Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iqbal007)
    I was stating what I read from a hanafi perspective on how to pray it....the other three schools of thought do it with 4 rukus.
    (Original post by kyoti)
    The hanafi view is 2 rakah' 2 rukuh lasted about 10-12 minutes maybe more, both rukuhs were also longer than usual.
    Ok I understand :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biryani007)
    Did anyone watch the dina tokio world muslimah programme yesterday?
    Yeah lol, just a bit of it. I found it pretty awkward to watch, I don't know why

ReputationRep:
    Where is Roger1 at??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yep, I'm glad she was vocal about the issues to be honest...she had to be because the competition was supposed to be based around islamic principles and there were a bunch of weird stuff that she knew she couldnt let them imply were the norm.
    I guess it also highlights the understanding of Islam by Muslims in the west vs the understanding by Muslims back in majority Muslim nations.
    It highlights a huge learning gap and lack of access to understanding the different perspective of Islam, but also shows how culture is interfering.

I can certainly say its true when I went to Bangladesh and what Bengali's say, very weird and dodgy stuff.

ReputationRep:
    US school sorry for Arabic pledge http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/31989874

Wow. The prejudice continues and goes unchallenged.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    http://mymonline.org/11-tips-conside...sing-marriage/

ReputationRep:
    Kitab Al Kafi - Volume 2 - Patience

1704–12. Abū ‘Alī al-Ash‘arī (–) al-Ḥasan ibn ‘Alī al-Kūfī (–) al- ‘Abbãs ibn ‘Ãmir (–) al-‘Arzamī that Abū ‘Abdillãh (‘a.s.) said:

"The Messenger of Allãh (ṣ.a.‘a.w.a.w.s.) said: 'The time will come (soon) for people that a kingdom would not be achieved except by murder
    and insolence, and wealth would not be obtained except by usurpation and greedy. Also, love would not be attained except by taking out the religion (from one's self) and following carnal desire. So, he who comes to live in that time and endured poverty though he is able to obtain wealth; and
    endure the enmity (of people) though he is able to attract their love, and endure humility though he is able to achieve dignity, Allãh will grant him
    the reward of fifty honest persons who truly attested me.'
    Saheeh- Grading by Alama Majlisi r.a

ReputationRep:
    Free will VS predestination

He said: A man said to him: May I be your ransom, has Allah compelled His servants to sin? So he said: Allah is more just than to compel them to sin and then punish them for it.
    So he said to him: May I be your ransom, then has Allah left these [matters] to His servants? He said: So he said: Had He left it to them, He would not have restricted them with commands and prohibitions. So he said to him: May I be your ransom, then is there a stage between the two? He said: So he said: Yes, wider than that which is in between heaven and Earth. (al-Kafi, Volume 1, hadith402)

عدة من أصحابنا، عن أحمد بن محمد بن خالد، عن ابن فضال، عن ثعلبة بن ميمون، عن حمزة بن محمد الطيار، عن أبي عبد الله عليه السلام في قول الله عزوجل: " وما كان الله ليضل قوما بعد إذ هداهم حتى يبين لهم ما يتقون " قال: حتى يعرفهم ما يرضيه وما يسخطه، وقال: " فألهمها فجورها وتقويها " قال: بين لها ما تأتي وما تترك، وقال: " إنا هديناه السبيل إما شاكرا وإما كفورا " قال: عرفناه، إما آخذ وإما تارك، وعن قوله: " وأما ثمود فهديناهم فاستحبوا العمى على الهدى " قال: عرفناهم فاستحبوا العمى على الهدى وهم يعرفون؟ وفي رواية: بينا لهم.

Several of our companions from Ahmad b. Muhammad b. Khalid from ibn Faddal from Tha`laba b. Maymun from Hamza b. Muhammad at-Tayyar from Abu `Abdillah عليه السلام regarding the saying of Allah عزوجل, “It was never Allah’s part that He should send a folk astray after He had guided them until He had made clear unto them what they should avoid” (9:115).

