The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6900
Original post by fallen_acorns
should have brought fab, and had ozil and fab, both can kill it for half a season, and go missing in alternating big games. combined they would dominate.

brought
Reply 6901
Original post by shawn_o1
Still only 4 (or 6) assists in four months

Btw there was no social media last time we won the league. Seems as though that sadistic pleasure is something our rivals have since they win (more) trophies (that matter to them) and will continue to enjoy us getting carried away and tripping over our own feet.

You literally say the same thing over and over again. Find something fresh.
Original post by AR_95
You literally say the same thing over and over again. Find something fresh.

How rustled are you that Van Gaal has bantered the FA Cup off you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6903
Original post by BeFoUr
How rustled are you that Van Gaal has bantered the FA Cup off you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not in the slightest. 3 years in a row is long.

In an alternate universe of £60m Wenger bids, Ozil and Suarez are currently leading us to consecutive trebles in an unprecedented record-breaking season. Stan Kroenke wonders what the hell they're smoking over at Anfield.
Subscribe to Man Like Robbie
Seems as though there are more "what would have been" transfers involving arsenal?
Reply 6907
Original post by midnightice

In an alternate universe of £60m Wenger bids, Ozil and Suarez are currently leading us to consecutive trebles in an unprecedented record-breaking season. Stan Kroenke wonders what the hell they're smoking over at Anfield.

Suarez has 8 goals and three assists in the last two games..

..let that sink in

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SA-1
Suarez has 8 goals and three assists in the last two games..

..let that sink in

Posted from TSR Mobile

Blame the other 17 La Liga teams for not having as much fight as their Premier League counterparts. It's easy to reach ridiculous figures there as a "big three" player
Original post by swirly
Fabregas has double the Premier League assists than Ozil in 2016:colonhash:

Bitch pls

He ain't no Milner.
Says a lot about Wenger's ability in the transfer market that he allegedly let so many world class players slip through his fingers. Absolute fraud of a man.
Original post by Jimmy Seville
Says a lot about Wenger's ability in the transfer market that he allegedly let so many world class players slip through his fingers. Absolute fraud of a man.

The calibre of managers next season is gonna be unreal:

United will shoot back up with Mourinho.
Chelsea will do the same under Conte.
City will be ridiculous with Pep.
Liverpool are going places with Klopp.
Spurs are as good as I've ever seen them with Pochettino.
Leicester gonna Leicester with Ranieri.

Arsenal have Wenger...
Original post by Lúcio

Arsenal have Wenger...

Not worried, 4th as usual fam
Will not be surprised if next season there's a 7 way title fight that goes down to the last match day. Imagine being top going into the final day, losing, and having no CL at the end of it

(Maybe a 6 way fight if Leicester lose Mahrez and Kante to the continent, 5 way if Conte shows he can't do it in England)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Lúcio

Arsenal have Wenger...

and yet I would put more money on wenger to get top4 then any of those.. bar pep.

To be honest, next season does look amazing, but then Ive said that about every season recently, and it never turns out as well as people expect.. some of those teams will badly drop away, possibly spurs or leicster if they cant keep large parts of their squad from leaving.. possibly liverpool, if you are trying to cope with the CL and the league, (presuming you win europa) possibly arsenal if wenger has admited hes gone senial, or maybe conte wont be able to fix chelsea if hazard and costa go in the summer..

Either way, I really doubt it will be the crazy 7 way awesome manager title-fest, i mean it will still be amazing, but I personally think city will go crazy and run away with it, then it will be a 6/7-way fight for the top4 places left..

West-ham are my dark horse.. great this year, and only narrow margins away from top4, they have their new stadium and new tv deals coming soon.. if they can avoid the europa curse, (if they get it) then I think they could surprise everyone next year.
Original post by fallen_acorns
and yet I would put more money on wenger to get top4 then any of those.. bar pep.

