Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    But it proves the predictions of a Brexit economic catastrophe was all scaremongering, if the Bank of England has £250bn available to shield markets, stating that before the referendum would have removed the scaremongering, removed any uncertainty, and allowed voters to make a more balanced decision.
    In fairness, whilst he never specified a figure beforehand he had made it clear that the Bank of England would provide all measures necessary to deal with the market volatility whatever the result was going to be.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Omg whys everything corbyns fault again poor man doesn't get a break lmao

ReputationRep:
    So, we're going to leave the EU but maintain the freedom of movement. Makes sense Vote Leave.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by cuppa)
    Omg whys everything corbyns fault again poor man doesn't get a break lmao
    He should have shared a stage with Cameron. Simple as that. It's not completely his fault, but there was so much more he could and should have done and it's cost us

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    He should have shared a stage with Cameron. Simple as that. It's not completely his fault, but there was so much more he could and should have done and it's cost us

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol. Because that worked so well for Miliband.

It's not Jezza's fault, it's Labour's fault. He could have been true to himself and came out for leave and by doing so claimed back Labour votes from UKIP and been a figure of strength.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Using Jez as a scapegoat... So disappointed.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Lime-man)
    Lol. Because that worked so well for Miliband.

It's not Jezza's fault, it's Labour's fault. He could have been true to himself and came out for leave and by doing so claimed back Labour votes from UKIP and been a figure of strength.
    Corbyn leads Labour. If it's Labour's fault (which it is) it is also Corbyns fault by extension.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    Corbyn leads Labour. If it's Labour's fault (which it is) it is also Corbyns fault by extension.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm by no means a labour fan, but how in the **** was it their fault?!

That's by far the most idiotic thing I've ever heard, your fear campaign didn't work and we saw through your end of the world ********. It was your own fault, why are you blaming everyone else?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    You lost, you tried to scare the euroskeptics into staying and it didn't work. Suck it up.

ReputationRep:
    Lol I guess time will tell to the extent at which this has gone. Just hope inflation doesn't get worse on my end because of this.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Having an argument with Lynne Featherstone on Facebook.

Placing the blame on Labour for the loss of the referendum when it was the fault of the entire remain camp for doing naught but smear and tar the leave campaign.

ReputationRep:
    this is partially a failure of labour.

ReputationRep:
    Having an argument with Lynne Featherstone on Facebook.

Placing the blame on Labour for the loss of the referendum when it was the fault of the entire remain camp for doing naught but smear and tar the leave campaign.
    well the leave campaign didn't have any good arguments so it makes sense to smear them...

I'm a remainer and i have better arguments for leaving the eu than the leavers put out ffs
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by banterboy)
    well the leave campaign didn't have any good arguments so it makes sense to smear them...

I'm a remainer and i have better arguments for leaving the eu than the leavers put out ffs
    Thats why over 50% of the population sympathised with them....

Not yet seen a single remainer accept responsibility for their loss.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    I fear and dread BoJo PM
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    this is partially a failure of labour.
    When you scapegoat like that, it says a lot more about you than them.

Labour were ****, their first mistake was declaring the party position as remain rather than staying neutral.

ReputationRep:
    Thats why over 50% of the population sympathised with them....

Not yet seen a single remainer accept responsibility for their loss.
    Most of the leave vote were dumb as **** northerners who cant string a sentence together, are addicted to drugs and cannot understand abstract concepts.

this is why democracy should be limited and referendums not used. here we've chosen objectively the wrong answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    So, we're going to leave the EU but maintain the freedom of movement. Makes sense Vote Leave.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I doubt we'll end up retaining free movement in the current format but a large quata or something to dress it up is very possible. The priority to me is membership of the single market with freedom from CAP, CFP, ECHR, a reduced net contribution and an opt out from having to accept a single immigrant from new member states like Turkey eventually.

So personally yeah, those who think like me probably are quite willing to concede some way on immigration.

I'm by no means a labour fan, but how in the **** was it their fault?!

That's by far the most idiotic thing I've ever heard, your fear campaign didn't work and we saw through your end of the world ********. It was your own fault, why are you blaming everyone else?
    I do agree that the campaign (project fear) was a big reason for the loss and it seems that British politics have been infected by a refusal to risk selling yourself instead of targeting your competitor.

With that being said though i do think Remain can legitimately blame Lasbour in large part for this, almost across the country the working classes who ordinarily vote Labour basically told their middle class liberal left MP's to go f*** themselves. Labour failed to convince those supporters who read the Express rather than Guardian to vote their way.

(Original post by McRite)
    Lol I guess time will tell to the extent at which this has gone. Just hope inflation doesn't get worse on my end because of this.
    On your end?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Most of the leave vote were dumb as **** northerners who cant string a sentence together, are addicted to drugs and cannot understand abstract concepts.

this is why democracy should be limited and referendums not used. here we've chosen objectively the wrong answer.
    You go from blaming Corbyn to blaming the voters, who you gonna blame next?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad

completely agree with the second line. although as I have stated before a supermajority if referendums would be just and good.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.