Turn on thread page Beta
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Matisse)
    While I actively encourage immigration and can identify its benefits (especially in a city like London), I wouldn't want an island like Jersey to become a "little England". - The charm and beauty of such a place, I would have thought, would be in retaining its origins. To remain relatively untouched. Oh well, we opted for the flight next Friday from Gatwick, so I'll have the chance to see this place for myself soon.
    Those I know have often said I could be a good politician. :erm:
    I also think you would be a good politician :yep:
    And yes you're right, that's where Jersey's charm lies...the town is pretty modern (although still quite cute) but is nothing compared to the rest of the island...or what it was like when my dad was a child...and one particular property developer (grrrrr dandara) is set on buying up the entire island and building poor quality modern buildings on it...the more out of place and ugly the better it seems, and they're much richer than local firms, and cost a lot less because of their inferior workmanship...so people with lots of land and little money are always tempted, especially those with no real attachment to the island and it's history...plus they're best friends with someone in the states...so it's easy enough for them to build on green areas, even if noone else would be allowed...luckily most of the island's still itself so I hope your visit :yep: and despite my worries about the weather it's actually really nice...so maybe it'll hold out :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    I didn't have the inclination to leave London until now. :no:

Are you suggesting that my authority would be one of autocracy? :tongue:

I laughed at the last part, you're kind of 'noticeable', in what way? :giggle: - I suppose looking like a little white plush toy can have that effect. :hugs:
    some tourist you are

yup:erm: your massive vocabulary and piercing smile will scare small children :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kagutsuchi)
    Dancing guitar storm trooper > Thrusting storm trooper. :cute:

Hiya Eug. :hugs:
    lol this one? :laugh:

hey Kagu :hugs:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Aiko as a politician? :beard: Interesting. She'd certainly be better than the moose we have for PM at the moment. :erm:

Knowing Aiko, the funding for the arts and culture sector of London would dramatically increase in her term in office. :teeth: Anime viewing would be compulsory of course - One Piece to be exact. Heretics will be made an example of - gomu gomu punched into the Thames should do it. :yes: There'll be pirahnas in the water of course - courtesy of Kag, the Waste Commissioner/Defence Minister of England. :cute:
    Fortunately, London already has a vibrant arts and culture sector, arguably the best in the world, but I'd be inclined to expand the Royal Academy of the Arts beyond its current residence in Piccadilly. Anime would expectantly be shown on television, with the inclusion of an anime-styled mascot to represent London. However, that would be uncannily similar to Tokyo, which I'd rather avoid. :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    Fortunately, London already has a vibrant arts and culture sector, arguably the best in the world, but I'd be inclined to expand the Royal Academy of the Arts beyond its current residence in Piccadilly. Anime would expectantly be shown on television, with the inclusion of an anime-styled mascot to represent London. However, that would be uncannily similar to Tokyo, which I'd rather avoid. :tongue:
    And a whole 2 pages of the Metro dedicated to anime reviews of course. :yes:

What's wrong with being like Tokyo? I thought tokyo was awesome. :sad: Has anime lied to me yet again? :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eugenius 8)
    lol this one? :laugh:

hey Kagu :hugs:
    Hiya. :hugs:

And no - i'm talking about the one where he dancing to 'Don't say Lazy' in the streets of Japan. :giggle:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    yeah :tongue:

hey AIko :hugs: yeah ive been quite ill lately good thing i dont have work til Sunday lol yeah the gig was flipping amazing :coma: but it felt so short would love to go again :woo:
    Oh, I'm sorry to read that. Good thing you've managed to get some time off to recover. And yeah, the gig was amazing. Muse know how to pull off a good live performance. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone :hi:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    some tourist you are

yup:erm: your massive vocabulary and piercing smile will scare small children :afraid:
    Aiko's verbiage is certainly large and appropriately used. :teeth: Like a smooth melting chocolate bar to the ears. :coma: Or a fluffy kitten. Or a penguin! Penguins... hmmm... I was wondering if penguin meat tasted nice... then i remembered that I loved penguins and couldn't hurt one unless it touched my fish. :erm: Stupid thieves.

Yea, Aiko knows bare words blud.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
    Hi everyone :hi:
    Hi Alex. :hugs:

Gun blades or dual edged katanas?

