Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    I am surprised by the speed, it did not take the butt-hurt lefties long to set up a petition asking for a second referendum with conditions attached to referendums: voters should accept democracy.
    Cheers Nigel, wouldn't have found that otherwise, sharing now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Seems as if Labour leadership backtracking to appear neutral, shameful if true.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Cameron is resigning it seems

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    He's resigned!!!
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Cameron is resigning it seems

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's the right course of action in light of the vote.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by toronto353)
    It's the right course of action in light of the vote.
    Very sensible. Maintains stability. New leadership holds off leaving until late 2018 at the earliest, he stays on to stabilise until the handover

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Sterling recovery has destabilised a bit though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    Seems as if Labour leadership backtracking to appear neutral, shameful if true.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    From what I have seen on the BBC coverage it's just been an acceptance of the result, and some brief analysis of why the vote went to leave. I imagine the party will have to change however to accept the vote and work within it, especially to get leave voters onside
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    And it now seems the announcement has aided the sterling recovery, makes complete sense. At this rate the losses will be gone within the hour, we will be back at the midnight prices within a couple of hours.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    And it now seems the announcement has aided the sterling recovery, makes complete sense. At this rate the losses will be gone within the hour, we will be back at the midnight prices within a couple of hours.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We're floating around 1.37 at the moment, I've given it until the end of the week and then I'm gonna get a hundred dollar bill when we're back to 1.50 just to rub it in the faces of the doomsdayers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lime-man)
    We're floating around 1.37 at the moment, I've given it until the end of the week and then I'm gonna get a hundred dollar bill when we're back to 1.50 just to rub it in the faces of the doomsdayers
    I think $100 is soon to be yours, if you are watching BBC1, Mark Carney is giving a speech saying how wonderful the British economy is, that the Bank of England is well prepared for a Brexit, and the British economy will be fine: he has changed his opinions quickly.

ReputationRep:
    I think $100 is soon to be yours, if you are watching BBC1, Mark Carney is giving a speech saying how wonderful the British economy is, that the Bank of England is well prepared for a Brexit, and the British economy will be fine: he has changed his opinions quickly.
    putting it on now.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    The pound is already up 2 cents

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Damn i thought i was going to become a billionaire, i have some dollars why hasnt the £ not dropped to below Zimbabwe? It was implied it would.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    He neess to give a positive image to curb uncertainty.

ReputationRep:
    I must say I am surprised, and disappointed, at the result.

It's obviously a massive moment in this country's history, so it's perhaps a bit petty that my main focus right now is the time I wasted revising for that EU law module, and what the pound will look like to the euro such that I can get a good deal on my holiday money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EricAteYou)
    He neess to give a positive image to curb uncertainty.
    But it proves the predictions of a Brexit economic catastrophe was all scaremongering, if the Bank of England has £250bn available to shield markets, stating that before the referendum would have removed the scaremongering, removed any uncertainty, and allowed voters to make a more balanced decision.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    £250 Billion in additional funds for money market operations being provided by the BoE to ensure liquidity.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tengentoppa)
    I must say I am surprised, and disappointed, at the result.

It's obviously a massive moment in this country's history, so it's perhaps a bit petty that my main focus right now is the time I wasted revising for that EU law module, and what the pound will look like to the euro such that I can get a good deal on my holiday money.
    Don't worry your education will be good for 2 years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Financier)
    £250 Billion in additional funds for money market operations being provided by the BoE to ensure liquidity.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yep, it's nice

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.