Turn on thread page Beta

I'm Wonderful and I'm Single Society VI watch

ReputationRep:
    66 hours is kind of a lot for 10 days, no?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by netprime)
    That it is Drew, and I'm only working 66 hours during the 10-day period!! It's appauling.
    66 hours in 10 days = nearly 7 hours a day, every day.. That's not enough for you?! o.O

ReputationRep:
    6.6 hours a day isn't that much, really.

Especcially if, as I'm assuming, he's worked more in the past. A full time job is usually around the 40hr/week mark, so this is only on par with that.

You'd expect when there's an huge event on that businesses would want all hands on deck [pun intended, well... it is a sailing thing] to help them out. That's certainly the case with York pubs and bars when the races are on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    6.6 hours a day isn't that much, really.

Especcially if, as I'm assuming, he's worked more in the past. A full time job is usually around the 40hr/week mark, so this is only on par with that.

You'd expect when there's an huge event on that businesses would want all hands on deck [pun intended, well... it is a sailing thing] to help them out. That's certainly the case with York pubs and bars when the races are on.
    oh i'm sure. I know what it's like, 66 hours in 10 days isn't much and I've worked more. =P

ReputationRep:
    I just had an... odd experience.

The girl who was my first ever girlfriend, from yr 8, just randomly turned up at my house [it since appears she had been in contact with my mum] complete with long term [by her standards] current boyfriend....... and her 6 week old son :lolwut:

Just... :erm: ok.

ReputationRep:
    I just had an... odd experience.

The girl who was my first ever girlfriend, from yr 8, just randomly turned up at my house [it since appears she had been in contact with my mum] complete with long term [by her standards] current boyfriend....... and her 6 week old son

Just... ok.
    At least she didn't go on to tell you it was yours.....

ReputationRep:
    My mum did look far too happy with a baby in her arms though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgia)
    But I'm tired, and couldn't be bothered to do my hair and suchlike, and since we're female we're very good at talking.
    I'm male, and I'm very good at listening! (gasp!)

No, seriously, I've been taking part in Chloe Smith's by-election campaign by phoning people from CCHQ (Conservative Campaign HQ) and trying to persuade them. I've had some pretty epic conversations/debates. It's soooo much fun! Have applied for a job there, but doubt I'll get it.

How is everyone?

ReputationRep:
    Arg.

ReputationRep:
    I refuse to drive people places anymore. Grrr!

ReputationRep:
    What happened?

ReputationRep:
    What happened?
    She's female and , therefore, can not drive...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ethereal)
    She's female and , therefore, can not drive...
    :rolleyes:

Just that some people take advantage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iced_dragon_agility)
    :rolleyes:

Just that some people take advantage.

They do a bit, but in my case the person who takes advantage is called "a brother".

ReputationRep:
    I can't drive, so this isn't an issue for me. I don't really know if i think that's a good thing.

ReputationRep:
    I've got my hours up to 76 now, spread over 10 days, including an entire day off (><). That doesn't include any shifts that I get on the bar or anything though.

ReputationRep:
    You workaholic.

You can have my job, I'm bored of it. Severe case of can't-be-arseditis.

ReputationRep:
    I get that all the time, but in order to buy things you need money.

ReputationRep:
    Yes but since I've saved the majority of my earnings over the past few years I'm okay on that score. Plus as I'm not seeing terribly much in shops that I actually like, it's not as big a deal.

Am considering quitting and either not working or applying for something else for two months...but don't know whether I should just stick it out at my current job for that length of time.

ReputationRep:
    There's no harm applying to places and keeping your current job until something comes up, if at all

I'm going to the zoo today ^^

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.