ReputationRep:
    Hiya. :hugs:

And no - i'm talking about the one where he dancing to 'Don't say Lazy' in the streets of Japan. :giggle:
    really lol i must see this :vroam:

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I'm sorry to read that. Good thing you've managed to get some time off to recover. And yeah, the gig was amazing. Muse know how to pull off a good live performance. :yes:
    its ok, ah i forgot you went too glad you enjoyed it too :coma: :five:

ReputationRep:
    really lol i must see this :vroam:
    It's pure awesome. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Ok. I need to go back down now. My boss is being really hard and me even though he hasn't come to work for weeks and left me to do everything on my own he still insists on making me squeeze out all the juice out of his soap dispenser.

I'll leave you with that. Don't nosebleed too much.

ReputationRep:
    And a whole 2 pages of the Metro dedicated to anime reviews of course.

What's wrong with being like Tokyo? I thought tokyo was awesome. Has anime lied to me yet again?
    anime also says that stalking someone you like and breaking into their house when they're asleep is acceptable:s:

running late bye:vroam:

ReputationRep:
    Hi Alex. :hugs:

Gun blades or dual edged katanas?
    Dual edged katanas, definitely.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by skipp)
    I also think you would be a good politician :yep:
    Well, if there's anything working in advertising has taught me, it's how to give a good pitch. :tongue:

And yes you're right, that's where Jersey's charm lies...the town is pretty modern (although still quite cute) but is nothing compared to the rest of the island...or what it was like when my dad was a child...and one particular property developer (grrrrr dandara) is set on buying up the entire island and building poor quality modern buildings on it...the more out of place and ugly the better it seems, and they're much richer than local firms, and cost a lot less because of their inferior workmanship...so people with lots of land and little money are always tempted, especially those with no real attachment to the island and it's history...plus they're best friends with someone in the states...so it's easy enough for them to build on green areas, even if noone else would be allowed...luckily most of the island's still itself so I hope your visit :yep: and despite my worries about the weather it's actually really nice...so maybe it'll hold out :giggle:
    How unfortunate. You would have thought that the government would at least acknowledge preservation and ensure that property development is restricted. It's an absolute shame that an island, originally untarnished, is increasingly becoming more and more industrialised to satisfy money-grabbing developers.

(Original post by vin)
    some tourist you are
    I don't consider myself a tourist. :sad:

Like Margaret Thatcher? :erm: :tongue:

And a whole 2 pages of the Metro dedicated to anime reviews of course. :yes:
    Would be better than the celebrity tripe we're subjected to now. :sadnod:

What's wrong with being like Tokyo? I thought tokyo was awesome. :sad: Has anime lied to me yet again? :puppyeyes:
    There's nothing wrong with Tokyo, I just prefer London and wouldn't want to change its identity too much. :tongue: - Also, anime doesn't really portray or place prevalence on its setting. You never see any identifiable area of Tokyo, just outer residential areas, it seems. :tongue: - Shanghai is the closest city to Tokyo, in terms of style and atmosphere, that you've been to. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    anime also says that stalking someone you like and breaking into their house when they're asleep is acceptable:s:

running late bye:vroam:
    Groping and panty-theft too :mmm:

You get away with a little beating.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Aiko as a politician? :beard: Interesting. She'd certainly be better than the moose we have for PM at the moment. :erm:

Knowing Aiko, the funding for the arts and culture sector of London would dramatically increase in her term in office. :teeth: Anime viewing would be compulsory of course - One Piece to be exact. Heretics will be made an example of - gomu gomu punched into the Thames should do it. :yes: There'll be pirahnas in the water of course - courtesy of Kag, the Waste Commissioner/Defence Minister of England. :cute:
    Definitely :giggle: the man wasn't even voted in for goodness sake...so your prime minister makes big speeches about corrupt voting in the various middle-eastern countries that we're at war with...despite canceling a vote to see whether the country was happy having him as prime minister when he saw his popularity drop?
    And in terms of autocracy? Sometimes it's the only way to get things done :giggle: so long as the ruler is Aiko...and not Gordon Brown....Aiko would probably be much more efficient
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
    Dual edged katanas, definitely.
    :coma:

and yes Aiko, your advertising background would definitely help your campaign :yep:

Bye vin :wavey: that happens in twilight too...no wonder there's so much burglary :rofl:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.