Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The.Joker)
    If you don't have anything good to say then **** off. People died at this tragic event and it could have had happened at any other football club. Not to mention Liverpool fans and those who died where unfairly blamed by the authorities who instead of coming clean they tried to cover it up.
    Hundreds of innocent lives in Africa are lost every week to War Lordism and famine

#WhiteLivesMatter
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    People care about something that happens in their own country as opposed to a country 4,000 miles away shock horror
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Also, worth remembering that while he's seen as a comedic or bumbling figure, Boris Johnson is a dangerous man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeFoUr)
    You either campaign for all of them, or you stay silent on both.
    No, you campaign/take notice of whatever you want to. In this case, the 27 year period is more applicable as a period of a fight to clear the people of Liverpool's names, and hold to account those that actually murdered them, rather than a mourning period.

There's 7 billion people on Earth. A million die every week. We can't mourn or fight for all of them. If there is a cause that's more applicable to you as a person then feel free to 'shove it down our throats', nobody is stopping you (and many people do raise coverage of their chosen tragedies). There are plenty on a bigger scale than Hboro, but you, me and everyone else on Earth have the clear and total right to care for whatever you want to. As explained in the spoiler above, widespread media coverage only exists for a reason; demand, readership, and money. If you aren't one of the ones interested in a news story where, negligent ********s at best, and criminal murderers at worst, killed 96 football fans then feel free to not read it, or contact a media outlet to tell them that you are disinterested by their coverage. As it happens, plenty do care about it, and who are you to stop them?

If you want to debate whether it's morally acceptable to care about the deaths of these fans as opposed to thousands in the Rohingya genocide currently or those wantonly murdered in Mexico every day or those in the Middle East, or opposed to any tragedy of any scale in human history, you can make your own thread about that and see what responses you get. I suspect the overwhelming answer will be that it's human nature, and morally acceptable and defensible, to care more about causes close to your heart than those which have no connection to you. If Liverpool fans want to take on this tragedy as something close to their heart, then that's their entitlement.

As it is, nobody around Hillsborough has ever enjoyed or desired press coverage other than to expose the injustices carried out on them and to clear their names.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Summer Sixteeen)
    wantonly
    mirin vocabulary

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirly)
    mirin vocabulary
    damn it won't let me post images

search Malfoy I didn't know you could read

ReputationRep:
    damn it won't let me post images

search Malfoy I didn't know you could read
    thoughts on how Birdman pulled up on the Breakfast Club ?

ReputationRep:
    Far more importantly, who's dupe is Summer Sixteen? Odds on lucio

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Far more importantly, who's dupe is Summer Sixteen? Odds on lucio
    It's SuG/pimped butterfly/other dupes he has had.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Lool, what ******** reported my post? Can't you gimps accept people might have different opinion to you and not want to see a bunch of scousers whinging and moaning in the news every 3 months?

AWFUL modding, really awful. Could the mod who deleted my post please explain which rule it broke?
    No idea but it was car crash shitpost that a year 2 could sit down and deconstruct
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Let this be the end of it: today a jury confirmed that Liverpool supporters were the victims, and it was never their fault.

Now cease with the one-upmanship, Munich and Hillsborough chants, and all the other things which makes the establishment stronger and the victims weaker.

ReputationRep:
    It's not 100% the police's fault. That's why the ambulance service, Sheffield United, and their engineers are also going to be prosecuted.
    Wednesday pal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    Wednesday pal
    'No idea but it was car crash shitpost that a year 2 could sit down and deconstruct'

was talking bout u pal

ReputationRep:
    Kelvin MacKenzie is a top notch c*nt

ReputationRep:
    SMH at the people who are so misinformed. Pathetic really. The reason why its been such a big deal is for so long the Liverpool fans were the ones who were blamed, they had their names tarred and trashed that it was their fault when it was never theirs. I watched the game and it was something i'll never forget.

ReputationRep:
    Yh I dunno why Leinads post was reported but that chant post was bang out of order, he said he feels for the families but when you come out with **** like that then you don't feel anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    Yh I dunno why Leinads post was reported but that chant post was bang out of order.
    I didn't report it but honestly who cares if it was. Its clear that him and a few other people are trying to get a reaction out of people. Pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    I didn't report it but honestly who cares if it was. Its clear that him and a few other people are trying to get a reaction out of people. Pathetic.
    I honestly just think its another episode of #WhiteLivesMatter tbh

ReputationRep:
    In other news.... grass is green
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    No mention of today's Hillsbroough story in the Times and S*N front page.

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.