Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    I studied German in Y9 in a Fast-Track-I got to choose it in Y7 to complete the GCSE in Y9 I had to choose out of German,Art, Technology or Performing Arts and although, I hated languages I chose it because I knew I was terrible at practical skills and I got an A in it 2 years early and I never would have got an A in the other 3 subjects but it was so stressful.In Science,I studied Core for the first year and Additional for the second so I got my Core result a year early which was an A* despite getting a Grade B in C1 and P1 in January.My School decided to let us do English a year early so I completed Language and Literature a year early and got A*s in both due to a lot of effort and some revision but not excessive because its not easy to revise English.
    fair enough, what are you expecting in your gcse results overall? like how many A* etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by allypetal)
    My heart is racing and I know there isn't a chance in heaven I'm going to get a wink of sleep. How does everyone else feel about tomorrow?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    you will be fine trust me. I remember that feeling 2 years ago :rolleyes: but if you put in the effort for your GCSEs then your bound to see good grades. Good luck !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shafkat123)
    I'm so nervous I can't tell if I'm warm or cold
    at least you're not camping like qr

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    I think my ratings are similar to this-if I get a B I will certainly be beating myself mentally and I've always thought of an A as not a fail but just about acceptable but I still value A*s highly unlike Asians.
    chill bro, don't get worked up for a B.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Millerman)
    is it an advantage for people who do kore gcse, when applying for uni???
    You need the core GCSEs to get into any university. English and Maths are a must, Science also is generally.

A-Levels however no, you do not need to do core subjects to get into a uni. Only A-Levels related to the course you want to do will benefit you. English is a good A-Level to have though if you decide to do History, Geography or a subject as such.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meadhbh 3)
    Lol! Sounds smart! My post man comes when he feels like really I thought "best not rush him" his usual time it between 2-5, I do not have that much patience left in me now!
    That's far too late! Get it over with early and enjoy the rest of the day.

ReputationRep:
    I've attempted to sleep but it's not working

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm screwed. You're fine. There.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't have done worse than me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to collect my results at 10am which is quite ironic because that is the time I was going to go if the school didn't inform me of what time to go because I went at 10.30 last year and thought that because we are the Y11s we should receive ours first 10.00 am seemed to be a good time to go.I'm still going to go 5-10 mins early because there are about 180 pupils in our year I think, it wasn't as many as that at the start but a lot of people joined the year in Y9-Y11.

ReputationRep:
    Right I'm going bed now so best of luck to us and please feel free to PM about any concerns or worries tomorrow morning! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NiiNaa_)
    The exam was okay. I got my actual marks whereas my friend got an overall percentage so I guess it depends on the school. We hope for an A*. What about you?
    Lol sorry about the late reply..urm got an A in performance and an A* in composition so I guess we'll see! Hoping for an A if not an A*. Let me know what you get x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yellowcopter)
    You need the core GCSEs to get into any university. English and Maths are a must, Science also is generally.

A-Levels however no, you do not need to do core subjects to get into a uni. Only A-Levels related to the course you want to do will benefit you. English is a good A-Level to have though if you decide to do History, Geography or a subject as such.
    cheers, what about people who do like 16 and then others who only do 10. is that an advantage or not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mo Hoosen)
    I've been stalking the exam boards and I'm crying honestly It's so scary, but I hope everyone meets their goals!
    You'll be fine!

I've just finished my AS subjects, and between GCSE results day and AS results day, I haven't really used my GCSE results at all. Most of my job interviews this year have been based on what I'm like as a person rather than my academic side!

If you're worried about universities, while GCSEs are important, they're not the end of the world if you slip up!
    As my teachers say, students can change and mature a lot between their GCSEs and AS levels, with students who achieved low GCSE grades turning them round to fantastic grades at A level, and universities are aware of this!

Good luck to all of you! And make sure you all get some sleep!

ReputationRep:
    I can show a picture if you want of my tent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flutterby53)
    It's sort of "Eeeeyuf" at best :lol: I tried to get a drink at Starbucks and the poor girl who had to tell me my drink was ready must have had a heart attack seeing that many vowels in one name :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Can just imagine their looks of shock at 'Tiarnach', 'Laoise' or 'Caoilinn' (friends names. )

Went over to England where people knew my name before and a lady came up to me and the first thing she asked was how you pronounced my name, because they were all trying to work it out. :lol: Once you say it's just 'Owen' they're dead on haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invest)
    I've attempted to sleep but it's not working

Posted from TSR Mobile
    2 cups of warm milk and/or a drowsy hayfever tablet :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qr95)
    I can show a picture if you want of my tent
    yes pleaseeee i was actually gona ask you this

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I tried sleeping but couldn't so I'm back on this and staying on here until I feel the need to try another attempt to sleep

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I've just been offered a place at a very good university (Bristol) and the only GCSE's they required a pass in were Maths (B) and English (C). That's it, and you can even dispute that if you get the right A level grades anyway.

Believe me when I say this, GCSE'S are so over rated and aren't actually that important. Just do well at A Level as that is what matters!

Good luck everyone and don't worry!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.