Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    Falcao banging in the goals again. Why did he waste himself by going France?! I know the money is a lot but still - he could have been playing for a serious team, though Monaco will be that again soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    getting to be insanely rich in a beautiful tax haven.. doesnt sound to bad, especially as if the investment continues (and they find a way round FFP) he will be back in the CL soon enough..

Good few years break enjoying himself though first

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sure Falcao's deal to Monaco had more to do with complex third-party ownership deals than his own personal preference. Much like Hulk, who already wants to leave Zenit.

ReputationRep:
    in todays game, what would you say was the area of the pitch, arsenal most need to improve?

ReputationRep:
    So Dempsey off to go and play in a glorified conference league.

Can't believe I got into a genuine debate with people on here this time last year about what a terrible signing he would be.

(Original post by fallen_acorns)
    in todays game, what would you say was the area of the pitch, arsenal most need to improve?
    DGAF about what happened in todays' game. Just sign a someone that realistically will have a good go at getting 30 league goals. Another centre half and a center mid will be a bonus but not too fused about that.

ReputationRep:
    Cesar, Ginter, Capoue/Gustavo, LW and Suarez

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Cesar, Ginter, Capoue/Gustavo, LW and Suarez
    What's the obsession with Cesar? He's not a step up from Szczesny as you can see from the complete lack of clubs looking to sign him. Guess its because he's Brazilian... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    What's the obsession with Cesar? He's not a step up from Szczesny as you can see from the complete lack of clubs looking to sign him. Guess its because he's Brazilian... :rolleyes:
    I think most people look at Cesar, not as a replacement for szczesny, - but rather both a bit of competition, and an older player with experiance to help him along... - if Cesar was to be at arsenal for 2 seasons or so, by time time he leaves id say szczesny would be a much better and more rounded keeper

ReputationRep:
    Add Capoue to that list as well. I don't get people.

Inb4, he's a French international. When was the last time he played for them. There's a reason why he's likely to end up at Cardiff despite whoring himself to Atletico.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, the reasons why I choose him is because he has experience at the highest level, Shot stopping is excellent, distribution is very good which is key to an Arsenal team. Szczesny has the ability but needs to sort his mentality and goalkeeping intelligence, he isn't learning anything from Gerry Peyton so Cesar as a mentor will only help him in the long run. He is a step up from Szczesny and that's been proven in his record. So what if other clubs aren't chasing him. Most top clubs have solid number 1's.

Plus he's a bargain compared to other keepers around the same ability, the fact that he's Brazilian has got nothing to do with it. He's proven quality and would improve out team

ReputationRep:
    So Brendan Rodgers reckons that Suarez is now worth £100m. Well, Brendan: no he's not. I am going to write him a short economics lecture explaining that while Bale may cost £100m and Suarez £50m, that does not mean he is necessarily "100% better" as he said. S'not how it works, chief. He's doing my head in now.

That change of direction rosicky pulled off to fool the napoli player was beastly. A very classy player whos potential will never be truly realised.

ReputationRep:
    What separates bale from suarez in football ability? They literally had the same key stat figure.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheEssence)
    That change of direction rosicky pulled off to fool the napoli player was beastly. A very classy player whos potential will never be truly realised.
    Indeed. Pivotal player for us this season - an injury-free Rosicky is BIG. As a footballer, more gifted than most.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxxKINGxxx)
    What separates bale from suarez in football ability? They literally had the same key stat figure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    bale is younger..

Less controersial - doesnt get banned for 10 games.. doesnt come with all of the hassle that you get with suarez..

Bale achieves a great number of goals from midfield, compared to suarez from upfront..

etc.

In pure footballing terms there isnt much in it.. - but in context of them as people, and members of a team.. bale is a much better prospect.

ReputationRep:
    As footballers, I prefer Suarez to Bale. Said the same months ago on here.

ReputationRep:
    bale is younger..

Less controersial - doesnt get banned for 10 games.. doesnt come with all of the hassle that you get with suarez..

Bale achieves a great number of goals from midfield, compared to suarez from upfront..

etc.

In pure footballing terms there isnt much in it.. - but in context of them as people, and members of a team.. bale is a much better prospect.
    That makes him 30m more? You could buy suarez + navas for that which I think is better.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    As footballers, I prefer Suarez to Bale. Said the same months ago on here.
    You're a big supporter of Suarez I've noticed :holmes:

Bale and Suarez are neither worth 100m so just put an end to that, If Madrid are really dumb enough to pay 100m for Bale then I'd would ferry him personally myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    You're a big supporter of Suarez I've noticed :holmes:

Bale and Suarez are neither worth 100m so just put an end to that, If Madrid are really dumb enough to pay 100m for Bale then I'd would ferry him personally myself.
    Not sure where 100m has come from. First it was 60m then 80m and now 105m so I think the tabloids have just seen that people will swallow anything and just pulled a figure from nowhere. Realistically he'd go for 60m, which I think is too much as well.

Yeah I'm a huge fan of Suarez. Probably because I saw him play live even before he came to England and he's one of those players you underestimate until you watch him for 90 minutes running and probing. So technically brilliant to watch as well and capable of creating his own chances. So very hopeful we get him, but doubtful Wenger will go too close to 50m.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure where 100m has come from. First it was 60m then 80m and now 105m so I think the tabloids have just seen that people will swallow anything. Realistically he'd go for 60m, which I think is too much as well.

Yeah I'm a huge fan of Suarez. Probably because I saw him play live even before he came to England and he's one of those players you underestimate until you watch him for 90 minutes running and probing. Lovely to watch. So very hopeful we get him, but doubtful Wenger will go too close to 50m.
    Yeah 100m would be way too outrageous hell even 60 seems like too much but its Madrid they piss money out.

Reminds me of when I saw Tevez before he was being a **** for City haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Yeah 100m would be way too outrageous hell even 60 seems like too much but its Madrid they piss money out.

Reminds me of when I saw Tevez before he was being a **** for City haha.

Yeah Tevez is another one like that, slightly inferior to Suarez though. But still one of the most impressive players Ive seen live, doesnt look the same on TV. Juventus got a bargain with him.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.