He said: Until they know what He is pleased with and what He is displeased with. And He says, “And inspired it with knowledge of what is wrong for it and what is right for it” (91:8) – [meaning,] elucidate to it what to take to and what to abandon. And He says, “We showed him the way, whether he be grateful or disbelieving” (76:3) – we have recognized it, either take to it or abandon it. And regarding His saying, “As for Thamud, we sent guidance to them but they preferred blindness over guidance” (41:17) – He made them recognize, but they preferred blindness over guidance and they knew it.

And in another narration: We elucidated it for them. (al-Kafi, Volume 1, hadith 412)

(hasan muwathaq) (حسن موثق)

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

Holy Quran: "The servants of the Most Merciful are those who walk upon the earth in humility, and when the ignorant address them, they say words of peace"

The FoxNewsTV (USA) asked the Iranian President Ahmedinejad,

'When you look into the mirror in the morning what do you say to yourself'?

He answered: I see the person in the mirror and tell him 'Remember' you are no more than a small servant, ahead of you today is the heavy responsibility, and that is to serve the Iranian nation'.

Ahmedinejad, the Iranian President who astonished many when he first reached to the office of the Presidency by donating all the high valued Iranian carpets to one of the mosques in Tehran by replacing them with the low cost ordinary carpets. He observed that there was a huge extravagant lounge for receiving and welcoming the VIPs and he ordered it to be closed and asked the protocol office to arrange for an ordinary room only with wooden chairs.

On many instances he joins the cleaning staff of the municipality for cleaning the streets in the area where his home and the Presidency are located.

Under his authority whenever he appoints any minister to his post he gets a signed document from him with many points particularly highlighting that he shall remain poor and that his personal and his relatives accounts will be watched and the day he leaves the ministry shall be with dignity, and therefore it is not lawful for him or his relatives to take any advantage of his office. First of all he declared himself for all the 'Big' wealth and the property he owned was a Peugeot 504 car, model 1977, an old small house inherited from his father 40-years ago in one of the poorest zones in Tehran . His accounts with a zero balance and the only money comes in to his a/c was from his salary from the university as a lecturer with an amount of US$ 250 only.

For your information the President still lives in that same house. This is all what he owns; the president of one of the world's important countries; strategically, economically, politically and with regard to its oil and defense. He even doesn't take his personal salary with the argument that all the wealth belongs to the nation and he is the safeguard over it.
    One of the things that impressed the staff at the presidency is the bag the President brings with him every day, which contains his breakfast; some sandwiches or bread with olive oil and cheese prepared by his wife and eats and enjoys it with all happiness.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/GregorianStudyCircle/conversations/topics/3984

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_K1NG)
    Good video :yy: Jazakallahu khairan for sharing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tawheed)
    x
    Salaam.
    What is Mr Ahmedi up to these days, has he retired from Iranian politics?

ReputationRep:
    Been feeling low lately anyopne got any words of advice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hecate99)
    Go outside and go for a walk...also consider taking up a sport, etc allows you to get some stress relief and a clear head.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HSafirah)
    Good video :yy: Jazakallahu khairan for sharing
    Wa iyyakum.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.hrw.org/reports/2015/03/1...me-destruction

This 31-page report documents, through field visits, analysis of satellite imagery, interviews with victims and witnesses, and review of photo and video evidence, that militias looted property of Sunni civilians who had fled fighting, burned their homes and businesses, and destroyed at least two entire villages. The actions violated the laws of war. Human Rights Watch also documented the abduction of 11 men during the operation, in September and October.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hecate99)

ReputationRep:
    has anyone ever found their wife/husband through this TSR isoc? :curious:

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone watch the dina tokio world muslimah programme yesterday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MilitantMindset)
    bro, whats with your account name and pic

what theme are you trying to push :hmmm:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 19, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.