Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    Feel free to ride Arsene's **** but I for one won't be. I don't need to be patient when all the signs are suggesting nothing will change this season. I'm not the only one stressing so I guess we are all embarrassments. But like I said, feel free to buy into the Wenger lie like previous seasons if you are mug enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The other people stressing are idiots too. Just get on the boat with Piers Morgan and **** off. No wonder people laugh at Arsenal fans for being fickle. So the club says we have a finite budget and people get worked up? What do you expect to be told? We have an unlimited transfer budget?

Also when people were talking about what players we need to buy a few weeks ago I didn't see anyone say creative midfielder. Yet now the thread goes into meltdown because we don't want Fabregas.

It's actually comical.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_tom)
    Seriously, though. Mourinho wouldn't even loan us his third choice ****ing striker last summer, and now Wenger is going to give him the green light to get his hands on Cesc ****ing Fabregas, one of the best play-makers to ever grace the Premier League? ****ing hell
    So what would your transfer policy be? Buy every top quality player our rivals want to sign even if we have stacks of quality in that position.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by De Chirico)
    The other people stressing are idiots too. Just get on the boat with Piers Morgan and **** off. No wonder people laugh at Arsenal fans for being fickle. So the club says we have a finite budget and people get worked up? What do you expect to be told? We have an unlimited transfer budget?

Also when people were talking about what players we need to buy a few weeks ago I didn't see anyone say creative midfielder. Yet now the thread goes into meltdown because we don't want Fabregas.

It's actually comical.
    Thank you lord

ReputationRep:
    so much for that rasclart war chest huh brehs

i bet we won't even sign the ivorian chap who has been gagging for de emirates for 12 months ffs

jenkinson,arteta,giroud will all start next season.

done with this club. i pray we won't get top 4 that'll teach wenger and the suits a lesson
    srs talks, if jenko,fridge, and casanova start then we don't deserve top 4

ish gon be a long summer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by De Chirico)

It's actually comical.
    Great post.

ReputationRep:
    open them windows, lets get mad together brehs

ReputationRep:
    Such ambition from Arsenal. They really are entering that 'next stage' now by rejecting top players for cheap and letting him join their rivals. Why screw yourself over once when you can do it twice in one go?

ReputationRep:
    My uncle's friend's cousin's teacher's grandma's pet dog told me that Arsenal will splashing out on Marco Reus. You heard it here first.

ReputationRep:
    Lol you guys didn't even need Fabregas in the first place. There would be no balance to your midfield whatsoever

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Getting sick of all this whining. We don't ****ing need Fabregas and stop saying " depth this and depth that" because depth can still be bought.

Ramsey > Fabregas next season I'm calling it now.

Stop with this " we can keep fabregas when Ramsey and co are injured" because Cesc is much more than a squad player. We're much better off buying a real CDM and like Ornstein has tweeted, we're prioritising one.

Can you seriously imagine an XI with Cazorla/Ozil/Fabregas all on at the same time? We already have enough playmakers.

It's unfortunate that he'd go to Chelsea of all Clubs and yes it only makes things harder. That doesn't mean we're just gonna spunk out 30m for Fabregas "just so Chelsea can't have him" when realistically they'd end up buying some one else like Koke or similar.

Don't get me wrong, Arsene has to win the league next year, if not then 2nd place ( as long as Chelsea weren't first). But you guys are having some next crisis as if the seasons already over. We could afford Cesc, so if Wenger has rejected this deal he's probably got something bigger lined up. Stop expecting to hear our potential signings through the media because I'm sure they're going to be discreet until it actually happens.

ReputationRep:
    Fabregas in a Chelsea shirt would be pretty difficult to swallow. Not going to deny that.

But people are forgetting what we actually need to achieve in this transfer window.

We've just sold our backup goalkeeper. We have to replace Fabianski or when Scz gets injured we are royally ****ed.

Our first choice RB is going to leave, leaving us with only Jenkinson. Wether you think he is good enough to take over or not (I don't), we still need to buy another RB.

