Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZetaMu)
    It doesn't last long because it's pinned to your anger, and you're not going to be constantly angry at people who underestimate you. Maybe you have other sources of motivation? Maybe a uni you dream of attending, or a super car you'll only be able to afford if you get the grades to land your dream job. Is any of that working for you? 😂
    hmmm... idk none of that works for me because i don't wanna do it for the money, and i don't have a specific uni i'd like to do my course at... i mean brighton looks real nice but idk... none of that has worked for me

the only time i was super motivated was back in gcses when the teachers told us we were gonna fail and that they couldn't teach us because the science exam boards changed like 6 months before the exams

it scared the **** out of me and made me work my ass off :gigg:
    but i worked hard at AS and it wasn't enough... don't know if i'm prepared to work harder this year

what works for you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    hmmm... idk none of that works for me because i don't wanna do it for the money, and i don't have a specific uni i'd like to do my course at... i mean brighton looks real nice but idk... none of that has worked for me

the only time i was super motivated was back in gcses when the teachers told us we were gonna fail and that they couldn't teach us because the science exam boards changed like 6 months before the exams

it scared the **** out of me and made me work my ass off :gigg:
    but i worked hard at AS and it wasn't enough... don't know if i'm prepared to work harder this year

what works for you?
    I've always relied on extrinsic motivation (cars, makeup, shopping sprees I'll allow myself to go on if I revise, that kinda thing).

If that's what motivated you at GCSEs then maybe you need negative reinforcement?

ReputationRep:
    I've always relied on extrinsic motivation (cars, makeup, shopping sprees I'll allow myself to go on if I revise, that kinda thing).

If that's what motivated you at GCSEs then maybe you need negative reinforcement?
    hmmm yeah maybe haha
    i wish that could motivate me lol

but i've found it easier to stick to a diet if i make friday my cheat day
    it worked so far, and diets never last more than an hour for me

:lol:

so maybe that will work

i'll try it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    hmmm yeah maybe haha
    i wish that could motivate me lol

but i've found it easier to stick to a diet if i make friday my cheat day
    it worked so far, and diets never last more than an hour for me

:lol:

so maybe that will work

i'll try it
    Sure give it a go and I hope it helps you get back on track.

ReputationRep:
    Sure give it a go and I hope it helps you get back on track.
    i hope so too !

ReputationRep:
    Sick theres a bug going around and ive caught it ugh

ReputationRep:
    Stressed don't know what to do my dissertation on

ReputationRep:
    im really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou 22)
    Why is life so demanding xD lmao. Everytime I come here claiming to stay and never get round to it, nothing but neglect from me this year so far apologise for so, will be back once things are settled.
    hope you get settled soon, in the meantime we will keep the thread ticking over (though i still think you give much better advice than me)

ReputationRep:
    :sick:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Incredible97)
    :sick:

hope you feel better soon

Like crap atm urgh hate this feeling

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZuluK)
    Like crap atm urgh hate this feeling
    How come?👀

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by amoham)
    How come?👀

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haven't slept in 3 days. Only had about 2 and bit hours sleep in between so it's all making me feel like crap. Thanks for asking!

How are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseafreak)
    hope you feel better soon
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZuluK)
    Haven't slept in 3 days. Only had about 2 and bit hours sleep in between so it's all making me feel like crap. Thanks for asking!

How are you?
    I'm alright, uni hasn't started yet for me so not too busy. How come your getting so less sleep ?:confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by amoham)
    I'm alright, uni hasn't started yet for me so not too busy. How come your getting so less sleep ?:confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah alright for some haha. When do you start?
    Er I don't sleep much tbh. I function better on less but 2 hours in 3 days is a bit too less

ReputationRep:
    I feel mentally and physically exhausted and I just want to crawl up and a ball and hibernate. I also want to put the time on pause because I feel like I'm wasting my life away and it's making me depressed af.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm feeling like I need to cry. But I can't yet...
    I have a lot of work to do. But I'm procrastinating. 🙈

ReputationRep:
    I have a really bad cold, I'm out of paracetamol and almost out of tissues. Also just a little bit heartbroken. Safe to say I've had better days.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.