(Original post by _Caz_)
    Good luck s2 sucks :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah thankyou, it actually wasn't too bad, hopeful for an A/B

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Finally got a new pair of glasses, everything's in HD now :daydreaming:
    I find it's a bittersweet feeling: I can see the world perfectly...but it also means I'm one step closer to being blind. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustaDreamer)
    I find it's a bittersweet feeling: I can see the world perfectly...but it also means I'm one step closer to being blind. :lol:
    Just wondering, do people after having laser eye surgery see as well as they do with glasses on?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Finally got a new pair of glasses, everything's in HD now :daydreaming:
    I love getting new contact lenses for this reason, HD AND peripheral vision

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Just wondering, do people after having laser eye surgery see as well as they do with glasses on?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My sister has had laser eye surgery and she says she can see everything perfectly. 20/20 vision:cool:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Tbh I'm not sure, but assuming that both glasses/contacts and laser eye surgery aim to correct vision to 20/20, then no. But being to lie down and see clearly simultaneously would be great

(Original post by rachelc142)
    I love getting new contact lenses for this reason, HD AND peripheral vision

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Might consider getting contacts so I don't have to act like an owl with all the head swiveling

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I'm not sure, but assuming that both glasses/contacts and laser eye surgery aim to correct vision to 20/20, then no. But being to lie down and see clearly simultaneously would be great

Might consider getting contacts so I don't have to act like an owl with all the head swiveling
    I presume my glasses are correct to 20/20 then... It's incredible how clear everything is! I can count the number of bricks on a building quite far away and without glasses it's like looking at a blur :lol: If you don't mind me asking, how severe is your myopia?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    I presume my glasses are correct to 20/20 then... It's incredible how clear everything is! I can count the number of bricks on a building quite far away and without glasses it's like looking at a blur :lol: If you don't mind me asking, how severe is your myopia?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha ikr, when I got glasses for the first time I was like 'Wow, I can actually see my friends' faces without looking like I've swallowed a lemon' Um it's about average, -1.75 and -2.25. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Haha ikr, when I got glasses for the first time I was like 'Wow, I can actually see my friends' faces without looking like I've swallowed a lemon' Um it's about average, -1.75 and -2.25. What about you?
    I have no idea what any of this means but...
    I don't have any numbers in the 'Near' row but in the 'Distance row':

Right:
    Sph -1.50
    Cyl -0.50
    Axis 165.0

Left:
    Sph -1.25
    Cyl -0.50
    Axis 170.0

ReputationRep:
    Has everyone got all of their offers?

ReputationRep:
    I'm -2.75 in both now D:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skill Twix)
    Got all of my replies in November but it was only 4 offers

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skill Twix)
    Nopeeeeeeeeeeeee

St Andrews left

ReputationRep:
    I've feel right about posting in here because I'm in year 14 (which is year 13 in England).

Anywho, hi!

ReputationRep:
    Ah thankyou, it actually wasn't too bad, hopeful for an A/B

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oo nice one! Glad it went well for you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crozibear96)
    I've feel right about posting in here because I'm in year 14 (which is year 13 in England).

Anywho, hi!
    Heyyyy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OhGod)
    Heyyyy!
    Heyyy, Oh God!

Spoiler:
    Show
    See what i did there? Did ya see? lel

Spoiler:
    Show
    Sorry, I'm in a really weird mood.

ReputationRep:
    I'm -2.75 in both now D:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's a pain. Myopia does tend to get worse as you grow so hopefully it should stabilise somepoint after you turn 20.
    But I'm not an expert guys

(Original post by Bude8)
    I have no idea what any of this means but...
    I don't have any numbers in the 'Near' row but in the 'Distance row':

Right:
    Sph -1.50
    Cyl -0.50
    Axis 165.0

Left:
    Sph -1.25
    Cyl -0.50
    Axis 170.0
    Sph is Sphere, the 'power' of your lenses (measured in diopters) needed to correct your vision. The larger the negative number, the more short-sighted you are. Likewise, from 0 onward the bigger the positive number the more long-sighted you are. That was my prescription I gave you from the top of my head so I'm not sure if it's right, but since my Spheres are larger neg numbers, you'll be pleased to know my eyesight's worse than yours lol.
    Cyl is Cylinder, also measured in diopters, which is how much astigmatism you have. Astigmatism is uneven focusing due to the cornea or lens not being a perfectly curved shape, so the light rays do not meet at one focus. Not all people have it, but it's quite common. (Including moi)
    Axis is just an angle that describes where the astigmatism is taking place. It's important as to how the lenses are placed in the frame.

ReputationRep:
    It's a pain. Myopia does tend to get worse as you grow so hopefully it should stabilise somepoint after you turn 20.
    But I'm not an expert guys

Sph is Sphere, the 'power' of your lenses (measured in diopters) needed to correct your vision. The larger the negative number, the more short-sighted you are. Likewise, from 0 onward the bigger the positive number the more long-sighted you are. That was my prescription I gave you from the top of my head so I'm not sure if it's right, but since my Spheres are larger neg numbers, you'll be pleased to know my eyesight's worse than yours lol.
    Cyl is Cylinder, also measured in diopters, which is how much astigmatism you have. Astigmatism is uneven focusing due to the cornea or lens not being a perfectly curved shape, so the light rays do not meet at one focus. Not all people have it, but it's quite common. (Including moi)
    Axis is just an angle that describes where the astigmatism is taking place. It's important as to how the lenses are placed in the frame.
    Ooh, that was really interesting, thanks! I've covered lenses in Physics recently but I'm not too big a fan of it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crozibear96)
    Heyyy, Oh God!

Spoiler:
    Show
    See what i did there? Did ya see? lel

Spoiler:
    Show
    Sorry, I'm in a really weird mood.
    You can say that again xD

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.