Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    anyone planning to retake and reapply again to their firm ??
    Yeah im planning to do that. Would you still be in college, or would you only go in to take the exams?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by enyav)
    Same
    (Original post by Lularose83)
    Sadly I don't even think a real cute kitten would help😥
    What about a cute frenchman and his pet chicken sailing around the world: http://www.boredpanda.com/sailing-ch...guirec-soudee/

ReputationRep:
    Yeah im planning to do that. Would you still be in college, or would you only go in to take the exams?

ReputationRep:
    I'm really into anything with a decent reputation but as long as I get that feel when I visit then I know it's right lolI'm interested in pretty much all of those you sent me, and from my research before my initial application but considering my grades (lets say BCC at a worst case scenario) I doubt many will be achievable?Looking at the website for southampton, it states the grade but would you recommend calling if you are slightly off or wait until they lower it if they wish

Also I was quite interested in A&F/Economics before choosing compsci and wonderd if I stood a better chance there? (Sorry for spamming you i'm at work atm)

Cardiff have emailed me saying they also have vacancies so that's another

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingLAWZA)
    Computer Science, i've wanted to read up on it throughout the summer but the thought of not getting to Uni has just made me avoid it as it seems pointless
    exactly what I'm doing

Gonna wait until tmr before I learn Java or Swift

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by enyav)
    Same
    (Original post by Lularose83)
    Sadly I don't even think a real cute kitten would help😥
    What about a cute frenchman and his pet chicken sailing around the world: http://www.boredpanda.com/sailing-ch...guirec-soudee/

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Blasting out lana del rey on the piano my family gets the hint, can't hack anymore grade 8 scales

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MCPC247)
    Let's say you check track first. You get into your firm and then you think you got certain grades (eg. AAA) when really they might have just let you in with lower grades. Then you end up disappointed if this is the case.
    Lol I personally wouldn't care too much what grades I got if I got in XD

(Original post by PlayerBB)
    Yeahh Good point!

The thing is, it's all about getting into uni, it's just out of curiosity that I want to check my grades hoping my predictions don't fall in place lol but my results are on 6 am so yeah I don't know if I'll keep the envelope closed till I open track.
    Ahhh sorry you get results before track opens I see. Then yes I would also check results XD Can't wait that long for track!! haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MCPC247)
    Let's say you check track first. You get into your firm and then you think you got certain grades (eg. AAA) when really they might have just let you in with lower grades. Then you end up disappointed if this is the case.
    Lol I personally wouldn't care too much what grades I got if I got in XD

(Original post by PlayerBB)
    Yeahh Good point!

The thing is, it's all about getting into uni, it's just out of curiosity that I want to check my grades hoping my predictions don't fall in place lol but my results are on 6 am so yeah I don't know if I'll keep the envelope closed till I open track.
    Ahhh sorry you get results before track opens I see. Then yes I would also check results XD Can't wait that long for track!! haha

ReputationRep:
    Hope everyone gets the results they wanted. Good luck guys.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

I'm really into anything with a decent reputation but as long as I get that feel when I visit then I know it's right lolI'm interested in pretty much all of those you sent me, and from my research before my initial application but considering my grades (lets say BCC at a worst case scenario) I doubt many will be achievable?Looking at the website for southampton, it states the grade but would you recommend calling if you are slightly off or wait until they lower it if they wish for universities in general?

I was also interested in A&F as well as Economics prior so would those be easier tto access? (Sorry i'm spamming i'm at work at the moment)

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QueenBee98)
    I haven't looked at the Grade Boundaries yet and I am so proud... I swore to myself that I wouldn't, and there is no temptation at all! :rofl: :dancing2:
    Sure. Is that why you're talking about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QueenBee98)
    I haven't looked at the Grade Boundaries yet and I am so proud... I swore to myself that I wouldn't, and there is no temptation at all! :rofl: :dancing2:
    Sounds like a pile of lies, but alright.

ReputationRep:
    I can't focus on anything apart from results

ReputationRep:
    I'm really into anything with a decent reputation but as long as I get that feel when I visit then I know it's right lol I'm interested in pretty much all of those you sent me, and from my research before my initial application but considering my grades (lets say BCC at a worst case scenario) I doubt many will be achievable? Looking at the website for southampton, it states the grade but would you recommend calling if you are slightly off or wait until they lower it if they wish for universities in general? I was also interested in A&F as well as Economics prior so would those be easier tto access? (Sorry i'm spamming i'm at work at the moment)

ReputationRep:
    Can I get an answer to something please?

In Y. 12 I did Chem, Maths (A2 - I retook) and Physics.

Can I apply for Physics A2 and Further Maths AS and A2 next year only?

ReputationRep:
    I'm really into anything with a decent reputation but as long as I get that feel when I visit then I know it's right lol I'm interested in pretty much all of those you sent me, and from my research before my initial application but considering my grades (lets say BCC at a worst case scenario) I doubt many will be achievable? Looking at the website for southampton, it states the grade but would you recommend calling if you are slightly off or wait until they lower it if they wish for universities in general? I was also interested in A&F as well as Economics prior so would those be easier tto access? (Sorry i'm spamming i'm at work at the moment)

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which is the best season?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.