Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

• View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    scared

ReputationRep:
    Does any one have the original google drive link to the papers from AQA?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dawideksoltysik)
    Does any one have the original google drive link to the AQA papers?
    I do, but the link is no longer working. I have some 2016 AQA papers though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by avengedabbie)
    if your firm rejects you, is it possible to contact them and change their minds to accept you? I really don't think my grades are going to reflect my potential and i've never wanted something as bad as i want to do this course!
    If Track says unsuccessful then there's no point in ringing - it's difficult to undo a rejection and universities will only send them to UCAS if they're sure

You can ring if you want but be prepared for a short sharp :no:
    (Original post by lottie.13)
    If you don't make your grades and want to phone up your first choice university, do you contact general undergraduate admissions, or do you phone up your subject department directly? Thanks
    Check their website for a clearing/confirmation hotline number - that's the number where all the staff will be (other phone lines are likely to be sent straight to voicemail or not answer or redirect to the hotline).
    The only exception to this is if your university have an "offer holders" or "confirmation" webpage or sent you an email or portal (if they have an applicant portal) message with a different number

ReputationRep:
    I'm feeling oddly calm, almost like I've accepted my fate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dapperblook22)
    I do, but the link is no longer working. I have some 2016 AQA papers though.
    Could you send it to me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QueenBee98)
    I haven't looked at the Grade Boundaries yet and I am so proud... I swore to myself that I wouldn't, and there is no temptation at all! :rofl: :dancing2:
    Lmao,, I suggest u avoid tsr at all costs if u don't wanna look at grade boundaries

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qcomber)
    Are the AQA mark schemes and reports posted yet?
    I second that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dawideksoltysik)
    Could you send it to me?
    I could send you the link, but whoever put the papers up has taken them down . The only AQA 2016 papers I have on hand are C1, C3, M1, D1, D2, FP1 and FP3.

ReputationRep:
    If you don't make your grades and want to phone up your first choice university, do you contact general undergraduate admissions, or do you phone up your subject department directly? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    What the hell just happened? Anyway, here is the one-hour-old thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dapperblook22)
    I could send you the link, but whoever put the papers up has taken them down . The only AQA 2016 papers I have on hand are C1, C3, M1, D1, D2, FP1 and FP3.
    Please could you send me the link, I just need to do something

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexoso)
    Just got an email from Lincoln saying your journey is about to begin, don't tease me like this lads have some respect.
    I'd love an email like that from my firm.

ReputationRep:
    Hi All,

All materials available here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/f...FNPVjJ3OHVmYUE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingLAWZA)
    I'm really into anything with a decent reputation but as long as I get that feel when I visit then I know it's right lolI'm interested in pretty much all of those you sent me, and from my research before my initial application but considering my grades (lets say BCC at a worst case scenario) I doubt many will be achievable?Looking at the website for southampton, it states the grade but would you recommend calling if you are slightly off or wait until they lower it if they wish for universities in general?

I was also interested in A&F as well as Economics prior so would those be easier tto access? (Sorry i'm spamming i'm at work at the moment)
    It's worth a phone call - I'd recommend getting a dead cert or two offers before ringing the riskier ones but universities like Sussex, Essex, Reading are excellent universities that for some reason just don't have the clout/attraction of the bigger russell groups.
    There was also Aston, Glasgow and Goldsmiths if you're up for a slightly bigger city.

I don't know as much about A&F but unlike compsci they're less restricted by lab space for teaching capacity so there's even more chance of a place if a university is looking to fill up
    (Original post by jenny01)
    Say if you did better than you expected, do you have to sign up to adjustment or can you just start to call the unis up?
    There's a button appears on Track if you get accepted onto your firm. If you hit it then you're in adjustment and can contact other universities....if you either don't call or don't take up a place elsewhere then it times out after 5 days
    (Original post by patricio_miguel)
    What does UCAS say if you get into your insurance but NOT your firm?

Does it say "Congratulations! Your place at (insurance) has been confirmed"?

^ that would annoy me lol
    It does congratulate you - UCAS consider any place a good place

ReputationRep:
    Lmao good idea

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lottie.13)
    see
    (Original post by PQ)
    Check their website for a clearing/confirmation hotline number - that's the number where all the staff will be (other phone lines are likely to be sent straight to voicemail or not answer or redirect to the hotline).
    The only exception to this is if your university have an "offer holders" or "confirmation" webpage or sent you an email or portal (if they have an applicant portal) message with a different number
    (Original post by Absent Agent)
    What the hell just happened? Anyway, here is the one-hour-old thread.
    Someone sat on the server at TSR towers

ReputationRep:
    Can someone post a link to Edexcel's grade boundaries?(sorry if this has already been asked)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Optimistsan98)
    Lmao,, I suggest u avoid tsr at all costs if u don't wanna look at grade boundaries
    Ahahaha that is true! IT'S EVERYWHERE! :rofl: but what I have found is the majority of people who are talking about the grade boundaries did subjects such as Maths, Law and Sciences etc. I didn't do any of those, so I think I'm good

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.