Turn on thread page Beta
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    No surprise. Haunting front pages elsewhere, though. Metro's and the Mirror's are particularly fitting.

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Why do you care? Do you think the idiots who read these papers care? They'd rather see Kim Kardashians latest boob pic

ReputationRep:
    I think what people lose sight of is that this is a victory for football fans across the country. Not to mention a victory for "the little guy" against a corrupt establishment.

Could have easily been a whole host of other clubs in the Leppings lane end that day, with the same tragic consequences.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    In football related news, the Telegraph is reporting Damien Comolli is set for a role at Villa.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    In football related news, the Telegraph is reporting Damien Comolli is set for a role at Villa.
    Trying for back to back relegations? How long can he live off the transfer of a 17 year old?

ReputationRep:
    Gone, but never forgotten

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    Yh I dunno why Leinads post was reported but that chant post was bang out of order, he said he feels for the families but when you come out with **** like that then you don't feel anything.
    Who made a chant post?

(Original post by Malevolent)
    I didn't report it but honestly who cares if it was. Its clear that him and a few other people are trying to get a reaction out of people. Pathetic.
    It genuinely wasn't to get a reaction. I really don't see why it's constantly been in the news for the last 27 years. At some point you lose your support because people get sick of hearing about it. People died, it's a tradegy, but it's also a tradegy that happened before 90% of posters on this forum were alive. To put it into perspective, the USSR was still a country. Hell liverpool have even won the league sinse then. Justice is served now, liverpool fans weren't to blame, but we all now that we'll still hear about it 5 or 6 times a year for no apparent reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Who made a chant post?

It genuinely wasn't to get a reaction. I really don't see why it's constantly been in the news for the last 27 years. At some point you lose your support because people get sick of hearing about it. People died, it's a tradegy, but it's also a tradegy that happened before 90% of posters on this forum were alive. To put it into perspective, the USSR was still a country. Hell liverpool have even won the league sinse then. Justice is served now, liverpool fans weren't to blame, but we all now that we'll still hear about it 5 or 6 times a year for no apparent reason.
    It's less to do with just the deaths but a lot to do with the injustice in the surrounding facts - the police cover up and lies, the press reporting further false lies.

It's bad enough to lose close family and friends but to then also be told you're all scumbags who looted and pissed on the dead with no accountability for those who were actually at fault.

Had this all been dealt with in the aftermath, this wouldn't have carried on for 27 years of fighting by the campaign

You do realise that justice was only served yesterday with the decision (but even then no one has been held accountable until the CPS charges and prosecutes them)?

The families also want to move on and get closure. The Hillsborough Family Support Group have announced that this year will be the last time the service is held at Anfield.

Also your logic is pretty flawed or do you go around on 11 November and berate all the veterans/poppy sellers for Remembrance Day? That happened even longer ago so should we stop hearing about that? :rolleyes:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    People need to realise that Hillsborough is nothing to do with football. Sure, football links each of the 96 dead - and their families - but Hillsborough and the subsequent cover-up is a symptom of 1980s, and even modern, Great Britain.

Rotherham, Jimmy Saville, Hillsborough.

These things were allowed to happen - by people like us. By infighting like the type seen in this thread. It's all too easy for the establishment to get away with it. And why?

Because people say "oh, but I don't care."

Or they say "well, they were drunk."

Or "they bunked in. They pushed, they shoved."

Or "they robbed the dead. They pissed on coppers."

Or they say "it's Liverpool fans, not me. Nope. Not me."

ReputationRep:
    http://www.theguardian.com/football/...lasted-decades < this is an excellent and very long piece and basically a dummy's guide to why SYP and others were found to have been negligent.

Goes without saying that the cause and aftermath was very much symptomatic of 1980s Britain under Thatcher.

ReputationRep:
    Dunno how people can take him seriously after 'tradegy'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmy Seville)
    Gone, but never forgotten
    I guessed it was that, thought there was a chance it could be Roy Hodgson in the LFC shirt or Gerrard's 38s sending off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    It's less to do with just the deaths but a lot to do with the injustice in the surrounding facts - the police cover up and lies, the press reporting further false lies.

It's bad enough to lose close family and friends but to then also be told you're all scumbags who looted and pissed on the dead with no accountability for those who were actually at fault.

Had this all been dealt with in the aftermath, this wouldn't have carried on for 27 years of fighting by the campaign

You do realise that justice was only served yesterday with the decision (but even then no one has been held accountable until the CPS charges and prosecutes them)?

The families also want to move on and get closure. The Hillsborough Family Support Group have announced that this year will be the last time the service is held at Anfield.

Also your logic is pretty flawed or do you go around on 11 November and berate all the veterans/poppy sellers for Remembrance Day? That happened even longer ago so should we stop hearing about that? :rolleyes:

I can understand that. It's ****ed up that the police lied and that's totally out of order. However, if we say the police were unknowingly guilty of murder by opening the gates, surely SOME of the Liverpool supporters at the back were ALSO guilty for creating a crush?

The difference with remembrance day is MILLIONS died, 1 in 3 people who enlisted died iirc. EVERYONE in the country is related to someone who died. That's why I've said I can completely understand a minutes silence by Liverpool fans each year, but NOT by every club in the league.

