.Doesn't get bullied
.Has composure
.Wins the ball back
.Not afraid to get stuck in
.Is a great passer
.Has great vision
Spoiler:
Show

Sell Pereira to fund a move for Coutinho then?
Rk2k14
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Why is he describing Mata...
KingKoala
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Dirtybit)
At No.10 we need somebody who :

.Is a great dribbler of the ball
.Has a lot of energy
.Doesn't get bullied
.Has composure
.Wins the ball back
.Not afraid to get stuck in
.Is a great passer
.Has great vision
Spoiler:
Show

Barkley
xKay
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Lúcio)
for one chip and a few long range goals a season? no thanks
Dirtybit
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Rk2k14)
Why is he describing Mata...
On a serious note he doesn't fulfil the criteria I listed:

.Has a lot of energy
.Doesn't get bullied
.Wins the ball back
He also can't beat his man dribbling.

As much as I rate and admire him as a player (his technical ability is outstanding) and there's also the fact he's our best no.10 by far, he still has his flaws and I believe he's more suited towards spanish football. He would be a great no.10 in better suited system but for me not perfect.

(Original post by Lúcio)
In a world where Coutinho was actually consistent I would still never consider m8
Rk2k14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
On a serious note he doesn't fulfil the criteria I listed:

.Has a lot of energy
.Doesn't get bullied
.Wins the ball back
He also can't beat his man dribbling.

As much as I rate and admire him as a player (his technical ability is outstanding) and there's also the fact he's our best no.10 by far, he still has his flaws and I believe he's more suited towards spanish football. He would be a great no.10 in better suited system but for me not perfect.

In a world where Coutinho was actually consistent I would still never consider m8
Apart from dribbling & energy (he is Brazilian after all) don't think Periera's all that. Have to question why he isn't starting for the first team given the no of injuries. Another Januzaj?
If that was the case then he'd be starting.
jam277
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
This is Van Gaal who is known for bringing up players, he made Thomas Müller into a world class player and made the likes of Toni Kroos. He's now potentially doing the same with Rashford...

If Pereira was good enough he'd play it's simple as that. He plays Jesse Lingard ffs.

Also Mata can fit the system if he has wingers besides him. Ozil has the same issues as Mata anyway and Mata at Chelsea at no.10 was fantastic. He was never the right fit for United for reasons I have stated already(Rooney and lack of top quality pacey wingers to play in tight spaces) but give him that and he's a quality player.
Dirtybit
Rep:
?
Apart from dribbling & energy (he is Brazilian after all) don't think Periera's all that. Have to question why he isn't starting for the first team given the no of injuries. Another Januzaj?If that was the case then he'd be starting.
Rashford only got his chance because there was no other ST in the first team or U21 team available, we've already been through this. If Wilson was about he would have got the chance and nobody would have known about Rashford. Pereira was always the most talked about prospect from the academy after Januzaj mate, right at the top of the list. He'd only be starting if Fellaini, Mata, Rooney, Herrera were all injured at the same time btw same as Rashford.
(Original post by KingKoala)
Barkley
I wouldn't splash out £60m on him yet, he's still inconsistent and not guarantee'd succes. Especially before giving chances to our own academy players first for free
sr90
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ozzyoscy)
WTF does the year being 2016 as opposed to 2015 have to do with anything?
The fact we're in a digital age with a million and one ways to watch highlights of games.
Rk2k14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Rashford only got his chance because there was no other ST in the first team or U21 team available, we've already been through this. If Wilson was about he would have got the chance and nobody would have known about Rashford. Pereira was always the most talked about prospect from the academy after Januzaj mate, right at the top of the list. He'd only be starting if Fellaini, Mata, Rooney, Herrera were all injured at the same time btw same as Rashford.I wouldn't splash out £60m on him yet, he's still inconsistent and not guarantee'd succes. Especially before giving chances to our own academy players first for free
Look how Januzaj turned out lol.
Yes it was a lucky chance for Rashford but he made his mark and gave the manager a reason to start him.
Perrier's been here for years and warmed the bench.
Fellaini n Rooney don't play 10 and both Mata and Herrera have been dropped, much to out annoyance.
Like Jam said, if he was good enough, he'd be starting or at least getting more game time, but clearly he lacks something.
jam277
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Lingard also got the nod over Depay...
KingKoala
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Rashford only got his chance because there was no other ST in the first team or U21 team available, we've already been through this. If Wilson was about he would have got the chance and nobody would have known about Rashford. Pereira was always the most talked about prospect from the academy after Januzaj mate, right at the top of the list. He'd only be starting if Fellaini, Mata, Rooney, Herrera were all injured at the same time btw same as Rashford.I wouldn't splash out £60m on him yet, he's still inconsistent and not guarantee'd succes. Especially before giving chances to our own academy players first for free
Fair enough
Dirtybit
Rep:
?
(Original post by jam277)
This is Van Gaal who is known for bringing up players, he made Thomas Müller into a world class player and made the likes of Toni Kroos. He's now potentially doing the same with Rashford...If Pereira was good enough he'd play it's simple as that. He plays Jesse Lingard ffs.
Not necessarily. First he has to hope for an injury like Rashford. Pereira isn't a winger he's a no.10 so he has to wait for Mata to get injured.

(Original post by jam277)
Lingard also got the nod over Depay...
Lingard plays RW and Depay is a LW. It's Martial who gets the nod over Depay. LVG is strict with positions.
Dirtybit
Rep:
?
Look how Januzaj turned out lol.
Yes it was a lucky chance for Rashford but he made his mark and gave the manager a reason to start him.
Perrier's been here for years and warmed the bench.
Fellaini n Rooney don't play 10 and both Mata and Herrera have been dropped, much to out annoyance.
Like Jam said, if he was good enough, he'd be starting or at least getting more game time, but clearly he lacks something.
Yeah and look how Pogba turned out
What are you talking about lol, he has only been in the first team this season, he broke into the first team late last year with a few bench appearances due to injuries but he was still 18 and carrying the U21's team last year.
I like how you guys are trying to think logically with a man who would play Fellaini at 10 over Herrera, Rooney as a ST over Martial when Rooney had like 2 goals in like 1 year and play Ashley Young over Di Maria ffs.
Lúcio
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by xKay)
for one chip and a few long range goals a season? no thanks
So you'd legitimately prefer Pereira over Coutinho?

I knew you were a deluded fanbase but still...
Dirtybit
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lúcio)

Would take Nani back over Coutinho anyday
xKay
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Lúcio)

never said that did I?
difeo
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Zerforax)
In fairness to Hayles, Valdes signed a contract until summer 2016 so he'll be released on a free in the summer after the loan expires and not play for Man Utd again.
Not necessarily, he can still sign a new contract
difeo
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
strongest apostrophe I've ever seen
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (68)
19.21%
Labour (140)
39.55%
Liberal Democrats (74)
20.9%
Green Party (26)
7.34%
Brexit Party (10)
2.82%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (6)
1.69%
Plaid Cymru (5)
1.41%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (0)
0%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)
0%
UKIP (4)
1.13%
Other (3)
0.85%
None (18)
5.08%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise