Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Interesting documentary

ReputationRep:
    Not really a documentary. More of a pro Israeli propoganda piece.

ReputationRep:
    Me and my friends stopped paying student union charges because they set up an anti-israel debate. Funny though, because they had to close 3 programs xxx

ReputationRep:
    God forbid anyone speaking out of ethnic cleansing of people from their lands. Maybe in 60 years time palestinians will be able to use tge victIm card and take over another nation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by golden tribe)
    God forbid anyone speaking out of ethnic cleansing of people from their lands. Maybe in 60 years time palestinians will be able to use tge victIm card and take over another nation
    Have I missed something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MatureStudent36)
    Have I missed something?
    the last 100 years

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ridwan12)
    the last 100 years
    I'm just finishing off the last 70 years with gas chambers, pan Arab nationalism and a desire to wipe a race of people off the face of the earth who seem to be able to fight better than all of its neighbours.

ReputationRep:
    Not really a documentary. More of a pro Israeli propoganda piece.
    It's a point-of-view, and it's one that is worthy of being heard. The extreme aggression of pro-Palestine agitators on campus is starting to take on anti-semitic and Islamist overtones.

ReputationRep:
    God forbid anyone speaking out of ethnic cleansing of people from their lands
    You are confused. The only people calling for ethnic cleansing are Palestinians who are demanding that not one Jew be allowed to live in the Levant.

On the other hand, over a million Arabs live peacefully in Israel-proper, with voting rights, full access to the welfare system, their own schools and local governments. In fact, Israeli Arabs have more rights than any other Arabs in the mid-east.

Maybe in 60 years time palestinians will be able to use tge victIm card and take over another nation
    It's hard to play the victim card when you reserve to yourself the right to provoke a more powerful entity whenever you want. Firing thousands of rockets at civilians =/= victim.

Also hard to play the victim card when you are turning a blind eye to honour killings, the murder of gay people, etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ExcitedPup)
    It's a point-of-view, and it's one that is worthy of being heard. The extreme aggression of pro-Palestine agitators on campus is starting to take on anti-semitic and Islamist overtones.
    Don't get me wrong. Given a choice of a westernise Israel or animal interfering Palestinian way of life, I'd promote Israel. Israel hasn't promoted suicide bombings or hijackings in the last forty years....they've also won fair fights .

ReputationRep:
    Don't get me wrong. Given a choice of a westernise Israel or animal interfering Palestinian way of life, I'd promote Israel. Israel hasn't promoted suicide bombings or hijackings in the last forty years....they've also won fair fights .
    I agree. Israel can hardly be blamed for the fact that the Arabs repeatedly resorted to violence, and then found to their dismay that the Israelis are bloody tough soldiers

ReputationRep:
    I'll take Israel over a Hamas ruled Palestine any day.

ReputationRep:
    I agree. Israel can hardly be blamed for the fact that the Arabs repeatedly resorted to violence, and then found to their dismay that the Israelis are bloody tough soldiers
    In the news again today. Nasty Israelis launch artillery strike in response to rocket attacks.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...-rocket-attack

ReputationRep:
    In the news again today. Nasty Israelis launch artillery strike in response to rocket attacks.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...-rocket-attack
    It's astonishing to me that leftists seem to think that Israel should just take it.

The fact that Israel pulled out of Gaza, and forcibly evicted its settlers, is the reason the conflict has become so violent. When they had a strong army presence and settlers, no group would have been able to wage that kind of campaign as Hamas has.

And they could also send in the army to enter particular neighbourhoods in the strip, quickly and in force, arrest a terrorist and egress just as quickly. Now that they no longer control that ground, the only way they can surprise a terrorist is from the air with a missile. The only way to retaliate quickly against a launch is to fire back

Israel did the right thing and pulled out of Gaza; its reward is being bombarded by thousands of rockets and then criticised by mindless leftists when they justifiably retaliate

ReputationRep:
    Well if jews can play victims and they kill gays and abuse children, so can palestinians
    Oh dear, the Nazi wants to speak.

ReputationRep:
    Starting? It's been going on a long time.

ReputationRep:
    Well, that's 30 minutes of my life I won't get back. Pretty blatant propaganda, little hint of even a nuance, and over the course of the video became just about everything it claimed to be against....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    As someone who is coming at this debate from a neutral point of view, I am neither Jewish, nor Muslim, I have no axe to grind and no reason to support either side.

Looking at the bare facts of the situation, I find it almost impossible to feel anything other than extreme sympathy for the Palestinian people.

Take out of the equation who might be right or wrong, in terms of Hamas, or the Israeli government, there are a group of innocent people who are being killed and are pawns in a disgusting battle in which I feel either side would willingly see the other obliterated off the map.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Huskaris)
    As someone who is coming at this debate from a neutral point of view, I am neither Jewish, nor Muslim, I have no axe to grind and no reason to support either side.

Looking at the bare facts of the situation, I find it almost impossible to feel anything other than extreme sympathy for the Palestinian people.

Take out of the equation who might be right or wrong, in terms of Hamas, or the Israeli government, there are a group of innocent people who are being killed and are pawns in a disgusting battle in which I feel either side would willingly see the other obliterated off the map.
    If you looked at a prison without any context, without any thought to right and wrong, you would come to the conclusion that the inmates are being terribly oppressed by the guards. That is why context is so important.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdvanceAndVanquish)
    If you looked at a prison without any context, without any thought to right and wrong, you would come to the conclusion that the inmates are being terribly oppressed by the guards. That is why context is so important.
    A prison with innocent children in it should be knocked down. Like I said, there is wrong on both sides, but there is a large population of poor, disenfranchised people, who are dying as a result of two groups of posturing morons.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.