The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6820
Original post by Lúcio
Sell Pereira to fund a move for Coutinho then?

for one chip and a few long range goals a season? no thanks
Original post by Rk2k14
Why is he describing Mata...

On a serious note he doesn't fulfil the criteria I listed:

.Has a lot of energy
.Doesn't get bullied
.Wins the ball back
He also can't beat his man dribbling.

As much as I rate and admire him as a player (his technical ability is outstanding) and there's also the fact he's our best no.10 by far, he still has his flaws and I believe he's more suited towards spanish football. He would be a great no.10 in better suited system but for me not perfect.

Original post by Lúcio
Sell Pereira to fund a move for Coutinho then?
In a world where Coutinho was actually consistent I would still never consider m8
Original post by Dirtybit
On a serious note he doesn't fulfil the criteria I listed:

.Has a lot of energy
.Doesn't get bullied
.Wins the ball back
He also can't beat his man dribbling.

As much as I rate and admire him as a player (his technical ability is outstanding) and there's also the fact he's our best no.10 by far, he still has his flaws and I believe he's more suited towards spanish football. He would be a great no.10 in better suited system but for me not perfect.

In a world where Coutinho was actually consistent I would still never consider m8

Apart from dribbling & energy (he is Brazilian after all) don't think Periera's all that. Have to question why he isn't starting for the first team given the no of injuries. Another Januzaj?
If that was the case then he'd be starting.
This is Van Gaal who is known for bringing up players, he made Thomas Müller into a world class player and made the likes of Toni Kroos. He's now potentially doing the same with Rashford...

If Pereira was good enough he'd play it's simple as that. He plays Jesse Lingard ffs.

Also Mata can fit the system if he has wingers besides him. Ozil has the same issues as Mata anyway and Mata at Chelsea at no.10 was fantastic. He was never the right fit for United for reasons I have stated already(Rooney and lack of top quality pacey wingers to play in tight spaces) but give him that and he's a quality player.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Rk2k14
Apart from dribbling & energy (he is Brazilian after all) don't think Periera's all that. Have to question why he isn't starting for the first team given the no of injuries. Another Januzaj?If that was the case then he'd be starting.
Rashford only got his chance because there was no other ST in the first team or U21 team available, we've already been through this. If Wilson was about he would have got the chance and nobody would have known about Rashford. Pereira was always the most talked about prospect from the academy after Januzaj mate, right at the top of the list. He'd only be starting if Fellaini, Mata, Rooney, Herrera were all injured at the same time btw same as Rashford.
Original post by KingKoala
Barkley
I wouldn't splash out £60m on him yet, he's still inconsistent and not guarantee'd succes. Especially before giving chances to our own academy players first for free
Original post by ozzyoscy
WTF does the year being 2016 as opposed to 2015 have to do with anything?

The fact we're in a digital age with a million and one ways to watch highlights of games.
Rashford only got his chance because there was no other ST in the first team or U21 team available, we've already been through this. If Wilson was about he would have got the chance and nobody would have known about Rashford. Pereira was always the most talked about prospect from the academy after Januzaj mate, right at the top of the list. He'd only be starting if Fellaini, Mata, Rooney, Herrera were all injured at the same time btw same as Rashford.I wouldn't splash out £60m on him yet, he's still inconsistent and not guarantee'd succes. Especially before giving chances to our own academy players first for free

Look how Januzaj turned out lol.
Yes it was a lucky chance for Rashford but he made his mark and gave the manager a reason to start him.
Perrier's been here for years and warmed the bench.
Fellaini n Rooney don't play 10 and both Mata and Herrera have been dropped, much to out annoyance.
Like Jam said, if he was good enough, he'd be starting or at least getting more game time, but clearly he lacks something.
Lingard also got the nod over Depay...
Rashford only got his chance because there was no other ST in the first team or U21 team available, we've already been through this. If Wilson was about he would have got the chance and nobody would have known about Rashford. Pereira was always the most talked about prospect from the academy after Januzaj mate, right at the top of the list. He'd only be starting if Fellaini, Mata, Rooney, Herrera were all injured at the same time btw same as Rashford.I wouldn't splash out £60m on him yet, he's still inconsistent and not guarantee'd succes. Especially before giving chances to our own academy players first for free

Fair enough
Original post by jam277
This is Van Gaal who is known for bringing up players, he made Thomas Müller into a world class player and made the likes of Toni Kroos. He's now potentially doing the same with Rashford...If Pereira was good enough he'd play it's simple as that. He plays Jesse Lingard ffs.

Not necessarily. First he has to hope for an injury like Rashford. Pereira isn't a winger he's a no.10 so he has to wait for Mata to get injured.

Original post by jam277
Lingard also got the nod over Depay...

Lingard plays RW and Depay is a LW. It's Martial who gets the nod over Depay. LVG is strict with positions.
Original post by Rk2k14
Look how Januzaj turned out lol.
Yes it was a lucky chance for Rashford but he made his mark and gave the manager a reason to start him.
Perrier's been here for years and warmed the bench.
Fellaini n Rooney don't play 10 and both Mata and Herrera have been dropped, much to out annoyance.
Like Jam said, if he was good enough, he'd be starting or at least getting more game time, but clearly he lacks something.

Yeah and look how Pogba turned out
What are you talking about lol, he has only been in the first team this season, he broke into the first team late last year with a few bench appearances due to injuries but he was still 18 and carrying the U21's team last year.
I like how you guys are trying to think logically with a man who would play Fellaini at 10 over Herrera, Rooney as a ST over Martial when Rooney had like 2 goals in like 1 year and play Ashley Young over Di Maria ffs.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by xKay
for one chip and a few long range goals a season? no thanks

So you'd legitimately prefer Pereira over Coutinho?

I knew you were a deluded fanbase but still...
Original post by Lúcio

Would take Nani back over Coutinho anyday
Reply 6833
Original post by Lúcio

never said that did I?
Original post by Zerforax
In fairness to Hayles, Valdes signed a contract until summer 2016 so he'll be released on a free in the summer after the loan expires and not play for Man Utd again.

Not necessarily, he can still sign a new contract

strongest apostrophe I've ever seen
DB's posts are making my head hurt

Original post by Kenan and Kel
DB's posts are making my head hurt

I am embracing club traditions

I am a top red
Original post by Lúcio
Not hard to see why Hayles left.

Brutal guys. Disappointed.

I was calling TJ a degenerate, not Hayley

This guy meant to be able to read minds with his masters Psychology degree. He can't even read the barbers opening times.

Dead trim.

@Rk2k14 thoughts?
Original post by zKlown
I was calling TJ a degenerate, not Hayley

This guy meant to be able to read minds with his masters Psychology degree. He can't even read the barbers opening times.

Dead trim.

@Rk2k14 thoughts?

Not you m8, you're alright x

Nah it's cool, I keep the times on my phone. That's the level of intelligence a degree gets you :wink:

Trim will never be dead.

Latest