Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The grade boundaries are out on AQA and probably OCR but not on Edexcel, man the majority of my subjects are on that board only economics is the odd one out, but you guys may have already been checking for 9 hours straight
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    its fine, ill settle with an A was being a bit optimistic considering OCR's rapidly high GB's on units 1 and 2
    Fair enough, seeing the boundaries has made me hopeful about Biology

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krishkmistry)
    normally june papers have higher boundaries than jan's paper so it's understandable,but for a paper of that standard,i expected a 47-49 boundary!
    I have to disagree with you on this. Most papers have higher boundaries in January, as many centres chose not to do January modules, meaning it tends to be the more able students who take them in Jan, thus pushing boundaries up. Also, January is full of retake students, and students tend to do better on retakes, thus pushing up boundaries. My first point is definitely true for maths. FP1 for example, 69 for an A in Jan 2012, 61 for an A June 2012. From what I've seen is this seems to happen in most exams. There are a few exceptions, but I would definitely disagree that June has mostly higher boundaries.

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have access to the OCR chemistry A F324 and F325 mark scheme?

ReputationRep:
    Ah screw this man

ReputationRep:
    I only need to find the Extended Project grade boundaries now. I hope they haven't changed them this year. I'm on Edexcel.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Simog)
    I have to disagree with you on this. Most papers have higher boundaries in January, as many centres chose not to do January modules, meaning it tends to be the more able students who take them in Jan, thus pushing boundaries up. Also, January is full of retake students, and students tend to do better on retakes, thus pushing up boundaries. My first point is definitely true for maths. FP1 for example, 69 for an A in Jan 2012, 61 for an A June 2012. From what I've seen is this seems to happen in most exams. There are a few exceptions, but I would definitely disagree that June has mostly higher boundaries.
    Maths is a bit different as you have the further maths kids doing the maths modules in Jan!

ReputationRep:
    Okay,this is what i think,if the pass rate's,A/A* increased nationally tomorrow,then we've all done better than we expected.High grade boundaries mean we've done well as a country,so don't be worried yet,mark schemes may be lenient this year - who knows - we've probably done better than we personally expected

ReputationRep:
    we spoke yesterday,but these are high,i expected 75,most people in my college found that exam solid.I though it was easy,but the next minute i thought it was hard so erm,i think i've lost a bit of hope but i'm quietly confident that the mark scheme was lenient and i've got my A,how about you ?
    I have to admit that I found the exam quite easy, but I was praying for low grade boundaries seen as I need 135 UMS. I can understand how some people found it hard though - it was easy to slip up on the longer questions if you didn't spend long enough on them, so I thought the grade boundaries would be lower because of that. I don't really know what to think though, just have to wait and see. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Keeping busy today but probably won't sleep tonight. After seeing those photography grade boundaries I am in a complete panic mode HELP!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Where is everyone finding the grade boundaries? Just on the websites? I'm trying to find AQA and Edexcel!

ReputationRep:
    waiting for edexcel ...

ReputationRep:
    Okay,this is what i think,if the pass rate's,A/A* increased nationally tomorrow,then we've all done better than we expected.High grade boundaries mean we've done well as a country,so don't be worried yet,mark schemes may be lenient this year - who knows - we've probably done better than we personally expected
    They are trying to tackle grade inflation, I doubt that the rate of A/A*'s will automatically increase

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by epiphany)
    Here you go!
    Thanks a million!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melissa.S.)
    Where is everyone finding the grade boundaries? Just on the websites? I'm trying to find AQA and Edexcel!
    http://store.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pd...-JUNE-2013.PDF Edexcel hasn't released theirs yet.

ReputationRep:
    Edexcel is the only one I want to see and they're the ones which haven't been released yet. Typical

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wa 007)
    Quick Question

If it says 67.5 is 90 ums does that round up to 68 or stay at 67??
    68 :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lost all faith after seeing f322 and f325 boundaries...only a miracle will get me into my firm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    They are trying to tackle grade inflation, I doubt that the rate of A/A*'s will automatically increase
    At the expense of our hopes and dreams

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know what time edexcel results plus(online results) are released??? 6am tomorrow??

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.