ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!

My results:
    VR 530
    AR 610
    QR 630
    SJ band 1
    Overall 1760

Just wondering if I have any hope of getting into universities and if so where would people suggest. Did anyone get accepted on a score similar to this ? 😟

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenigma)
    Ah that's awesome. I'm in second year. Are you doing BMAT also?
    do you understand last years prelim scores????
    how is 2160 the 9th

http://www.ukcat.ac.uk/App_Media/upl...s%20150916.pdf

that makes an avg score of 540??
    or am i being silly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lostperson)
    i don't know rn..cause i have 700 on the ukcat?
    Im not sure that is even enough to apply... but ill be applying to a mix of 4 and 5 year
    u?
    I haven't decided 4 or 5-year actually, might do mix too. 700 is a good score but you'll have to go for the unis who don't look at it much, purely because I think they would expect more from graduate (this is just my opinion/gut feeling though, no evidence as of yet except for NCL).

(Original post by Lostperson)
    do you understand last years prelim scores????
    how is 2160 the 9th

http://www.ukcat.ac.uk/App_Media/upl...s%20150916.pdf

that makes an avg score of 540??
    or am i being silly?
    Figures for 2015 do not include Decision Making/Analysis scores, so it's 2160/3 = 720

ReputationRep:
    I haven't decided 4 or 5-year actually, might do mix too. 700 is a good score but you'll have to go for the unis who don't look at it much, purely because I think they would expect more from graduate (this is just my opinion/gut feeling though, no evidence as of yet except for NCL).

Figures for 2015 do not include Decision Making/Analysis scores, so it's 2160/3 = 720
    ah im so silly
    how did u do in the ukcat?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Climars)
    Hi guys!

My results:
    VR 530
    AR 610
    QR 630
    SJ band 1
    Overall 1760

Just wondering if I have any hope of getting into universities and if so where would people suggest. Did anyone get accepted on a score similar to this ? 😟
    Try BMAT? UKCAT isn't so bad this year so I doubt cut-offs will be low.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThrowawayMike)
    I'm going to bed. I'll post a report on my UKCAT tomorrow.

My test is at 08:00 so I'll be finished by 10:00 at the latest. Then there'll be an indeterminate amount of time between me getting my results and me actually plucking up the courage to pull the report out of the envelope.

And then look at it.

Thanks for all of the advice.
    They will give it to you on a piece of A4 paper. If they're decent people, they'll fold it up just past halfway point so you can unfold whenever you feel like you can.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenigma;[url="tel:67876110")
    67876110[/url]]Try BMAT? UKCAT isn't so bad this year so I doubt cut-offs will be low.
    What do you mean by isn't so bad this year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Climars)
    What do you mean by isn't so bad this year?
    I think last year or the year before, many people had problems with it or found it too hard or something so scores and cut-offs were very low. I doubt that is going to happen this year but I may be wrong.

ReputationRep:
    I think last year or the year before, many people had problems with it or found it too hard or something so scores and cut-offs were very low. I doubt that is going to happen this year but I may be wrong.
    You are wrong. Don't you dare say that again or i'll get mad!

ReputationRep:
    Ahhhh!! my exam is tomorrow! tbh my mocks aren't looking to good so idk what to do!!!

any advice on how i can pace myself in QR???
    how should i flag or answer any questions??

ReputationRep:
    which mocks are the hardest across ukcat official and medify?!!
    just want ar and vr please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YouHaveProblems)
    You are wrong. Don't you dare say that again or i'll get mad!
    Feel free to.

ReputationRep:
    feel free to.
    aaaaaarrrrrggghhhghhgghhghghhghg hghg!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I found it much easier than all the practices I've done...
    I got:

VR: 610
    QR: 900
    AR: 790
    Total: 2400 (average 800)
    SJT: Band 2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenigma;[url="tel:67876408")
    67876408[/url]]I think last year or the year before, many people had problems with it or found it too hard or something so scores and cut-offs were very low. I doubt that is going to happen this year but I may be wrong.
    On the ukcat website the scores haven't gone up that much since last year in relation to mean scores so why do you think it's not going to happen this year ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthie_nuggetty)
    I got:

Can you explain how you got those amazingly scores. I am getting 540-600 in the medify mocks. I have it tomorrow and QR is my worst.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthie_nuggetty)
    I got:

Da***, you cant add so you couldn't have done that well on QR, Its 2300 average 767

ReputationRep:
    would it be unwise to apply to Uni of East Anglia where is says its unlikely for a candidate with a score lower than 1800 to be invited to interview where my score is 1750? my gcses and levels are good and should be predicted a 1st for my degree*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LukButters)
    Da***, you cant add so you couldn't have done that well on QR, Its 2300 average 767
    someones jealous lol they obvs put in 710 by accident when calculating or 610 when posting or something along them lines.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LukButters)
    Top notch banter. lol

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.