Now onto an issue Wenger himself has highlighted: not scoring enough. What's the problem here? Is it a lack of creativity? No. We have Ramsey and Ozil, two of the best creative midfield talents going at the moment. We create a lot of chances. The problem is that Giroud isn't clinical enough. You can say he scored 22 goals or whatever it was but anyone who has watched us all season knows how many chances he has squandered and how he consistently fails to score against top quality opposition.

If you've got a limited transfer budget (like us), you have to prioritise.

So lets say we spend a big chunk of our budget on Fabregas. Have we solved any of the above problems? No.

As for the argument about signing him for squad depth, we have Wilshere (who can't even get in the team atm anyway) who can cover for Ramsey. Cazorla and Rosicky can fill in for Ozil if he gets a knock.

We've got loads of creative midfielders in the team. If we do sign a midfielder it has to be a defensive minded player.

ReputationRep:
    I am feeling absolutely sick about this, absolutely going mad over this- it is looking likely that our former captain who we made into a world class player is about to join one of our closest rivals for the peak years of his career. He is better than any midfield option we have and i don't see how he wouldn't improve us.

so we will have Van Persie at United, Fabregas at Chelsea and then Nasri, Clichy and Sagna at City meanwhile we are left with Sanogo and a bunch of players who are constantly injured

still Wenger got his 3 year contract so it is not all bad

WENKER OUT NOW.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh Chelsea would just buy Koke or Pogba if we didn't get Fabregas.

Anyway there's the case that we're doing this transfer on the down low so you guys don't notice, but I won't get my hopes up, how do we actually know e.g. that Fabregas isn't wanted at Barca?

ReputationRep:
    You guys make me lol, at you not with you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by what is this)
    I am feeling absolutely sick about this, absolutely going mad over this- it is looking likely that our former captain who we made into a world class player is about to join one of our closest rivals for the peak years of his career. He is better than any midfield option we have and i don't see how he wouldn't improve us.

so we will have Van Persie at United, Fabregas at Chelsea and then Nasri, Clichy and Sagna at City meanwhile we are left with Sanogo and a bunch of players who are constantly injured

still Wenger got his 3 year contract so it is not all bad

WENKER OUT NOW.
    Get a grip, this thread is ****ing embarrassing at times.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    calmed down now tbh was lettin idea of nostalgia cloud rational thinkin. as jam just said they would have just slammed for koke or pogba if they aren't getting fab anyway. Not the end of da world if we lock down some targets. Jam wont be safe in the UK if he buys a no.4 fabregas shirt though, mans gonna have to migrate cos of the TSR death threats.

no-one seems to be talkin about our yute either, i hope some of them are ready to break in to some loan action by next season though it seems unlikely.

just lol at ozils tweet on oxcube, much cringe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest)
    calmed down now tbh was lettin idea of nostalgia cloud rational thinkin. as jam just said they would have just slammed for koke or pogba if they aren't getting fab anyway. Not the end of da world if we lock down some targets. Jam wont be safe in the UK if he buys a no.4 fabregas shirt though, mans gonna have to migrate cos of the TSR death threats.

no-one seems to be talkin about our yute either, i hope some of them are ready to break in to some loan action by next season though it seems unlikely.

What tweet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    What tweet?
    Come on Ox, I want to see you in Rio! #Brasil2014#WorldCup#TheOX
    just waiting for the podolski tweet now. #friends #teammates #fun #injury #england #recovery #kneeligament

ReputationRep:
    just waiting for the podolski tweet now. #friends #teammates #fun #injury #england #recovery #kneeligament

ReputationRep:

Man'll go to where your sister works with the fab no.4 shirt in a Chelsea kit.

I only see Gnabry making it out the current crop tbh. Tbh if Wenger think he's that good a player that's probably why he ain't going for a proper winger. Will see more of him next season, or he'll be loaned to a premier league team.

You have enough depth at LB, Jenkinson will probably assume RB, you've got 3 quality CBs. Don't see any other youth you've got.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.