(Original post by sleekchic)
Prequel to The Wedding of River Song
It needs to be next week already! :mad:
greeneyedgirl
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Is it just me who feels like next week could be a HUGE disappointment?
Joseppea
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by greeneyedgirl)
It could be. I hope it isn't.

It's been set up to be amazing, so it'll be hard for it to actually live up to expectation. I'm already worried as it's only 45 minutes long - it needs an hour.
Pandora.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Nope, I'm half expecting it to be :cry2:
Friar Chris
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Oo err, it depends... The Doctor has been a bit feeble and helpless of late, with the occasional flair of his true colours ('As usual, you have a choice. You deactivate yourselves, or I deactivate you')... But essentially relying on others to bail him out of the problem...

So what would be ideal for next week's episode? Well besides the obvious requirement that he doesn't just escape death too quickly, it seems perhaps from the preview that, in contrast to the end of Smith's first season, many of his allies may be coming for him as opposed to all of his enemies... After which we ideally need The Doctor (because we know he obviously doesn't die permanently ) to emerge victorious in a triumphant display of his genius and demonstration of the dangers of crossing him, as opposed to flailing around helplessly...

Of course I'm anticipating he's just going to sit around and somehow be saved entirely by his chums, who seem to inevitably do all the work at the moment... Just my take on it.
SirMasterKey
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Time to watch Closing Time. Been out and to get the poll up on episode thread popped into my uni library on the way home, otherwise you get shot down with people saying 'where's the poll'.

Couldn't resist watching the sneak peek of next week's episode first however.
greeneyedgirl
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Joseppea)
It could be. I hope it isn't.

It's been set up to be amazing, so it'll be hard for it to actually live up to expectation. I'm already worried as it's only 45 minutes long - it needs an hour.

(Original post by Pandora.)
Nope, I'm half expecting it to be :cry2:

(Original post by Friar Chris)
Oo err, it depends... The Doctor has been a bit feeble and helpless of late, with the occasional flair of his true colours ('As usual, you have a choice. You deactivate yourselves, or I deactivate you')... But essentially relying on others to bail him out of the problem...

So what would be ideal for next week's episode? Well besides the obvious requirement that he doesn't just escape death too quickly, it seems perhaps from the preview that, in contrast to the end of Smith's first season, many of his allies may be coming for him as opposed to all of his enemies... After which we ideally need The Doctor (because we know he obviously doesn't die permanently ) to emerge victorious in a triumphant display of his genius and demonstration of the dangers of crossing him, as opposed to flailing around helplessly...

Of course I'm anticipating he's just going to sit around and somehow be saved entirely by his chums, who seem to inevitably do all the work at the moment... Just my take on it.
I just kinda think that it can't be resolved in a satisfactory way in one episode and it's just gonna end up being a huge disappointment.
Man-in-the-Moon
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
This has probably already been realised by people months ago but I think I've figured out the significance of the eyepatches.
Spoiler:
Show
In the final scene of tonight's episode Kovarian was wearing her typical eyepatch however she was accompanied by the two Silents. River forgot about them as soon as she looked away but it was clear that Kovarian was aware of them the whole time. Then in the prequel the two soldiers guarding the Silents in the tanks were also wearing the eyepatches. I'm presuming from this that if Madame Kovarian and her soldiers are working with the Silents somehow then they're wearing the eyepatches as a way of preventing them from being forgotten.
Apologies if I'm months late and have just wasted everyone's time but it suddenly seemed really obvious to me.
username91207
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Man-in-the-Moon)
This has probably already been realised by people months ago but I think I've figured out the significance of the eyepatches.
Spoiler:
Show
In the final scene of tonight's episode Kovarian was wearing her typical eyepatch however she was accompanied by the two Silents. River forgot about them as soon as she looked away but it was clear that Kovarian was aware of them the whole time. Then in the prequel the two soldiers guarding the Silents in the tanks were also wearing the eyepatches. I'm presuming from this that if Madame Kovarian and her soldiers are working with the Silents somehow then they're wearing the eyepatches as a way of preventing them from being forgotten.
Apologies if I'm months late and have just wasted everyone's time but it suddenly seemed really obvious to me.
Indeed, I and many others here agree with you. It's possible that
Spoiler:
Show
the eyepatches hold an image of a silent on the inside so you can never look away (and subsequently forget)
spacepirate-James
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by snowyowl)
Indeed, I and many others here agree with you. It's possible that
Spoiler:
Show
the eyepatches hold an image of a silent on the inside so you can never look away (and subsequently forget)
But doesn't an image of a silence, eventually, fade away like Amy's video?
username91207
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by spacepirate-James)
I can't entirely remember tbh :o: but assuming that's true, then
Spoiler:
Show
perhaps there's some kind of technology involved whereby looking at a real silent strengthens the image on the patch, so that it never fades?
LastLordofTime
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Spoiler:
Show
It could be a live stream from the tanks.
Joseppea
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by LastLordofTime)
Spoiler:
Show
It could be a live stream from the tanks.
The CCTV! (as used in the prequel.)
Joseppea
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Meh, in this series the rules are out of the window...as in The God Complex, where the image of an angel wasn't an angel.
kopite493
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i have a thoery about why the tardis explodes

i future version of the doctor needs help

so who does he send for himself

so to get his own attention he blows up the tardis resulting in the cracks in the bedroom of a little girl with red her whos crying everything the doctor would not be able to ignore
Sophie...
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Spoiler:
Show
I think he will make it look like he dies, then somehow burn a flesh model of himself. Or he will just say meh lets create a paradox, we can always do clever stuff to make it all better.

I think the last series has been brilliant.
Hype en Ecosse
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Joseppea)
Meh, in this series the rules are out of the window...as in The God Complex, where the image of an angel wasn't an angel.
It wasn't an actual image though, it was a meta-physical hallucination of an angel. Whereas everything else is a physical copy of an angel. If you want these manifestations of fear become real angels, then the memory of them would also create an angel - by that logic.
Joseppea
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
It wasn't an actual image though, it was a meta-physical hallucination of an angel. Whereas everything else is a physical copy of an angel. If you want these manifestations of fear become real angels, then the memory of them would also create an angel - by that logic.
Touché.
dizzeedollee
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I have to agree, i just don't think 45 minutes is long enough to fit a satisfactory ending into I do think that there will be quite a few O: and very epic moments but some moments, the ending particularly, I fear will be not so up to scratch

But I hope that the next episode will answer the following questions because there are a few questions that need (well, that I at least want :P) answering :P

1) How/why did the Silence/Kovarian put little River in the spacesuit in the first place?
2) Why an astronaut? Is there a particular reason why is has to be an astronaut? Perhaps it's because the Silence/Kovarian put little Melody (as we saw in TIA) into a spacesuit to 'change' her for a human life/brain wash her and they want to continue to image of the impossible astronaut?
3) What is the question?
4) Who/what is that black blob/person hiding behind the shed at Lake Silencio?
5) Who/what exactly are the Silence? Are they the Silent species we have seen since the beginning or a collection or species? etc
6) So if the Doctor doesn't die....why is River still in prison? O:
7) What's going to happen to Rory
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (443)
37.83%
No - but I will (88)
7.51%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (560)
47.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed