Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My application was processed by UCAS on the 13th of january, I got an acknowledgement that's all !!
    I don't wanna be rejected

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by token)
    Anyone in the Gathered Pile will just have to sit tight, until March 10th and onwards.
    why do you say that?
    why march 10th?
    surely it can come earlier?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AverageJo)
    why do you say that?
    why march 10th?
    Yea it can because someone has already got an offer and was shortlisted.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone explain something to me... i applied in november, the day later i got an email saying they had my application- thats all, not a gathered field email and yet i have heard nothing since... is this just because only some courses do the gathered field email thingy?
    Also, has anyone else had and offer/reply for the history course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tigerpop101)
    My application was processed by UCAS on the 13th of january, I got an acknowledgement that's all !!
    They take a while, some people applied on october and only got an acknowledgement too so be prepared to wait "a bit"...

ReputationRep:
    that 3 month rule lse has.. it doesnt really seem to apply if people from october are still waiting..?

(Original post by AverageJo)
    why do you say that?
    why march 10th?
    The result of admission tests for some foreign applicants will be released on March 10th (I think) and LSE could be waiting for these to compare the applications more fairly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tigerpop101)
    Since you applied so recently you may not hear anything for a while..or at least hope you don't hear anything for a while.

ReputationRep:
    Applied on the 17th of December for History, and I'm not in the gathered pile. Is anyone one aware of any history offers yet? Or rejections?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sroo)
    Applied on the 17th of December for History, and I'm not in the gathered pile. Is anyone one aware of any history offers yet? Or rejections?
    I actually don't think I've seen anyone with a rejection/offer for straight History. Check Beef Eater's gathered pile thread on the LSE forum to see if anyone got the gp e-mail.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sroo)
    Im history- im not in the gathered pile and i havent had an offer or a rejection yet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by knowlsyg1)
    Im history- im not in the gathered pile and i havent had an offer or a rejection yet!
    Yay! I'm not alone

ReputationRep:
    If anyone needs to check the gathered pile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=781114

ReputationRep:
    Decided to take AEA in Maths now. Aiming for a Merit, should hopefully achieve it...Distinction considerably less likely. Applying for Econ & Econ History, should I email LSE to let them know of the change?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to be annoying, cba with scrolling back. so general consensus is that the gathered piler's have to wait to end of March-ish to hear? Both my friends who were in the gathered pile last year got rejected a few days before the actual deadline. I actually cannot wait that long!!! Call me impatient..........but being post A-level, the sense of urgency is much greater that last time round...............

ReputationRep:
    today's a rejection day and the tension is unbearable...maybe we shall discus our advices for post-LSE-rejection trauma treatment I say, get drunk rofl...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcelbandur)
    today's a rejection day and the tension is unbearable...maybe we shall discus our advices for post-LSE-rejection trauma treatment I say, get drunk rofl...
    True, but I woke up yesterday with a sense of dread that I'd already been rejected (looked at the clock and it was past noon). But yes, tense tense times. Everytime I get a random e-mail I get terrified.

ReputationRep:
    getting drunk sounds like the perfect solution to me ... at least for one night. after that we could all turn emo (but that would be quite annoinyg so better not^^) ...
    dreading to open my emial account at 12&5 today ... :/

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everybody for today!

ReputationRep:
    yeah good luck for everyone still waiting to here back. i got an offer from lse for maths and econ 2009 entry but am not sure if i will take it yet. i havent been to look round yet but has anyone visited both lse and ucl? are they similar? ive heard they have the same vibe.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 24, 2009
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.