Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Any advice for abstract reasoning? That is my weakest point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IMS2K17)
    Any advice for abstract reasoning? That is my weakest point.
    Write out a list for similarities. Check one of my previous replies i messaged a full list.

ReputationRep:
    On the Keele website it says 'For 2017 entry applicants with a total UKCAT score in the bottom 20% nationally or with an SJT score in Band 4 will not be considered. For 2016 entry this threshold was 2,330.'*
    What is likely to be the score of the bottom 20%? Does anyone know what the figure will be for this year? as it was 2330 last year*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angel_18)
    Can you explain how you got those amazingly scores. I am getting 540-600 in the medify mocks. I have it tomorrow and QR is my worst.
    Don't know if anyone's told you but QR is really good in the actual test, if you get caught in a question guess flag and move on best advice I can give

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hopeforunderdog)
    ok thank you, did you put your total score or your average? I might just put it in just in case
    I put in my total and then put in modular scores for each section too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YouHaveProblems)
    There is literally no point. It gets sent to university why on earth would u do that on ucas, no one else does that.
    There's no harm in doing it, it's just on the education section so it doesn't use any characters or anything. And surely if it has an option for UKCAT as a qualification it's ok to add it. I know UKCAT send it across anyway but it does no harm for us to put in on as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellen111)
    On the Keele website it says 'For 2017 entry applicants with a total UKCAT score in the bottom 20% nationally or with an SJT score in Band 4 will not be considered. For 2016 entry this threshold was 2,330.'*
    What is likely to be the score of the bottom 20%? Does anyone know what the figure will be for this year? as it was 2330 last year*
    Currently bottom 20% is 1770 and below

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elish2chambers)
    There's no harm in doing it, it's just on the education section so it doesn't use any characters or anything. And surely if it has an option for UKCAT as a qualification it's ok to add it. I know UKCAT send it across anyway but it does no harm for us to put in on as well
    If you are applying to bmat unis then that is a consideration.
    If no one else is doing it and it doesn't need to be done then there is no reason at all to include it as you know for a fact that there is 0% advantage of putting it and if there could be even 0.00001% chance of a bad impression being given then theres no point.

ReputationRep:
    Hi I am an Irish student and I am sitting the ukcat in the morning. I've done practice tests on the site but I have no idea how to calculate score ? My weakest section seems to be QR. Any tips? I've sat my leaving cert in June and did pretty well. Any suggestions where I should apply?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm an Irish student and I am sitting the ukcat in the morning. I've done the practice tests online but have no idea how to calculate my score from it. My weakest section seems to be QR,has anyone got any tips for it? I've sat my leaving certificate in June and did pretty well. Has anyone suggestions about where I should apply ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irishgirl2016)
    Hi I am an Irish student and I am sitting the ukcat in the morning. I've done practice tests on the site but I have no idea how to calculate score ? My weakest section seems to be QR. Any tips? I've sat my leaving cert in June and did pretty well. Any suggestions where I should apply?
    Typical rough method is do the percentage of questions you got right multiplied by 600 then add 300.
    so 70/100 would be 70%*600= 420 » 420+300 = 720
    Are you sitting your exam in ireland?

ReputationRep:
    Typical rough method is do the percentage of questions you got right multiplied by 600 then add 300.
    so 70/100 would be 70%*600= 420 » 420+300 = 720
    Are you sitting your exam in ireland?
    Oh perfect thanks! and ya I am!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pawini)
    Currently bottom 20% is 1770 and below

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you. Do you know is this likely to go up by the end of testing? *

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellen111)
    Thank you. Do you know is this likely to go up by the end of testing? *
    More likely to go down tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ASTK98)
    More likely to go down tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
    what makes you say that?

10,000 people sat their test by the time the pre lim scores were out?
    usually around 20,000 sit the ukcat no?

so it could co up/down?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lostperson)
    what makes you say that?

10,000 people sat their test by the time the pre lim scores were out?
    usually around 20,000 sit the ukcat no?

so it could co up/down?
    Just going by past trends. People seem to perform worse towards the end of the exam season (September/October); prelim scores are generally higher than the average scores

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just going by past trends. People seem to perform worse towards the end of the exam season (September/October); prelim scores are generally higher than the average scores

Posted from TSR Mobile
    do u know what last years pre lies were?
    Im currently in the 8th decile.. and wondering if by the end ill end up in the 7th?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    pre lim**

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenigma)
    Theywill give it to you on a piece of A4 paper. If they're decent people, they'llfold it up just past halfway point so you can unfold whenever you feel like youcan.
    It'snot an envelope. It's printed on a paper and handed to you.
    Nope. I've spoken to them about this recently. They're nice enough to give out envelopes at mine. I might do a dramatic TSR opening. Anyway, I have to go do this test at 08:00. It's only half an hour away.

ReputationRep:
    The test centre, that is.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 22, 2017

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.