The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by T.Adams VI
Next season I want to see:

IN:

Lansbury, Frimpong, Coquelin, Emmanuel-Thomas and Ramsey.

OUT:

Diaby, Squillaci, Denilson, Rosicky.

We might as well gel it up tbfh.

I still think Diaby has a place at Arsenal but I agree with the others being shipped out. They have been f*****g awful this season.
Original post by badger-man
I still think Diaby has a place at Arsenal but I agree with the others being shipped out. They have been f*****g awful this season.

Diaby has had 'potential' for 5 years.

It's not all about talent, look at saviola/kerlon/reyes etc. If you lack a brain, you'll always be ****.

IN:

OUT:

I honestly couldn't agree more!

It's not all about talent, look at saviola/kerlon/reyes etc. If you lack a brain, you'll always be ****.

That's true. I think I'm sympathetic towards him as I keep remembering all the flashes of individual brilliance in which he'd dribble round several players before creating a goal/chance. These have been few and far between recently but I still think we should keep him as a backup/rotation player.
Forgot about Kerlon since he got elbowed for doing his seal dance. He hasn't played in years due to crippled knees :eek4:

Probably finished already tbf.
Every time I read Kerlon I think of Mohamed Kallon. :facepalm2:

He's another who never really lived up to his hype though.
Reply 6926

IN:

OUT:

Add Eboue to that list. As he hasn't been playing people have seemingly forgotten how much of a liability he is. Add to that offers of £10 million have been quoted we can get much better.
Original post by QUWERTY
Add Eboue to that list. As he hasn't been playing people have seemingly forgotten how much of a liability he is. Add to that offers of £10 million have been quoted we can get much better.

Eboue is a good cover for right-back. It is just that when he is played in midfield he starts to think he is Messi and does stupid things which give the ball away.

I wouldn't say no if reyes wanted to come back.. :dontknow:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6929

IN:

OUT:

that would just make us weaker tbh, ramsey should be eased in though
Reply 6930
Frimpong is quality. Saw him at the emirates cup, he bossed the match.
Reply 6933
If we signed a centre back this summer my first choice would be Mats Hummels... He has been incredible for dortmund this season.
He has all the attributes to become a great.. He would cost a lot though, but with him, djourou, koscielny and vermaelan, our future will be sorted at CB!
(edited 13 years ago)
That's not wumming, if anything he was saying they are aiming to be where Arsenal are now.

"The fans certainly noticed it as well. You could hear them at the end, chanting: 'are you watching Arsenal?'

"It is great for the club because they have been above us for a number of years and it is nice to go one step further.

"We have wanted to get as close to Arsenal as possible.

"They are still ahead of us in the league, but we are getting a lot closer and soon we will be above them in the league.

"Hopefully, we'll keep doing better than them in the Champions League as well."
Soon we will be above them in the league? Lolwut?
I'll make a bet with anyone that tottenham will not be in the champions league for at least the next FIVE years.
Btw, I think the last few games have shown how badly we are affected when Song is out. Cesc's absence is also, obviously, massive but I think Song was sorely missed vs Barca and United too. He brings some steel to our midfield and his quick feet give us so much assurance, whereas Denilson and Diaby utterly fail to provide that. They're also poor defenders. Koscielny and Djourou are fine players but they look vulnerable without Song in front of them. Imo we really need to either get Frimpong strong enough to start in important games or buy a backup DM this summer.
I'll make a bet with anyone that tottenham will not be in the champions league for at least the next FIVE years.

i bet we are in it again before you win something

:deal:
The same Peter Crouch who has half as many Premier League goals as Alex Song this season? :mmm:

Latest