This discussion is closed.
CB91
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by xxm)
How?
It's not so much that he ruins them, it's that he brings players in on big wages for big prices and then leaves when they start to decline. This gives the next manager(s) an impossible job of trying to replicate what he did, but with an ageing team. And to add to that, when you have massive egos like Terry, Lampard, Drogba, Lucio, Samuel etc that expect to play week in, week out despite how crap they are, you can implode like Inter, and to a lesser extent, Chelsea have.
rainbow_kisses
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by CB91)
It's not so much that he ruins them, it's that he brings players in on big wages for big prices and then leaves when they start to decline. This gives the next manager(s) an impossible job of trying to replicate what he did, but with an ageing team. And to add to that, when you have massive egos like Terry, Lampard, Drogba, Lucio, Samuel etc that expect to play week in, week out despite how crap they are, you can implode like Inter, and to a lesser extent, Chelsea have.
If Chelsea have imploded, don't know what word you want to use to describe Liverpool
ahq
Badges: 13
Report 6 years ago
Inter seem to be in an absolute mess at the moment. What are the likely implications if they fail to get European football at all next season? They're not struggling financially, are they? (And I would imagine they'd still have some prestige left over...)
Mess.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
They are always struggling financially tbph and they have a wage bill of close to 200m euros a year, which is absolutely insane!
ahq
Badges: 13
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Mess.)
They are always struggling financially tbph and they have a wage bill of close to 200m euros a year, which is absolutely insane!
Oh. I knew they had an insanely high wage bill, but I thought they had it under control with funding from Moratti.
Mess.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Abiraleft)
Oh. I knew they had an insanely high wage bill, but I thought they had it under control with funding from Moratti.
http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/20...-at-inter.html

aa22
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ra-ra-ra)
I know Quim was partly off his line but there was no chance he was saving that. 106km, almost as good as Hulks 108km against Benfica. I'd like Simao were he not on loan from Benfica.

Braga 13 wins out of 13... no stopping them!

Great goal by David Simao! His first one in the league isn't it? I have high hopes for him, he can easily be another top prospect after Nelson Oliveira. I just wish he played a bit more at Academica :/

Braga need to lose to Benfica, and then beat Porto! That would be just perfect.

Also. Mega hyped for tonights match... I just hope we're not out of the tie with a bad result tonight As long as we can still dream in the second leg, I'm happy... even if we do go out in the end...
Kevmeister
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Abiraleft)
I think clubs like Inter/Milan are waiting to see the outcome wrt City's deal with Etihad. If that goes unsanctioned, then I imagine Moratti and Berlusconi will use their contacts to get sponsorship deals.

Inter are pretty safe regarding FFP, as the piece says, due to older contracts being written off. But the cut in the wage bill will most likely be absorbed by transfer spending due to the pensioners retiring/being released.
ra-ra-ra
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by aa22)
Great goal by David Simao! His first one in the league isn't it? I have high hopes for him, he can easily be another top prospect after Nelson Oliveira. I just wish he played a bit more at Academica :/

Braga need to lose to Benfica, and then beat Porto! That would be just perfect.

Also. Mega hyped for tonights match... I just hope we're not out of the tie with a bad result tonight As long as we can still dream in the second leg, I'm happy... even if we do go out in the end...
He should have been sent out on loan at the start of the season, he would have got more out of it. You have few good young players in your squad and also a waste of a goalie with Mika too.

Ha that will probably happen. You'll break their unbeaten run, we'll lose to them and then Braga will continue to win the remaining games. In the end we'll finish 3rd, Braga 2nd and Benfica top. That would be a nightmare.

I think it's safe to say i know there is a match going on tonight. I come home to find my lounge covered in Benfica rubbish. Ergh. :closedeyes: A welcome back for Luiz and Ramires too and one of very few occasions that if Cardozo scores, i won't mind.
CB91
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by rainbow_kisses)
If Chelsea have imploded, don't know what word you want to use to describe Liverpool
Imploded?
R-KAM
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by CB91)
Imploded?
Supernova? :holmes:
Catilina
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Apoel Nikosia :yeah:

Edit: Did anyone else spot Mourinho's subtle attempt to influence the Ref ?
Deshi
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Next Inter manager?

I would say Capello but I don't know if his Milan links would stop him considering it. There's Villas-Boas as well.
Colonel.
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Blanc or Boas probably.
KingMessi
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hmm, both CL teams scored pretty much simultaneously...APOEL were doing so well. :erm:
Kevmeister
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think Spaletti could be in the running for the Inter job, as well those already mentioned.
TheInvincibles14
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The new manager has already been announced, Balotelli gatecrashed his first press conference: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17531205

His name is Andrea Stramaccioni, looking at his record it seems like a big risk from Inter.
Darth Vader 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Oh well, Apoel are done. It was refreshing to have a team like that in the CL.
Malevolent
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Apoel 0 shots Real Madrid 28 :l says it all really. It was a great run while it lasted.
Kevmeister
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by TheInvincibles14)
The new manager has already been announced, Balotelli gatecrashed his first press conference: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17531205

His name is Andrea Stramaccioni, looking at his record it seems like a big risk from Inter.
He has the job til the summer, hence why we're discussing the next manager. It was already posted that he got the job, btw.

And Balotelli is an idiotic troll. He never worked with Stramaccioni and has said he is a Milan fan, but gatecrashes the conference? Idiotic, attention seeking troll.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (200)
18.76%
No (648)
60.79%
Not really bothered about them (218)
20.45%

Watched Threads