Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theJdog)
    I just realised how old I am and how fast time has flown. It feels like yesterday when I started year 7, and now I'm going to collect my GCSE results.
    OMG same! Don't you feel quite old now, it's scary how fast it's going

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theTalker25)
    choose what you enjoy more, I'll do physics a-level my best friend biology a level, bio freak loved the gcse can't wait for the a level. I LOOOOVED physics so I used to do more research spent more hours studying and I got very good grades (I think I did great in the gcse exam too). if u like something ull do well=FACT.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well biology to me is a bit easier that's why I do love it although it interests me but not to the extent of talking about plants and stuff. But for me I really do love physics but I have a fear for maths. well not really a fear as I am expected to get an a but do you get me? It's like what if I chose physics (which i am going to be stucked with for two years) and the language of mathematics might be too much for me not to get into top unis.. *sigh*

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Finally the day we've been waiting for..GCSE Results Day eeeek. In'sha'Allah everyone has done well and that you get amazing grades! Also don't worry if you don't get what you anticipated..you know that you've tried the best that you could and well done to you for your effort. Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go- William Feather

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qr95)
    i can show a picture if you want of my tent
    lol please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Millerman)
    fair enough, what are you expecting in your gcse results overall? like how many A* etc.
    I reckon I will get 10A*s out of 16 but whatever happens I should have between 6-13 A*s even if my worst case scenario is true.

I'm just thinking now about how much my heart will be racing as I open up that envelope, when it still beats rapidly at times when I get scared about my results at the moment.

Good Night TSR!I'm sure you are looking forward to seeing my results tomorrow.This will only be Good Night if I can actually sleep tonight considering the stress of the Results and the fact I've been going to sleep at 4am.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by techno836)
    Right I'm going bed now so best of luck to us and please feel free to PM about any concerns or worries tomorrow morning! :cool:
    Night!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikolaT)
    Oh, you're sitting OWLs? That's so cool. My admissions letter got lost (literally) so I had to go to a local school instead.
    Must have used Errol to send both yours and mine then... that owl is a nightmare.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SklIsMentalAbuse)
    Finally the day we've been waiting for..GCSE Results Day eeeek. In'sha'Allah everyone has done well and that you get amazing grades! Also don't worry if you don't get what you anticipated..you know that you've tried the best that you could and well done to you for your effort. Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go- William Feather
    hope you also do well In'sha'Allah

ReputationRep:
    Good luck guys! Don't worry too much! I thought I was going to do horribly for my GCSEs (particularly with Maths!) and I got 13 A-Cs! If you don't get the grades you want, remember nothing is as bad as it seems, and a lot of colleges offer resits whilst you sit your A Levels!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    I reckon I will get 10A*s out of 16 but whatever happens I should have between 6-13 A*s even if my worst case scenario is true.

I'm just thinking now about how much my heart will be racing as I open up that envelope, when it still beats rapidly at times when I get scared about my results at the moment.

Good Night TSR!I'm sure you are looking forward to seeing my results tomorrow.This will only be Good Night if I can actually sleep tonight considering the stress of the Results and the fact I've been going to sleep at 4am.
    do you go private school? or public?

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to bed; no way will I be able to sleep, mind. If I'm not on in the morning, good luck everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My sister isn't even bothered. Very unlike me during my wait for my A2's, I was having mini heart attacks.

Nah, she's just laughing and enjoying American dad right now.

Edit: maybe that's how she deals with stress. Yeah, that's probably it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Millerman)
    cheers, what about people who do like 16 and then others who only do 10. is that an advantage or not?
    Also doesn't make a difference, it's about the grades not the amount of them. I only did 10.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aasvogel)
    That's far too late! Get it over with early and enjoy the rest of the day.
    Exactly! And so I shall, me, my sister and my mum are going shopping in Derry , but my dads driving down to Dublin for work so he won't be there to celebrate

ReputationRep:
    so wheres the pic of tent looooool i knew it wasnt true

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ssc123)
    Thank you!
    No worries

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yellowcopter)
    Also doesn't make a difference, it's about the grades not the amount of them. I only did 10.
    also (sorry about keep asking) does it matter whether you go to a normal public school or a private/grammar etc school??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XXSimranXX)
    so wheres the pic of tent looooool i knew it wasnt true

Posted from TSR Mobile
    im still waiting for the pic too lmao

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to attempt to sleep now (doubt it will happen) haha so good night everyone and good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pathosL)
    im still waiting for the pic too lmao
    hahahah wheres it at, its probz being assembled right now looooool

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.