Announcements
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Seeing City go through is horrible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Seeing City go through is horrible.
    Why? They've had tough draws for a few years now and they've spent a lot of money to get to this point. I'm pretty indifferent about Man City and their success.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Why? They've had tough draws for a few years now and they've spent a lot of money to get to this point. I'm pretty indifferent about Man City and their success.
    Just assumed they'd **** up too tbh.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Reports this morning that Sterling has rejected a new 70k per week contract. I wonder if he ''swerved off the road in disgust'' like Ashley Cole did.

ReputationRep:
    Raheem is worthy of 100-120k pretty easily though, so no doubt he's gonna be unhappy.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by JamesR12)
    Raheem is worthy of 100-120k pretty easily though, so no doubt he's gonna be unhappy.
    He should get whatever Sturridge got last season.

ReputationRep:
    No doubt they're trying to manage it a little considering he's only 20. Should be trying to give him a decent basic with big add-ons I guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    He should get whatever Sturridge got last season.
    Sturridge was on 70 going into last year, and rumoured in March and October, both 2014, to have agreed/be on the verge of a 140-150k contract.

Idc either way about Sturridge's wages, but Raheem is worth 100-120k currently.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by sr90)
    Reports this morning that Sterling has rejected a new 70k per week contract. I wonder if he ''swerved off the road in disgust'' like Ashley Cole did.
    Crikey. It doesn't rain, it pours.

ReputationRep:
    Sturridge was on 70 going into last year, and rumoured in March and October, both 2014, to have agreed/be on the verge of a 140-150k contract.

I think Sterling is currently on 30k and the offer is to increase to 70k + good bonuses based on performances. He's still got 2.5 years left on his contract so it's not a big rush.

ReputationRep:

100-120k is really high for a 20 year old, I'm not sure if FSG would want to pay a youngster so much. Somewhere between 75-90k with add ons seems about right.

ReputationRep:
    Lol Sterling is not worth 120k. I'd pay 70k to him or tell him to stuff it.

You're essentially saying he's worth that because he has the potential to put you to ransom. Guys been off form this season and one good half season doesn't warrant a 120k contract. That is Liverpoolnomics in a nutshell, the type that buys Andy Carroll for £35m after half a good season yet then puts a slander campaign against Loic Remy despite no other club seeing a heart problem(which they'd have checked especially Chelsea).

It's not even a Walcott situation where he put the club to ransom and was having a good season either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)

You're essentially saying he's worth that because he has the potential to put you to ransom. Guys been off form this season and one good half season doesn't warrant a 120k contract. That is Liverpoolnomics in a nutshell, the type that buys Andy Carroll for £35m after half a good season yet then puts a slander campaign against Loic Remy despite no other club seeing a heart problem(which they'd have checked especially Chelsea).

It's not even a Walcott situation where he put the club to ransom and was having a good season either.
    I don't think the contract situation is a pressing concern since he has another 2 years left on his current one. I agree that he isn't worth 120k (yet), currently he's worth between 70-80k. Sterling has got 3 goals and 5 assists which isn't bad considering how **** the club has been since August and that Sterling has been overplayed. The club will no doubt wait and see how the second half of the season pans out. Sterling can easily have a stellar end to the season once Sturridge returns to the team. I highly doubt FSG will let a 20 year old hold the club to ransom, the club has been trimming down the wage bill over the last few seasons and they will give Sterling a contract they believe he is worth.

Wrt Remy I think it was more due to the injury risks he posed and so the club wasn't willing to take the risk on him since we already have a injury prone striker in Sturridge.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't blame Sterling tbh. Does he really want to tie himself to Liverpool with their present state for anything less than top dollar with the uncertainty at the club. You have to ask how does signing a new deal benefit him at this stage? He'd be losing money in the long term.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by jam277)

How many footballers are honestly worth their wages though? He's perfectly entitled to hold them to ransom at the moment, he knows that he's their star player and that there are other clubs out there who would happily pay him the amount he's looking for. He's the one holding all the cards in the negotiations, not Liverpool.

ReputationRep:
    Naismith on £30k or Sterling on £120k haha. Liverpool should tell the overatted runt to **** off

ReputationRep:
    Luke Shaw is on like £100k+ a week, footballers wages are just messed up nowadays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Mighty_Bush)
    Naismith on £30k or Sterling on £120k haha. Liverpool should tell the overatted runt to **** off
    Naismith is ****e though to be fair.

Standard of teams in the EL is so **** this year.

Easy winnable. Liverpool are favourites. Everton 4th ffs says it all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gob Bluth)
    Naismith is ****e though to be fair.
    At the moment, hes the better footballer than Sterling. Sterling has a lot of potential but hasnt shown much so far.

A even better example would be Koke. One of the best young players in the world, only slightly older than Sterling and actually producing on the big stage week in week out.

ReputationRep:
    The standard of the EL isnt ****. You had a relatively easy CL group and were lucky to win any games at all. I wouldnt be surprised if you went out straight away.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 4, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.