The Playstation 3 Society III Watch

This discussion is closed.
badger-man
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Apparently Anonymous are currently attacking Sony's servers because of the legal action that Sony are taking against George Hotz (the guy who hacked the PS3).

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/115/1159776p1.html
Oh my Ms. Coffey
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by kuks)
That's a DNS error AFAIK. I think your wireless signal strength could be low. Or there's a DNS problem which shouldn't be the case if you've been able to sign in earlier.

Hope it helps
Its a brand new PS3. Strengths 100%

I used to have this error and it prevents me playing online.
kuks
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey)
Its a brand new PS3. Strengths 100%

I used to have this error and it prevents me playing online.
DNS error. Enter a manual IP and DNS. But its possibly just the server that has problems
Oh my Ms. Coffey
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by kuks)
DNS error. Enter a manual IP and DNS. But its possibly just the server that has problems
Its working now I got some values

4223 works
Oh my Ms. Coffey
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Does anyone know if I can get my old metal gear online account back? It had paid items on there and I lost the PS3
kuks
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey)
Does anyone know if I can get my old metal gear online account back? It had paid items on there and I lost the PS3
Account management and then purchases AFAIK. Or PS Store and recent downloads or something like that.
Oh my Ms. Coffey
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Illusionary)
Not sure about a 'deal' price, but I'm going to continue my campaign to convince people to pick up Mass Effect 2 :yes: That, or Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, which definitely needs to be played if you can.

Or just get both! :p:
I saw that at £20

I was tempted to buy fall out new vegas + red dead for something like £35 together
dhr90
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by badger-man)
Apparently Anonymous are currently attacking Sony's servers because of the legal action that Sony are taking against George Hotz (the guy who hacked the PS3).

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/115/1159776p1.html
Are these people all 14 years old? Generally the ones that cry if someone kills them or boost/hack and then complain when nobody stays in the lobby?

Doubtful I'll be on the PS3 much in the next 2-3 weeks. Sharing the TV with 4 other people means getting on in the evening is going to be just about impossible!
badger-man
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by dhr90)
Are these people all 14 years old? Generally the ones that cry if someone kills them or boost/hack and then complain when nobody stays in the lobby?

Doubtful I'll be on the PS3 much in the next 2-3 weeks. Sharing the TV with 4 other people means getting on in the evening is going to be just about impossible!
I think a lot of the people DDOSing Sony are people jumping on the bandwagon after Anonymous started defending Wikileaks and showing how powerful they can be. A few members of Anonymous are doing this because they believe Sony shouldn't be able to regulate what people do with a console that they legally own. I can sort of see their point but Sony also have to protect the rights of developers by ensuring that pirated and hacked games cannot be played on the console. It's a difficult debate but I don't agree with DDOSing Sony.
omicronlyrae
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Dammit. I have so many PS3 games on my wishlist. =(

EDIT: and some non-PS3 stuff =P
Ape Gone Insane
Badges: 15
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by omicronlyrae)
Dammit. I have so many PS3 games on my wishlist. =(

EDIT: and some non-PS3 stuff =P
Batman: Arkham City, The Last Guardian, Mass Effect 3 and Portal 2 need to be on that list too.
omicronlyrae
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
Batman: Arkham City, The Last Guardian, Mass Effect 3 and Portal 2 need to be on that list too.
Portal 2 will be PC.

Last guardian i forgot about, but I feel compelled to play & complete ICO and.. er.. shadows of the colossus(?) before playing it - if my memory serves, though maybe that's not what i should be linking. anyway.

Mass effect 3 I will probably get on my 360 (Don't hurt me!)

Batman AC I..probably need to play AA first?
Ape Gone Insane
Badges: 15
Report 7 years ago
Last guardian i forgot about, but I feel compelled to play & complete ICO and.. er.. shadows of the colossus(?) before playing it - if my memory serves, though maybe that's not what i should be linking. anyway.
Don't blame you, to be honest. Been very little hype and coverage of that game. On a positive note, there is a HD Ico and Shadow of the Colossus collection coming out on the PS3 soon! :yep:

Mass effect 3 I will probably get on my 360 (Don't hurt me!)
Uttering that word in a thread like this. Disgusting.

Batman AC I..probably need to play AA first?
:shock:

Yeah, you're missing out. Arkham Asylum is a great game!
omicronlyrae
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
Don't blame you, to be honest. Been very little hype and coverage of that game. On a positive note, there is a HD Ico and Shadow of the Colossus collection coming out on the PS3 soon! :yep:
Woo, i was right. Yeah, once I play ICO and SotC, then I'll look into last guardian. Spiritual sequel and all that.

Uttering that word in a thread like this. Disgusting.
Sorry =(

:shock:

Yeah, you're missing out. Arkham Asylum is a great game!
I know, I've just not had the money to get it.. The wishlist are the games I want the most, other games I'll add to it later. =P
?!master?!mini?!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Wtf is this crap!

I woke up this morning, put the ps3 on and a dns error pops up, bearing in mind that everything was fine yesterday evening!

Reset my router, modem and ps3, but to no avail!!!. I even tried to reset all the settings on the ps3!!!!! Grrrrr.

Ffs I was really looking forward to some killzone 3 after this long week >...>

Someone know how to get it up and running again?
spikeymike
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by ?!master?!mini?!)
Wtf is this crap!

I woke up this morning, put the ps3 on and a dns error pops up, bearing in mind that everything was fine yesterday evening!

Reset my router, modem and ps3, but to no avail!!!. I even tried to reset all the settings on the ps3!!!!! Grrrrr.

Is there an error code?
pinkpenguin
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Anyone played Star Ocean? Recommend? I need something to play post-Mass Effect and before LA Noire :awesome:
omicronlyrae
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Wtf is this crap!

Surely this is related to Anonymous attacking Sony, linked somewhere above?
?!master?!mini?!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Surely this is related to Anonymous attacking Sony, linked somewhere above?
I get a DNS error.

Anyway to get around this?

(Original post by spikeymike)
Is there an error code?

DNS error.
omicronlyrae
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I get a DNS error.

Anyway to get around this?
er..no.. =/ A DNS error means the connection problem is their end, because your PS3 can't connect via the names that it knows. That backs up what I said; it's not something you can do anything about, because it's not happening to you.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (169)
18.51%
No (556)
60.9%
Not really bothered about them (188)
20.59%

Watched Threads