Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trista9855)
    Nothing has come yet, me and my classmates are still waiting for the info, too. Hope they will start tomorrow. Btw which major have you applied??
    I've applied to study History, how about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PasserbyA)
    Sup, you're applying to Merton too?
    Yeah. PPE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PlaneovertheSea)
    Yeah. PPE
    Nice, I'm applying for E&M at Merton so needless to say I haven't gotten anything. I think now that quite a lot of colleges have sent a large number of interviews those from colleges which have not sent anything (like Merton) are coming out of the woodwork.

ReputationRep:
    Nice, I'm applying for E&M at Merton so needless to say I haven't gotten anything. I think now that quite a lot of colleges have sent a large number of interviews those from colleges which have not sent anything (like Merton) are coming out of the woodwork.
    Actually I think that Merton will send something today and I am incredibly nervous.

ReputationRep:
    Actually I think that Merton will send something today and I am incredibly nervous.
    Me too, and it doesn't help that I'm an international student whose timezone is such that 5pm in the UK is 1am here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IzzySaskia)
    Oh right, History and English for me To be honest, based on my mediocre feeling performance in the HAT I'm not holding out a whole load of hope.
    I know I completely messed up any chance I had because Of the HAT so I'm just waiting for my rejection & I just want it over and done with

ReputationRep:
    If I get rejected for History and Politics at Oxford I'll take my Government offer from LSE, go there, try and get a 1st and apply to do the MPhil in Politics (Comparative Government) at Oxford. I'm going to work on the assumption that I will be rejected, that way Oxford cannot disappoint my expectations, only fulfil or exceed them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonwithnoname)
    Thank you, thank you very much

Yeah, at two colleges (Mansfield and Trinity, respectively)...they just kept scheduling them I think :' The sheer number was also because it was a joint honours subject (Philosophy and Theology), this time should be a little less arduous as it's only the one subject (English)
    Ahh right. Yeah hopefully! What college have you applied to this year?

ReputationRep:
    Me too, and it doesn't help that I'm an international student whose timezone is such that 5pm in the UK is 1am here.
    That sounds utterly horrific.
    Luckily I am only an hour behind.
    Keep going strong

ReputationRep:
    That sounds utterly horrific.
    Luckily I am only an hour behind.
    Keep going strong
    heh, it's alright. I'm quite free, but it's a pain to wait and know that for the first 7-8 hours of your day the UK isn't even up yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mechanism)
    Ahh right. Yeah hopefully! What college have you applied to this year?
    Brasenose, which (based on the admittedly small sample size of TSR) seems to be hopelessly oversubscribed this year as usual :')
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by MaxReid)
    If I get rejected for History and Politics at Oxford I'll take my Government offer from LSE, go there, try and get a 1st and apply to do the MPhil in Politics (Comparative Government) at Oxford. I'm going to work on the assumption that I will be rejected, that way Oxford cannot disappoint my expectations, only fulfil or exceed them.
    Exactly my thoughts mate, good luck for the rest of the wait.

Also, LSE is top notch mate, I wouldn't worry about any doors being closed by going there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I just got an interview invitation for History and Politics from Keble. It came by letter, which I think is the norm for that college. I hope that everyone who hasn't heard yet receives interviews and that it is not too nerve-racking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Exactly my thoughts mate, good luck for the rest of the wait.

Also, LSE is top notch mate, I wouldn't worry about any doors being closed by going there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I applied to Oxford mainly due to the prestige tbh. The MPhil I mentioned would be closer to my interests tbh.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by FutureOxford3)
    Can you link me to where it says what invitations for what subject are sent out?
    I cant find it. Thank you.
    We contact applicants individually so this information is not online.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard back from Exeter College yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrasenoseAdm)
    We contact applicants individually so this information is not online.
    Hi just wondering if you have any idea when physics applicants will hear back, next week ?

ReputationRep:
    Now has anyone heard back from Trinity? I'm curious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fredseagulls)
    I just got an interview invitation for History and Politics from Keble. It came by letter, which I think is the norm for that college. I hope that everyone who hasn't heard yet receives interviews and that it is not too nerve-racking.
    Congratulations, that's great! I'm waiting to hear back from Magdalen for the same course :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    A History and Politics applicant has heard back! That's awesome! Maybe I'll hear back today!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.