Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca-Sarah)
    Nah you could get a proper luxury week of food... or a year's supply of percy pigs.

Lol a years supply of percy pigs hehee.

[I was making a joke about how expensive M&S is - you probably did understand but just checking?]
    :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    What's the actual deal with NHS bursaries for GEP students? Anyone know? I've been hearing that I'm entitled to £4k next year?? I thought I got zilch.
    The med school helpfully give you the email you need to apply about 2 weeks before the deadline, then you go round trying to find proof of things you didn't realise needed it and have thrown out when tidying, then you send it off whilst paying an extortionate amount to ensure they don't lose your documents when returning them to you, then they don't get round to giving you the bursary and your uni demands the fees off you.... :unimpressed: But you may be able to get fees paid, some bursary dependent on income, and half a student loan for years 2-4 as long as you manage to navigate the myriad of hoops.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)
    Oh any suggestions as to what I should spend my £50 M&S voucher winnings on? I've not been there in a wihle...
    Food or knickers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Future)
    Food or knickers
    Well unless you're coming round to visit, I don't see any need for me to buy knickers

ReputationRep:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B006...1222666&sr=8-1

Want want want

ReputationRep:
    Well unless you're coming round to visit, I don't see any need for me to buy knickers
    Would the knickers be for you or for me?

ReputationRep:
    Would the knickers be for you or for me?
    Whatever you're into babes, as long as you're funny and pretty it's on like donkey kong....

On it like a car bonnet....

Going down like China Town...

etc

ReputationRep:
    it's on like donkey kong....

On it like a car bonnet....

Going down like China Town...

etc
    You have such a way with words. You have taken my breath away.

as long as you're funny and pretty
    You'll have to find out

ReputationRep:
    The **** just happened?

ReputationRep:
    I think they're pretty much giving each other the internet equivalent of a chat up.

ReputationRep:
    You have such a way with words. You have taken my breath away.

You'll have to find out
    Hahah reminds me of the best chat up line (read:worst) I've ever heard being used between medics.

"I hope you've got your inhaler with you because I'm gonna take your breath away"

(I can confirm this did not succeed :p:)

ReputationRep:
    Hahah reminds me of the best chat up line (read:worst) I've ever heard being used between medics.

"I hope you've got your inhaler with you because I'm gonna take your breath away"

(I can confirm this did not succeed :p:)
    "My adductor isn't the only thing that's longus"

ReputationRep:
    "My adductor isn't the only thing that's longus"
    Ahahahahah :rofl:

"Please rate some other members before rating this member again."

ReputationRep:
    Ahahahahah :rofl:

"Please rate some other members before rating this member again."

Baby, you're so hot, you denature my proteins

ReputationRep:
    Baby, you're so hot, you denature my proteins
    We should probably move this to writing messages on profiles before we get warnings lol. Apologies all....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Back to medicy stuff - is anyone good at prescription charts - I'm having problems with acute asthma treatment.

I.e. how to exactly write the back-to-back salbutamol (do you do it as one then write "x3 back to back " in additional instructions?

Is the oxygen prescription down as "NEB" along with the salbutamol?

And so on...

ReputationRep:
    Ok so I decided to do some work as I can't sleep. We have to write a reflective piece. I have not really done a proper reflective piece before. I have done some in the past but basically wrote a load of blah, but this one actually gets marked and I have no idea how to reflect .

I have tried to Google: how to reflect.
    Any tips?

Help

ReputationRep:
    Ok so I decided to do some work as I can't sleep. We have to write a reflective piece. I have not really done a proper reflective piece before. I have done some in the past but basically wrote a load of blah, but this one actually gets marked and I have no idea how to reflect .

Any tips?

Help
    I've heard nurses talking about the Gibbs cycle or something? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:

Any tips?

Help
    I would look up the GMC's 'Good Medical Practise' and use that as a basis. Perhaps focus on a couple of sections of it and discuss how you tried to give good care and challenges to it etc.

http://www.gmc-uk.org/guidance/good_...e/contents.asp

ReputationRep:
    Urgh PLEASE can people stop clapping after lectures...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gozatron)
    Urgh PLEASE can people stop clapping after lectures...
    Nah love it - in first year and second year it helps you work out the good lecturers as they always got a really good clap

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.