Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What's the actual deal with NHS bursaries for GEP students? Anyone know? I've been hearing that I'm entitled to £4k next year?? I thought I got zilch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Syncope)
    Assuming it doesn't change dramatically time-wise, it basically goes:

October - apply for foundation schools.
    December - find out which (if any) foundation school you have been allocated to.
    December/January - rank jobs in your allocated foundation school in order of preference.
    February - find out which job you've been allocated to.

Hope that helps.
    Thanks for that

I find that quite odd, for most people I expect it's a good system but there'll be some people with a very specific career in mind who would work anywhere as long as they had a certain rotation. I find it a bit strange that people can't say that they'll go anywhere as long as they get a set job. I understand it's the best way to work the system for everyone though.

ReputationRep:
    It sucks not having my xbox with me on placement.

ReputationRep:
    I've decided to go without Skyrim, for now. Just finished Deus Ex, housemate bought MW3 yesterday and we're working through spec ops, then Arkham City and Uncharted 3 to get through when I go home for Xmas. I don't think my January modules need an RPG.

Also, bad times! Gaming rig is on the back burner for now because I need to buy a new iPhone.

ReputationRep:
    So, I stayed at the union/central for two hours to get a flatmate get home alright. I now spend the night alone while I lie in bed missing my girlfriend who lives X+ miles away.

Sigh. Rock on graduation <3 only many more years to go.

ReputationRep:
    Erm so tomorrow I have to do a 12 minute presentation on a journal entitled : A Randomized, Double-blind, Placebo-controlled Study of Tumor Necrosis Factor-a Blockade in Severe Persistent Asthma

I haven't even read it yet and the statistical analysis is a bit of a mofo. Im stressed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RollerBall)
    Sigh. Rock on graduation <3 only many more years to go.
    Totally with you there.

ReputationRep:
    How the **** do you turn down the graphics on skyrim? It automatically set it to medium on my PC and the fps is subsequently feeble. There are no advanced settings in the graphics tab.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    How the **** do you turn down the graphics on skyrim? It automatically set it to medium on my PC and the fps is subsequently feeble. There are no advanced settings in the graphics tab.
    Easy - check here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    Easy - check here.

ReputationRep:
    You have already rated a post by this user recently!

ReputationRep:
    That's some serious exopthalmos!

Tbh my thyroid would get racing at the sight of that beast of a computer too tbh

ReputationRep:
    Oh any suggestions as to what I should spend my £50 M&S voucher winnings on? I've not been there in a wihle...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)
    Oh any suggestions as to what I should spend my £50 M&amp;S voucher winnings on? I've not been there in a wihle...
    Something for your mum for Christmas? :dontknow:

The only thing I buy in M&S is food :drool:

ReputationRep:
    Oh any suggestions as to what I should spend my £50 M&amp;S voucher winnings on? I've not been there in a wihle...

(Original post by Becca-Sarah)

The only thing I buy in M&amp;S is food :drool:
    Do your big weekly food shop in M&S! Go mental!

ReputationRep:
    Here's a scary thought: the current crop of applicants were born in the mid-nineties.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fission_Mailed)
    Here's a scary thought: the current crop of applicants were born in the mid-nineties.
    I feel old now - when I was in Fresher's "I have love for you cos you were born in the eighties" was totally legit. Now .... :'(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca-Sarah)

The only thing I buy in M&S is food :drool:

(Original post by Fission_Mailed)
    Do your big weekly food shop in M&S! Go mental!

I was going say what am I gonna do with £50 worth of M&S food!!! Then realised that's probably a sandwich and a packet of crisps

ReputationRep:
    Any other guys (or ladies ) doing movember? I feel like an arabic clark gable at the minute

also, incredibly jealous of the skyrimming going on! last elder scrolls game I played was Morrowind

ReputationRep:
    I was going say what am I gonna do with £50 worth of M&amp;S food!!! Then realised that's probably a sandwich and a packet of crisps
    Nah you could get a proper luxury week of food... or a year's supply of percy pigs.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.