Hopefully now "justice" has been served we'll stop hearing about it, but realistically there will be an attempt to prosecute those that are believed to be guilty. That's going to drag on for years realistically, and if no one is found guilty (a distinct possibility) then what? It goes on and on and on and on. At first you lot wanted the police to admit accountability and the fans be told in a court of law it isn't their fault. At what point will it be viewed that complete justice is done? If I'm honest a big part of me thinks a LOT of Liverpool fans don't want to see an end to it, because then they won't be able to talk about it every couple of months (maybe a harsh opinion, but it seems that way a lot of the time to an outsider to all this).
    I guess my question is, at what point will it be deemed no more can be done and only a yearly memorial will be held that only Liverpool football club is involved with? And why isn't the same service one to those who die in the Heysal incident?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirly)
    brb

Brb Daniel Sturridge sipping lean and having laughing gas with Sterling.

ReputationRep:
    I still don't understand why he wants to question 450,000 documents, 2 years of inquests and £70m+ of legal fees.

Sure, continue spew out this uneducated delusional crap about Scouse victimhood and not caring (irony that he cares so much about not caring) even after it's been comprehensively explained to him, but it's laughable that he's still seeking to blame football fans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Summer Sixteeen)
    I still don't understand why he wants to question 450,000 documents, 2 years of inquests and £70m+ of legal fees.

Sure, continue spew out this uneducated delusional crap about Scouse victimhood and not caring (irony that he cares so much about not caring) even after it's been comprehensively explained to him, but it's laughable that he's still seeking to blame football fans.
    Lol. Im not arguing with it. I'm not saying fans are to blame, I'm saying that even if every other party created the environment for the crush,a few fans still created it.
    Irony is you're getting so pissy over this, but don't have the balls to quote me.

I mean, you might as well deconstuct my arguments for reps, it'll make your dupe look more realistic too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    Is there something you know that the jury who have gone through 2 years of evidence don't?
    No but it's common sense isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    No but it's common sense isn't it?
    Crowds naturally will be pushy in tight spaces, its the responsibility of crowd control to stop people going through if it gets too much, TFL does it at Oxford Circus station to stop overcrowding at platforms, if they didn't, would you blame a "few" people for the deaths of people falling into the train tracks or getting crushed?

This is getting nowhere, lets just agree to disagree.
    Btw, it was BeForUr who made that chant post.

ReputationRep:
    I can understand that. It's ****ed up that the police lied and that's totally out of order. However, if we say the police were unknowingly guilty of murder by opening the gates, surely SOME of the Liverpool supporters at the back were ALSO guilty for creating a crush?

The difference with remembrance day is MILLIONS died, 1 in 3 people who enlisted died iirc. EVERYONE in the country is related to someone who died. That's why I've said I can completely understand a minutes silence by Liverpool fans each year, but NOT by every club in the league.

Hopefully now "justice" has been served we'll stop hearing about it, but realistically there will be an attempt to prosecute those that are believed to be guilty. That's going to drag on for years realistically, and if no one is found guilty (a distinct possibility) then what? It goes on and on and on and on. At first you lot wanted the police to admit accountability and the fans be told in a court of law it isn't their fault. At what point will it be viewed that complete justice is done? If I'm honest a big part of me thinks a LOT of Liverpool fans don't want to see an end to it, because then they won't be able to talk about it every couple of months (maybe a harsh opinion, but it seems that way a lot of the time to an outsider to all this).
    I guess my question is, at what point will it be deemed no more can be done and only a yearly memorial will be held that only Liverpool football club is involved with? And why isn't the same service one to those who die in the Heysal incident?
    Maybe read up on the topic first? The verdict yesterday was that there was no blame on the fans' part for the deaths - see jury response to question 7.

I'm not related to anyone who died in the world wars - does that justify me spouting off nonsense about how it's stupid, people should shut up and get on with it? Oh wait.. there's that little thing called respect :eek:

Every club doesn't do a minute's silence? Only those clubs who supported the fight by the HFSG. Anyway it's their prerogative if they want to or not - no one forces them.

All the papers reporting that the families are delighted with the outcome and they can finally get closure. Not sure why you think those people in charge who caused the deaths should be allowed to get away with unlawful killing? Don't forget that it was 96 dead and over 700 seriously injured by the event.

... I honestly don't know how to respond to the rest of your paragraph. It's only been in the news more recently because progress was finally being made with the matter being investigated and then the case was happening. Or should the press have not reported on the verdict? :rolleyes:

In my last post I already pointed out that this will be the last service at Anfield..?

Tbh it sounds like you're more obsessed with it all then everyone else. When will you finally be able to let it go? When it's not splashed on the front page of the papers or when it's no longer widely reported or does it need to go so far that the event is no longer acknowledged for you to feel happy?

Or you could just ignore it all like any other normal person who has no interest in it.. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Mamadou Sakho will not challenge results of drug test for Liverpool

Mamadou Sakho is facing a lengthy suspension from the game after the Liverpool defender decided not to challenge the results of his failed drugs test.

The France international has accepted the findings of a drugs test taken after the Europa League tie at Manchester United on 17 March, which is understood to have revealed evidence of a fat-burning substance, and did not request that a B sample was examined before the Uefa deadline on Tuesday. He will present mitigating evidence.

Liverpool have refused to comment on the defender’s decision, insisting it is a private matter at this stage, and Sakho will remain unavailable for selection while Uefa’s investigation continues.

Jürgen Klopp’s squad travel to Spain on Wednesday for their Europa League semi-final first leg against Villarreal on Thursday and the £19m centre-half was not in the travelling party.

Sakho’s acceptance of the A sample’s findings may hasten the disciplinary process, meaning his suspension from the game will start earlier than had he challenged the results.

His team-mate Kolo Touré was handed a six-month ban by the Football Association for failing a drugs test in 2011 as a result of taking his wife’s diet pills.

A similar punishment would cost Sakho his place at the European Championship to be held this summer in France.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...pool-drug-test

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.