Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    Yeah, it's recommended to update the bibliography as you go, and save often. If you try to do too many at once, it throws a fit. I'll also save, close and re-open Word from time to time as it can get buggy after a while and crash inexplicably.
    No I meant don't keep updating and changing the bibliography, make the bibliography at the end. Thats what I did wrong :/ kept changing my references around and then that changed the bibliography = utter mess. Oh definitely keep saving your work, I hate it when you close Microsoft Word and then it gives you an error message saying 'any work you completed might be lost'. I hate writing essays. Medical school has completely ruined any ability I had.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I passed!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beska)
    I passed!!!
    Bravo good sir. Drunk yet?
    • PS Helper

(Original post by Supermassive_muse_fan)
    No I meant don't keep updating and changing the bibliography, make the bibliography at the end. Thats what I did wrong :/ kept changing my references around and then that changed the bibliography = utter mess. Oh definitely keep saving your work, I hate it when you close Microsoft Word and then it gives you an error message saying 'any work you completed might be lost'. I hate writing essays. Medical school has completely ruined any ability I had.
    EndNote is your friend.

Just fixes your referencing for you*

Spoiler:
    Show
    *well makes it much easier to do!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kinkerz)
    Do mean here that you're required to be aware that nicotinic ACh receptors have different subunits? Or that you need to know the subunit concoctions of them (i.e., (α4)3(β2)2)?

If it's the latter... :rofl:
    Just the different subunit types and what binds to what subunit etc. If they ever tried to make us learn the concoctions are I'd swiftly concede defeat with medicine.

ReputationRep:
    Have realised that I have spent the last 7 weeks or so almost solely doing gastro, only 5 weeks left of this rotation and still have endo, renal and urology to cover. Plus I can't be arsed to do my SSC.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SabreT)
    Just the different subunit types and what binds to what subunit etc. If they ever tried to make us learn the concoctions are I'd swiftly concede defeat with medicine.
    by which do you mean knowing the drugs which offer (some degree of)* subtype selectivity? e.g. hexamethonium on Nn vs suxamethonium on Nm?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I seem to care far more about rowing than I do medicine...

**** off PBL write-up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Penguinsaysquack)

**** off PBL write-up
    I got told I would fail 2nd year if I didn't stop rowing.

I was 1% off a first and actually got a first in the subject of the tutor who told me that. :p:

Shame that my crew really achieved very little beyond liver damage and social embarassment that year...
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    I got told I would fail 2nd year if I didn't stop rowing.

I was 1% off a first and actually got a first in the subject of the tutor who told me that. :p:

Shame that my crew really achieved very little beyond liver damage and social embarassment that year...
    You showed him/her

Bit of a shame but you make liver damage sound like a bad thing :ninja:

Well ok it is... but the process of drinking and associated activities makes it worthwhile atm :yep:

ReputationRep:
    rowed at uni 1st viii level for a few years, it's definitely doable until clinicals!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Quick question about referencing:

Part of the PBL write-up I have to describe the anatomy of the skin... I'll reference the image i'll use but do I need to reference the descriptions of the various layers?

I'm guessing not but thought it'd be best to check just in case..

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't bother with referencing common facts describing anatomy.

ReputationRep:
    Is there a physical limit to how much chocolate it is possible for one person to eat?
    Like if i didnt throw up first?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fairy spangles)
    Is there a physical limit to how much chocolate it is possible for one person to eat?
    I'm sure there's some limit related to how much glucose you can tolerate... Surely it's possible to completely overwhelm your pancreas if you really tried?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca-Sarah)
    Surely it's possible to completely overwhelm your pancreas if you really tried?
    Sounds like a challenge if I've ever heard one.

ReputationRep:
    Starting to get stressed because I've done literally no work and everyone's studying their butts off - I'm in first year, by the way.

Just wanted to tell someone :P If I told family, they'd be all disappointed /Asian. If I told uni peeps, they'd think I'm lying /typical_medschool_crap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fairy spangles)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QI_(B_series)

Lethal dosage of chocolate = 22lb.

(I know I don't belong here, it's just interesting to see what you all get up to in a borderline-stalkerish way...) :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John Locke)
    by which do you mean knowing the drugs which offer (some degree of)* subtype selectivity? e.g. hexamethonium on Nn vs suxamethonium on Nm?
    Stuff like nicotinic ACh receptor has 5 subunits (2 alpha etc) and ACh binds to alpha subunits and induces allosteric change etc. We need to know about a few channel inhibitors like curare and their mechanisms. Fortunately, there's no pharmacology until next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Penguinsaysquack)

**** off PBL write-up
    Hello rival rower.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.