To be honest, next season does look amazing, but then Ive said that about every season recently, and it never turns out as well as people expect.. some of those teams will badly drop away, possibly spurs or leicster if they cant keep large parts of their squad from leaving.. possibly liverpool, if you are trying to cope with the CL and the league, (presuming you win europa) possibly arsenal if wenger has admited hes gone senial, or maybe conte wont be able to fix chelsea if hazard and costa go in the summer..

Either way, I really doubt it will be the crazy 7 way awesome manager title-fest, i mean it will still be amazing, but I personally think city will go crazy and run away with it, then it will be a 6/7-way fight for the top4 places left..

West-ham are my dark horse.. great this year, and only narrow margins away from top4, they have their new stadium and new tv deals coming soon.. if they can avoid the europa curse, (if they get it) then I think they could surprise everyone next year.

I wouldn't.

City are too strong, United will buy huge and would have a MASSIVE confidence boost with United, Chelsea already have the players anyway and Liverpool are already showing immense ability without Klopp even spending a penny.
That's 4 teams I'd put ahead of Arsenal next season without even mentioning Spurs and Leicester...

I agree - next season sounds amazing but we'll get 2-3 teams who have a sub-par season and one or two who surprise us all by having a great season. I'm not worried about Liverpool - if we get CL, Klopp will be able to bring some great players in and we'll cope just fine. We'd probably go out of the CL in the knockout rounds anyway so wouldn't have to play as many games as this season regardless.

I think West Ham won't be anywhere near as good next year - Payet has absolutely pulled the strings and without him they aren't special. Same goes for Mahrez/Vardy with Leicester.

Obviously biased/deluded and hopeful, but I think Liverpool could be dark horses because this is exactly what Klopp did with Dortmund. A clear underdog but a solid and well supported team overcoming the odds and beating a giant to the title. The difference here though is that in Germany he only had to beat Bayern, whereas in the PL there are a crazy number of teams fighting for it.

Let's be honest, we have absolutely no idea what's happening next season...
People say every season team X and team Y will be back better and stronger next season (usually in regards to Liverpool) but it never really happens. It would be almost impossible for 6/7 teams to compete for the title up until the last two months or so as well so that will never happen either. I remember people saying United will be competing for the title this season and Chelsea would be easily retaining their crown (tbh I thought that as well) so it just goes to show how unpredictable football can be.

I like Klopp a lot but don't understand Liverpool fans trying to banter when they're throwing away leads like they did yesterday. It happens way too often with them. I even put a bet on it when they were 2-0 up which shows just how embroiled bottling is in that clubs recent history, even as an Arsenal fan I feel confident enough to say that.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by AliRizzo
People say every season team X and team Y will be back better and stronger next season (usually in regards to Liverpool) but it never really happens. It would be almost impossible for 6/7 teams to compete for the title up until the last two months or so as well so that will never happen either. I remember people saying United will be competing for the title this season and Chelsea would be easily retaining their crown (tbh I thought that as well) so it just goes to show how unpredictable football can be.

I like Klopp a lot but don't understand Liverpool fans trying to banter when they're throwing away leads like they did yesterday. It happens way too often with them. I even put a bet on it when they were 2-0 up which shows just how embroiled bottling is in that clubs recent history, even as an Arsenal fan I feel confident enough to say that.

I think the difference with Liverpool now is that we have Klopp.

He hasn't had a pre season. He hasn't spent money. He came in mid-season when we were in crisis, yet he's taken us to a cup final and a EL semi-final (al least).

I don't think you fully understand - this is the exact same team Rodgers had; Klopp is just working with what he was landed with, yet can get us beating the likes of Dortmund, United, City, Chelsea, etc...

The reason why we're so optimistic is because if that man can do this now, what do you think he can do once he spends money?
This guy said Liverpool are going places lol as bad as Arsenal have become we are still above Liverpool and by some distance
Original post by al_94
This guy said Liverpool are going places lol as bad as Arsenal have become we are still above Liverpool and by some distance

We have a better manager.
You haven't beaten us this season.
We got to a domestic cup final.
We're in a European semi-final.

But yeah, "some distance"...

Latest