Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LosingDogs)
    Anyone wanna recommend a good comedy film to a brudda? Feel like a cheap laugh tonight.
    In Bruges

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    In Bruges

Good choice actually :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    In Bruges
    Actually saw that quite a few years back, and it creeped me the **** out. That and pain and gain should not be considered comedies.

Colin Farrell though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ended up watching Knocked Up and it's made me see This is 40 in a completely different light, didn't know they were linked

"Marriage is like an unfunny tense version of Everybody Loves Raymond, but it doesn't last 22 minutes"

:laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eboracum)
    X
    I've sussed it out. You go to the University of York don't you? Am I right or am I right? :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    I've sussed it out. You go to the University of York don't you? Am I right or am I right? :cool:
    Now what makes you think that?

ReputationRep:
    Fellow Russell group university student here. I'm currently applying for graduate jobs (like yourself). Reckon it's slightly easier for me as I'm coming off the back of a placement year, so used to Assessment days, online tests etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Fellow Russell group university student here. I'm currently applying for graduate jobs (like yourself). Reckon it's slightly easier for me as I'm coming off the back of a placement year, so used to Assessment days, online tests etc.
    Good luck with your studies and applications. Have you just started your final year? It's hard to know what to do, I think I'm going to apply for grad schemes and MAs. I just did the E&Y online tests this morning. I'm saving some of the other schemes until I get a bit more practise at the tests, but I'm conscious of closing dates. But equally, I'm dreaming of a Masters at UCL. What will be will be I guess. Hows i going for you?

ReputationRep:
    Good luck with your studies and applications. Have you just started your final year? It's hard to know what to do, I think I'm going to apply for grad schemes and MAs. I just did the E&Y online tests this morning. I'm saving some of the other schemes until I get a bit more practise at the tests, but I'm conscious of closing dates. But equally, I'm dreaming of a Masters at UCL. What will be will be I guess. Hows i going for you?
    Yeah I'm final year. Sound, got your options open I suppose. Agreed on the closing dates, big 4 especially open very early and it becomes more difficult the longer you leave it.

It's going decent for me, I'm an accounting student. On my placement j got assessment days at some decent size companies (GSK was main one) and Interviews at Nissan/NHS etc. Didn't touch the big 4 though, flat rejections before I got close. Applied to them as my first applications which was naive, so hopefully should be in better stead than I was last year. Was considering a masters but it's not really helpful to me, just wanna get my ACA qualification as quickly as possible.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Btw. Anybody knows how to voluntary cause goosebumps?
    watch in hd

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swarly)
    watch in hd

Goosebumps everywhere. That first minute got me a full body reaction brah.

ReputationRep:
    dr tyson has some sick ass lectures on youtube, check em out.

check this out.

http://htwins.net/scale2/

trips you out man, really makes you think.

ReputationRep:
    tfw you realise all you are is a piece of self aware quantum foam :moon:
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    I saw your post on the Advantages or disadvantages of RG uni's.... Then I googled your username cos I don't know what it means and then bingo...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm final year. Sound, got your options open I suppose. Agreed on the closing dates, big 4 especially open very early and it becomes more difficult the longer you leave it.

It's going decent for me, I'm an accounting student. On my placement j got assessment days at some decent size companies (GSK was main one) and Interviews at Nissan/NHS etc. Didn't touch the big 4 though, flat rejections before I got close. Applied to them as my first applications which was naive, so hopefully should be in better stead than I was last year. Was considering a masters but it's not really helpful to me, just wanna get my ACA qualification as quickly as possible.
    Yeah. I won't be applying to any of the other Big 4. If I'm honest I'm not really interested in finance/accounting, I'm a Political Science student, so I'm just using it as practise as generally the big four have the hardest application process. Yeah I fancy a crack at GSK, looks a good company to work for, I've got my eye on the Communications grad scheme. Where did you do your placement?

It can be challenging to know what to do. Like a lot of these companies will ask you why you want to work for them, and its like...not as if ever since I was a baby I've wanted to work for X company, or in X profession, at the end of the day, it's a well paying job, with prestige and good opportunities for advancement, and thats why many apply to them. In truth I think my passion is government/policy, so thats what I'll spend most time working towards. I feel an MA would significantly benefit me, especially if I could get into UCL, but we'll have to see. I fancy a crack at LSE as well, but it's 20k for MA, double the price of UCL, so forget that.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swarly)
    watch in hd

I felt nothing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    I felt nothing
    it was probably wasted on you

perhaps this is more to your taste:

ReputationRep:
    Man parred the ting.

ReputationRep:
    Man parred the ting.
    did you check out the scale of the universe link i posted?
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Rudeness. I bring it upon myself really.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.