Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    I thought I read something about him stating he was happy to stay at Bayern. Not too sure it was a while back

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No, he's definitely gone, cleared out his locker and everything.

We wont find a better available striker than Mandzukic, we should just do it and be done with it. Move onto the next position then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_tom)
    He's definitely leaving. Valued at about €30M from what I read but they're willing to listen to offers at around €20-25m. Haven't heard anything concrete about where he's going but Chelsea are favorites to sign him.

Too many contingencies here. Our opportunity to get a world class striker/holding midfielder depends on a lot of other unlikely events. We will get replacements, but none at the level we need. Of course I could be wrong and Wenger & co. could pull an absolute rabbit out of the hat, but I'll reserve my optimism for now.
    Would be easier for us to go in for Mandzukic if Chelsea have Costa.

Tbh the only reason I'm keeping calm is because I'm expecting a rabbit out of a hat later on

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    No, he's definitely gone, cleared out his locker and everything.

We wont find a better available striker than Mandzukic, we should just do it and be done with it. Move onto the next position then.
    Yeah best option for now but part of me still hopes Wenger does some magic on Ballotelli :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Would be easier for us to go in for Mandzukic if Chelsea have Costa.

Tbh the only reason I'm keeping calm is because I'm expecting a rabbit out of a hat later on

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Mandzukic is only a slight upgrade over Giroud. We need a different sort of striker. Someone who make off the ball runs and get in behind defenses.

ReputationRep:
    End of the day, our transfer policy is well out of date at this stage.

Got to give it to Chelsea, they know which players they need and they go out and get them, early and with no excuses. Cant put it down to financial limitations any more as we can afford every player they're going for and more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DDan123)
    Mandzukic is only a slight upgrade over Giroud. We need a different sort of striker. Someone who make off the ball runs and get in behind defenses.
    Yea but who?

I can head into Costcutter tomorrow looking for lobster but if it aint on the shelf then I'll have to take what I can find. Mandzukic really is the cream of the available strikers imo, talking about Cavani etc is just a fantasy.

Wouldnt mind a cheeky bid for Dzeko but he's well in with Pelligrini so no real chance unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DDan123)
    Mandzukic is a bit more than a slight upgrade tbh. If we sign Griezeman than him plus Walcott will offer plenty of attacking potential whilst Mandzukic can offer much more of a physical threat than Giroud has

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ehh it's criminal that a player of Dzekos quality is only a back up

He could be a star at Arsenal. 20+ at least

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't mind Mandzukic at all, ultimately we need somebody to take the load off Giroud more than a plan B type striker. Would love to see us get a new LW but not sure if we will, wonder how Ox would do on the left though...

ReputationRep:
    Imagine if Fabregas returned, how true do you think the rumours are?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Things you learn about football:

1. The ball is the round thing.
    2. The goals are the white sticks at each end.
    3. You don't sign players based on World Cup performances.

Can't believe it's actually being suggested, worst comment in here since 'Oh there's a difference between fullbacks and centrebacks?'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Panthalic)
    Things you learn about football:

1. The ball is the round thing.
    2. The goals are the white sticks at each end.
    3. You don't sign players based on World Cup performances.

Can't believe it's actually being suggested, worst comment in here since 'Oh there's a difference between fullbacks and centrebacks?'
    Right so based on this statement Ozil should have never been signed by Madrid.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do we really have to go through the list of flops signed on the back of a good international tournament?

And yes, if Real had signed Ozil purely on WC form, they'd have been absolutely cracked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ozil wasn't signed on World Cup performances......

ReputationRep:
    Alright I take it back then

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Lol this thread is too funny. It's summer guys just relax.
    Lol were Arsenal fans do you expect. Three weeks ago we were happy as hell, everyone's back to normal I guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No, he had a fantastic 2009/10 season, Iirc he scored 9 goals in 30 odd games and had 33 assists that season in all matches.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samiz20891)
    No, he had a fantastic 2009/10 season, Iirc he scored 9 goals in 30 odd games and had 33 assists that season in all matches.
    You trying to tell me that you didnt just look that up? :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    man, would do anything to stop Barcelona selling Cesc to Chelsea. would literally dedicate the next 5 years of my life travelling bare-foot to the Camp Nou and sucking Luis Enrique's left testicle 8 hours a day if it ****ing stopped him from going there, all while Xavi, Iniesta and co. take turns to ejaculate on my face. dunno how I'm going to feel when he actually signs the contract

ReputationRep:
    If you'd told me on the night that we beat Barca 2-1 in 2011 that within 3 years RVP would end up at Utd, Nasri, Clichy and Sagna at City, Song at Barca and Cesc at Chelsea I would genuinely have assumed that Arsenal had gone into administration or something.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.