Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Yeah Tevez is another one like that, slightly inferior to Suarez though. But still one of the most impressive players Ive seen live, doesnt look the same on TV. Juventus got a bargain with him.
    I know some players you just see live and they stand out so clearly. How hard he tries as well as his talent as well I was just like :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    bale is younger..

Less controersial - doesnt get banned for 10 games.. doesnt come with all of the hassle that you get with suarez..

Bale achieves a great number of goals from midfield, compared to suarez from upfront..

etc.

In pure footballing terms there isnt much in it.. - but in context of them as people, and members of a team.. bale is a much better prospect.
    You need to read what you've written - you make it out that Bale is a lot better than Suarez. No way is that the case. I think its the British hype that is making Bale appear this good. Suarez has produced the goods at every club and at international level. A seriously sensational footballer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The thing with Bale is that he has dat pace, dat strength, dat power shot and dat look. Proper modern footballer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    The thing with Bale is that he has dat pace, dat strength, dat power shot and dat look. Proper modern footballer.
    Dat look?
    I'm not even going to say what he looks like...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by printergirl)
    Dat look?
    I'm not even going to say what he looks like...
    Fine. But it's marketable. Bale's image rights would be part of the deal with Real Madrid I'm sure. Obviously not as big a cash-cow as Ronaldo, but potentially top 5 in the world.

ReputationRep:
    Fine. But it's marketable. Bale's image rights would be part of the deal with Real Madrid I'm sure. Obviously not as big a cash-cow as Ronaldo, but potentially top 5 in the world.
    Is he actually? Yes marketable on this island but elsewhere, I'm not too sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    I think he will be once he's playing for them

ReputationRep:
    This except for the looks part because the guy can't even get a proper comb over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    You need to read what you've written - you make it out that Bale is a lot better than Suarez. No way is that the case. I think its the British hype that is making Bale appear this good. Suarez has produced the goods at every club and at international level. A seriously sensational footballer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think its you that needs to read what I wrote..

I never said that bale was 'a lot better' then suarez, as a player... (not once, serriously, go read it..)

All I said was that suarez has more bagadge, and is older.. both, are undeiable and true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    I think its you that needs to read what I wrote..

I never said that bale was 'a lot better' then suarez, as a player... (not once, serriously, go read it..)

All I said was that suarez has more bagadge, and is older.. both, are undeiable and true.
    My bad, though in my defence I did say 'you make...' Anyway my point is that Suarez is one awesome footballer and I don't think he's given enough credit, especially when you compare it to how much the likes of Bale, RVP and others get; not saying they don't deserve it but Suarez is certainly in the same bracket.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    My bad, though in my defence I did say 'you make...' Anyway my point is that Suarez is one awesome footballer and I don't think he's given enough credit, especially when you compare it to how much the likes of Bale, RVP and others get; not saying they don't deserve it but Suarez is certainly in the same bracket.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree.. its a shame that his personal problems are tainting the image of what would otherwise be considerd one of the best strikers in the world..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    You seen times square recently? Bale is hugely marketable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    brb taking pre season and a glorified training session too seriously

brb watching the ashes
    Doesn't David Warner remind you of Lukas Podolski?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sanogo starting for Arsenal today.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is that Owen commentating on BT Sport? Jeez, first Hargreaves and now Owen. And has anyone seen their studio setup with McManaman and David James - hilarious. :rofl2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nosaer)
    Is that Owen commentating on BT Sport? Jeez, first Hargreaves and now Owen. And has anyone seen their studio setup with McManaman and David James - hilarious. :rofl2:
    He's working for BT Sport this year so you might as well get used to him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Never watched football broadcasts for the pundits, I dislike almost all of them equally.

ReputationRep:
    C'mon Sanogo!!!!

ReputationRep:
    This should be a good game!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nosaer)
    Have you seen david james's hair....

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.