Turn on thread page Beta
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Murray is basically Scholes when he was still playing, he couldn't give a **** about all the media attention. Absolutely nothing wrong with that imo, if I was a world class athlete I would do the same. Would drive me crazy having paparazzi at my house and following me 24/7 just in the hope of making up some false story about me.

ReputationRep:
    This months gym challenge is the number of OHP reps of a 30kg barbell. Current record is 70. Reckon I'd be good for 35ish but don't want to embarrass myself. Not great with endurance.

ReputationRep:
    Need fastest way to cut, seeing as this summer I decided not to get a job so don't want to be sitting at home all day

Was thinking keto again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Need fastest way to cut, seeing as this summer I decided not to get a job so don't want to be sitting at home all day
    Was thinking keto again
    Just do running/cycling and count your calories on a rough scale. Literally google what you're eating and weighing your food is simple, if you eating a tin of beans find the weight on the tin. It'll have the calorie content there anyway.

It's actually pretty easy if you don't have a 9-5 to factor in.

I might try double sessions. I weighed at 81.4 earlier today. As at the start of my training(start of june) I was 84.5 I've done quite well. Especially since this week I've been on maintenance calories.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Just do running/cycling and count your calories on a rough scale.
    It's actually pretty easy if you don't have a 9-5 to factor in.

Yh I lost quite a bit of weight last summer, that stopped as soon as I started working

Problem is I'm use to eating large portions so need to find an easier way to cut down on that too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Yh I lost quite a bit of weight last summer, that stopped as soon as I started working
    Problem is I'm use to eating large portions so need to find an easier way to cut down on that too
    If it's that bad cut one meal a day. If your blood sugar levels spike like I do, then try eating light healthy snacks through the day.

When I need carbs for a decent length of time but need a quick sugar rush I have a flapjack, despite the high calorie content and small size you'll be surprised how long that can keep you going for. I eat cashew nuts as a snack(unsalted) while I drink low sugar energy drinks or things like Pepsi max.

Find out your basal metabolic rate. If you're losing more than 1kg a week it's unhealthy and you'll start to lose muscle as well as fat.

ReputationRep:
    Imagine watching the women over the Copa America final.

ReputationRep:
    If it's that bad cut one meal a day. If your blood sugar levels spike like I do, then try eating light healthy snacks through the day.
    When I need carbs for a decent length of time but need a quick sugar rush I have a flapjack, despite the high calorie content and small size you'll be surprised how long that can keep you going for. I eat cashew nuts as a snack(unsalted) while I drink low sugar energy drinks or things like Pepsi max.
    Find out your basal metabolic rate. If you're losing more than 1kg a week it's unhealthy and you'll start to lose muscle as well as fat.
    How do I find out my basal metabolic rate?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    How do I find out my basal metabolic rate?
    Google is your friend.

ReputationRep:
    Just do running/cycling and count your calories on a rough scale.

I might try double sessions.
    I would say these are the only two things that are a bit of an issue. You don't really need to do cardio to cut, you can have an effective cut on a diet just fine, and people will often find doing intense or long cardio will hurt their recovery. Seeing as when you're on a cut you might need to place emphasis on volume rather than just weight, recovery is an issue for some. Depends on the individual but if you find your cardio is leaving you coming up short when lifting, its better to sacrifice some calories though diet, and ensure you are recovered enough to get the volume in.

Might seem like a waste of money, but paying for some coaching, I think could actually be a good investment. If you take into account what percentage of people attempt and fail or never reach their goal, having a guide though it for your first cut, I think could serve you well if you're a committed lifter, especially if you've attempted a cut and failed before. So long as you don't pay though the nose or get a non specific meal plan with no support.

(Original post by little_wizard123)
    Imagine watching the women over the Copa America final.
    I must say media are pushing the WWC really hard. Coverage in relation to women's football interest is utterly disproportional.

ReputationRep:
    @Fizzel yeah I suppose - for most it's a hassle streaming it. But I can't see any proper football fan not watching this final (if I had a TV I would have he women's on in the background tbf)
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Was thinking keto again
    Literally about to start doing the same after I move house tomorrow, I'll be living 30 seconds away from a gym and there's loads of good places to go for a run by where I live so why not. Beats being stuck at home on my own :lol: I'm going on holiday in a month so that's a bit of motivation I guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fizzel)
    I would say these are the only two things that are a bit of an issue. You don't really need to do cardio to cut, you can have an effective cut on a diet just fine, and people will often find doing intense or long cardio will hurt their recovery. Seeing as when you're on a cut you might need to place emphasis on volume rather than just weight, recovery is an issue for some. Depends on the individual but if you find your cardio is leaving you coming up short when lifting, its better to sacrifice some calories though diet, and ensure you are recovered enough to get the volume in.
    Intense cardio only really hurts recovery if you haven't had the necessary calories through diet. I don't think AR is saying that he wants to cut in terms of a lifters perspective, but in the perspective of a guy trying to lose weight. Hence why he suggested the keto programme, which is probably the last thing you'd want to do if you're lifting, since you'll lose a lot of energy when getting rid of carbs in your diet which would affect your lift anyway. Plus if you're doing cardio and you afraid of destroying your lift just eat the excess calories you get from cardio. You get fitter, get to eat what you want and lose weight/burn fat in the process.

Plus for weight loss, what is the point of going through all that suffering when you can
    Might seem like a waste of money, but paying for some coaching, I think could actually be a good investment. If you take into account what percentage of people attempt and fail or never reach their goal, having a guide though it for your first cut, I think could serve you well if you're a committed lifter, especially if you've attempted a cut and failed before. So long as you don't pay though the nose or get a non specific meal plan with no support.
    True, coaching can always help, I had a gym buddy when I initially started lifting(on a bulk) who was a regular for years, I started cutting on my own and I find cuts aren't that hard, my metabolism is quite high so I have to eat a lot to really gain weight, so just cutting a little bit of food means I'm weighing less.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fizzel)
    I must say media are pushing the WWC really hard. Coverage in relation to women's football interest is utterly disproportional.
    it's just overcompensation man.
    with the "apparent" increase in popularity of Women's football, they're terrified of being labelled sexist by covering men's football so much more.

personally i feel like they went way too far - there should've been decent and equal coverage of both the WWC and Copa America rather than a stupidly large amount of the former and almost nothing of the latter.
    let's be honest, i would imagine people care more about the Copa America than the WWC - i know which i'd prefer the watch...

but that's just my opinion though - can't speak for everybody or make too many assumptions.

ReputationRep:
    I've quite liked the WWC tbf. Probably links in with my growing indifference towards top level football.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TornadoGR4)
    I've quite liked the WWC tbf. Probably links in with my growing indifference towards top level football.
    i think that just naturally comes with being a Leeds supporter...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    i think that just naturally comes with being a Leeds supporter...
    Too much simulation

ReputationRep:
    We've just taken the lead against Germany

ReputationRep:
    Simulation is a natural progression of football. When the benefits so massively outweigh the risks it will become more and more prevalent as efficiencies are exploited.

ReputationRep:
    Hungry man. Just want some chicken and chips.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.