Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Try a few pages back otherwise I'll post/find it in a bit
    David Ornstein =/= Arsenal have openly stated they're not interested. -__-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Basiji)
    David Ornstein =/= Arsenal have openly stated they're not interested. -__-

But he's quite a reliable source. Up to you what you take from it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    Ewwwwww Vermaelen in DM is a no no.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    just a possibility if noone else is available and it means we don't have to sell him. he might lack a bit of positioning and concentration sometimes but i think wenger could teach him how to play there, just like he did arteta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesandwhat)
    just a possibility if noone else is available and it means we don't have to sell him. he might lack a bit of positioning and concentration sometimes but i think wenger could teach him how to play there, just like he did arteta
    He's been poor defensively this season (when he's been on) so putting him in CDM is even worse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    But he's quite a reliable source. Up to you what you take from it.
    It's not the club openly saying it though, is it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e aí rapaz)
    It's not the club openly saying it though, is it.
    Yes yes I get the point.

ReputationRep:
    I'm still banking on shenanigans, but Ornstein is pretty much gospel...

Picture it guys, Cesc lifting the Premier league trophy come mid may, in a chelski shirt.

I'm ****ing done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_91)

Picture it guys, Cesc lifting the Premier league trophy come mid may, in a chelski shirt.

I'm ****ing done.
    We'll make him Captain so he gets to lift it first...

Anyway Chelsea aren't going to win the league next season. Maybe FA cup. Top 2 isn't guaranteed either.

He'll also struggle in the CL. Ain't getting past the Semi final either unless Costa does a Drogba.

ReputationRep:

I'm ****ing done.
    Hoping they have some team implosion with Mourinho.

Could happen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    We'll make him Captain so he gets to lift it first...

Anyway Chelsea aren't going to win the league next season. Maybe FA cup. Top 2 isn't guaranteed either.

He'll also struggle in the CL. Ain't getting past the Semi final either unless Costa does a Drogba.
    Terry will do his girlfriend before he lets Cesc have the armband.

ReputationRep:
    Terry will do his girlfriend before he lets Cesc have the armband.
    Spoiler:
    Show

No hesitation.

ReputationRep:
    Lol this thread is too funny. It's summer guys just relax.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Lol this thread is too funny. It's summer guys just relax.
    Arsenal fans don't do relaxing.

Also, the only thing that will (somewhat) dampen the blow of Cesc going to Chelsea is us spending big on a DM like Martinez.

We should build my Fifa team (but without Suarez, obviously)

Suarez alt.
    Reus Ozil Walcott
    Martinez Ramsey

ReputationRep:
    If Fabregas goes to Chelsea, Wenger and the board have put an immense amount of pressure on themselves. Now they have to make sure they sign top quality players, and by that I mean players like Benzema, Cavani, Di Maria, Martinez, etc... which isn't going to happen.

ReputationRep:
    Would run around the house screaming if we ever got Reus

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Would run around the house screaming if we ever got Reus

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The transfer market is full of scraps at the moment. Not many world class players on the market that would come in and make a significant difference. That's why we should have snapped up Cesc when we got the opportunity.

I'm guessing we will end up with a second-tier striker, decent RB, adequate cup GK, Vela/Griezmann and an austerity defensive midfielder.

ReputationRep:
    What's happening with Mandzukic? should be all over him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_tom)
    The transfer market is full of scraps at the moment. Not many world class players on the market that would come in and make a significant difference. That's why we should have snapped up Cesc when we got the opportunity.

I'm guessing we will end up with a second-tier striker, decent RB, adequate cup GK, Vela/Griezmann and an austerity defensive midfielder.
    That's the great thing about cup year though. There will be loads of break out stars who will turn world class.

In the PL we'd only have to compete with UTD since Chelsea would already have Cesc and Costa
    City's team is almost perfect but they'd need a CB or so
    Liverpool are already making their signings but we're still probably the bigger attraction then they are

Madrid want Suarez otherwise also have a near perfect team but they'd need an Alonso replacement for the future, which happens to e the same position we are in for

A second tier striker wouldn't be so bad, as long as they are more clinical than giroud. We have enough creativity to score left right and centre tbh and with the addition of Griezeman that reduces even more responsibility from the striker.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    I thought I read something about him stating he was happy to stay at Bayern. Not too sure it was a while back

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    He's definitely leaving. Valued at about €30M from what I read but they're willing to listen to offers at around €20-25m. Haven't heard anything concrete about where he's going but Chelsea are favorites to sign him.

(Original post by AR_95)
    That's the great thing about cup year though. There will be loads of break out stars who will turn world class.

In the PL we'd only have to compete with UTD since Chelsea would already have Cesc and Costa
    City's team is almost perfect but they'd need a CB or so
    Liverpool are already making their signings but we're still probably the bigger attraction then they are

Madrid want Suarez otherwise also have a near perfect team but they'd need an Alonso replacement for the future, which happens to e the same position we are in for

A second tier striker wouldn't be so bad, as long as they are more clinical than giroud. We have enough creativity to score left right and centre tbh and with the addition of Griezeman that reduces even more responsibility from the striker.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Too many contingencies here. Our opportunity to get a world class striker/holding midfielder depends on a lot of other unlikely events. We will get replacements, but none at the level we need. Of course I could be wrong and Wenger & co. could pull an absolute rabbit out of the hat, but I'll reserve my optimism for now.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.