Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fission_Mailed)
    All you do is ***** about PH. Methinks he doth protest too much.
    Haven't mentioned public health in ages :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    Haven't mentioned public health in ages :dontknow:
    Maybe it just happens to coincide with when I come online. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Karma's a *****. Ankle gave way going down the stairs to open the door. Badly sprained anterior talofibular ligament and crutches for me. I shan't excitedly tell internet people my awesome news again. Was looking forward to going to a day of Podmedics lectures tomorrow as well. Shall have to spend the day on bed with Kumar and Clark instead. Poo. :erm:

ReputationRep:
    FUUUUU. Last three servers I tried to play Black Ops on I got ****ing banned for "hacking". This almost makes me want to do my PBL.

Sigh.

ReputationRep:
    Had a really good night at the RSM specialty careers fair - it's a lot more meaningful at this point compared to earlier.

Also a certain UCL fourth year was printed in the Student BMA news survey thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RollerBall)
    FUUUUU. Last three servers I tried to play Black Ops on I got ****ing banned for "hacking". This almost makes me want to do my PBL.

Sigh.
    At least you can play Black Ops, Newcastle Network keeps this **** down. Steam is down as well, no Skyrim :mad:

I've actually been productive so far, it's annoying.

ReputationRep:
    Neuro :love:
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by Tech)
    I felt so stressed out around this time last year! Honestly though, it got a lot easier towards the end, just hang in there ... what module are you doing at the minute?
    I hope it gets easier. I've heard it gets worse though! Ah. We don't do modules really, we do scenarios so each one is about a different topic. We're doing breast cancer at the moment. I'm not finding it particularly hard it's just that that's so much of it to get through!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i'm no superman)
    Neuro :love:
    You starting to enjoy it more?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SabreT)
    Im guessing we'll have all 6 done by the end of the year. We went through the muscular Ach receptor today. And yes, we do learn that ACh binds to alpha subunits, our lecturer said that just today. But this stuff is incredibly detailed so luckily they cut it down. Still a lot of nonsense though.

If you weren't posting here i'd have thought that you were a biochemist. How on earth do you know about all this stuff?

perhaps, only 2 are clearly significant peripherally though so it depends how much CNS type things you do. are you sure its not just mentioned in passing though? it's medically useless to know such details, the only use is biochemically if you're looking very precisely at drug interactions with receptors.

haha it would be an insult to the biochemists to call me that :p: i really like molecular stuff like this, my knowledge of stuff like anatomy and such pays the price as a consequence

ReputationRep:
    This is probably my obsessive side coming out now but which sounds more finate for a clinical diagnosis probable or suspected? Im confused.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fairy spangles)
    This is probably my obsessive side coming out now but which sounds more finate for a clinical diagnosis probable or suspected? Im confused.
    Probable sounds more definite, that might be just me though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fusilero)
    At least you can play Black Ops, Newcastle Network keeps this **** down. Steam is down as well, no Skyrim :mad:

I've actually been productive so far, it's annoying.
    For real? **** son, they tried to block my 360 last year under some BS about ports or something and a "security" breach.

I just cloned my MAC address from my PC to my xbox 360 and they were none the wiser. I love when IT support are morons. I then made it my personal mission to get everybody elses console online in my halls.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when FPAS verification takes place-before or after deanery allocation? Want to get my stuff together in case I'm asked to do so if it's usually nearish now

ReputationRep:
    Probably a stupid question but when we apply for jobs in 5th year do we apply for the deaneries themselves then once allocated them apply for the specific sets of rotations? Or do we apply for sets of rotations straight away?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RollerBall)
    For real? **** son, they tried to block my 360 last year under some BS about ports or something and a "security" breach.

I just cloned my MAC address from my PC to my xbox 360 and they were none the wiser. I love when IT support are morons. I then made it my personal mission to get everybody elses console online in my halls.
    Ah, bloody ports are blocked so I can't do that - only got a PC anyway. I was trying to see if I could get a cheap 3G dongle today just so I can go online and install Skyrim but after an hour at PC World they couldn't get it working so I left empty handed.

On a more serious note, it's almost Christmas! At least if John Lewis is to believed.

ReputationRep:
    Skyrim - 57% downloaded.

Come at me bros.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fusilero)
    Ah, bloody ports are blocked so I can't do that - only got a PC anyway. I was trying to see if I could get a cheap 3G dongle today just so I can go online and install Skyrim but after an hour at PC World they couldn't get it working so I left empty handed.

On a more serious note, it's almost Christmas! At least if John Lewis is to believed.
    Can't you get a mate to DL it and stick it on a portable HDD? My girlfriends internet is VM cable so gets sick speeds so I get her to DL all my stuff and bring it over when she comes to visit. My internet in this house is balls.

Do you have a laptop? You could also bust it over to a public library and use their wifi to DL it. It might take a couple of hours though. Gives you an excuse to study though I guess.

Skyrim - 57% downloaded.

Come at me bros.
    I'm waiting untill the end of ths module before I give that a purchase. I've with the ambulance service for my SSC then so I should have plenty of time for gaming me thinks.

ReputationRep:
    Skyrim - 57% downloaded.

Come at me bros.
    envy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clarusblue)
    Probably a stupid question but when we apply for jobs in 5th year do we apply for the deaneries themselves then once allocated them apply for the specific sets of rotations? Or do we apply for sets of rotations straight away?
    Assuming it doesn't change dramatically time-wise, it basically goes:

October - apply for foundation schools.
    December - find out which (if any) foundation school you have been allocated to.
    December/January - rank jobs in your allocated foundation school in order of preference.
    February - find out which job you've been allocated to.

Hope that helps.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.