Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gozatron)
    Urgh PLEASE can people stop clapping after lectures...
    THIS!!!! In my previous degree, no one EVER clapped. It is rather annoying. For guest lecturers, yes a round of applause is always needed but not for your everyday lecturer :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Meh, if the majority are doing it, just leave and deal with it :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)
    Meh, if the majority are doing it, just leave and deal with it :p:
    I deal with it by moaning on TSR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)
    Nah love it - in first year and second year it helps you work out the good lecturers as they always got a really good clap
    Or the ones who are **** and get the sarcastic applause.

Urgh, i hate it! Would you have clapped your teachers after a lesson at sixth form?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Future)
    Ok so I decided to do some work as I can't sleep. We have to write a reflective piece. I have not really done a proper reflective piece before. I have done some in the past but basically wrote a load of blah, but this one actually gets marked and I have no idea how to reflect .

I have tried to Google: how to reflect.
    Any tips?

Help
    This is the structure we are told to use:
    What happened?
    How did it make me feel? :yucky:
    So what?
    Now what?
    If I was to do it again, how would I do it differently?

This does assume you are talking more about an experience. If it's more about legislation, I used to do:
    What is it?
    What's the background?
    How does this affect me?
    How does this affect the profession?
    How does this affect the public (and it's view of us/NHS)?

ReputationRep:
    at our uni it's the really shocking lectures that get a clap, kind of a mutual "god that was ****e" moment

ReputationRep:
    Meh haven't been in lately, ibsc beckons...

In a patient with a scalely rash on the arms, looks thin and a watery diarrhhoea, with low amts what's the diagnosis? (I missed it at the time)...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wangers)
    Meh haven't been in lately, ibsc beckons...

In a patient with a scalely rash on the arms, looks thin and a watery diarrhhoea, with low amts what's the diagnosis? (I missed it at the time)...
    My guess would be B3 deficiency, 'Pellagra'... Remember with the Ds - Diarrhoea, Dermatitis, Dementia and Death (uh-ho).

Looking thin = malnutrition = vitamin deficiency

ReputationRep:
    I freaking hate SSCs. I need to keep reiterating this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tech)
    My guess would be B3 deficiency, 'Pellagra'... Remember with the Ds - Diarrhoea, Dermatitis, Dementia and Death (uh-ho).

Looking thin = malnutrition = vitamin deficiency
    Absolutly, I completly missed the dx, wasn't thinking of it, my thoughts were elderly pt, malnourished ?cehcexia confused and with diahhorrea. All of which are sadly fairly common in hospital. + a rash, which I'd never seen before. I thought ?ezcama. He diddnt have Cassels though.

ReputationRep:
    Regarding the clapping of lecturers at the end of a lecture, we do often get that classic med school scenario whereby the lecturer's just given the most boring, uninspiring lecture ever and at the end asks, "Any questions?"

To which most of us start clapping before the keenos at the front start asking questions and prolonging the agony

ReputationRep:
    Baby, you're so hot, you denature my proteins
    "Let me be your helicase so that I could unzip your jeans".. awful

nobody ever clapped in my year, join us with the GEPs in third year and you pretty much get claps after each lecture :mad:

Ok so I decided to do some work as I can't sleep. We have to write a reflective piece. I have not really done a proper reflective piece before. I have done some in the past but basically wrote a load of blah, but this one actually gets marked and I have no idea how to reflect .

I have tried to Google: how to reflect.
    Any tips?

Help
    a brief description of the situation, how it made you feel, how did you react, what you learnt, how will this experience change your practice in the future.. I have reflected waaaay too much in this degree.

ReputationRep:
    Creative writing. We literally have to do creative writing, with illustrations, as part of our comm skills module. I may submit some quite disturbing crayon scribbles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by graemematt)
    Regarding the clapping of lecturers at the end of a lecture, we do often get that classic med school scenario whereby the lecturer's just given the most boring, uninspiring lecture ever and at the end asks, "Any questions?"

To which most of us start clapping before the keenos at the front start asking questions and prolonging the agony
    I think it's even worse when you have 4 different lecturers in a span of 4 hours. By the time you get to the last lecture, we are all too excited to leave that we forget to clap. It gets so awkward because obviously the lecturer is expecting us to clap and you can hear a pin drop and then someone makes a move - cue stampede out the door. Still remember we had one lecture where we didn't clap and was waiting for the next lecturer to come in. You could feel the tension in the air...someone finally clapped (very slowly)...and then maybe 5ish people joined. Felt really bad for the lecturer. (yes it was a very very boring and uninspiring lecture).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fission_Mailed)
    Creative writing. We literally have to do creative writing, with illustrations, as part of our comm skills module. I may submit some quite disturbing crayon scribbles.
    Sounds like good preparation for Foundation Programme applications....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Crash)
    Sounds like good preparation for Foundation Programme applications....
    Do you think I'd be able to fill out my FPAS forms in crayon?

ReputationRep:
    We as a year tend to clap, for the very least out of respect for the lecturer, they're very rarely so bad they don't receive one.

ReputationRep:
    Been off TSR for so long...
    • PS Helper

(Original post by Mushi_master)
    I freaking hate SSCs. I need to keep reiterating this.
    Agreed! They are such a mission How is 3rd year going?!

ReputationRep:
    Gotta do some **** about inter-professional learning. Some online forum with nursing/physio/social work etc students and online e-tivities about a fictional street :facepalm2:

We've also had two lectures about how to search a journal database. Keeping in mind that we're all graduates. I wont even mention the afternoon that we spent having a group discussion to define what it meant to be 'ethnic'.

As much as I love my medical school, they have weird priorities sometimes.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.