This discussion is closed.
Joseppea
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by elitepower)
Thoughts in bold, I`m hoping for Canton to reappear
I'm thinking there's going to be some sort of reference to Silence in the Library concerning Donna etc. If not, it would be a bit random for her to just appear again :confused: I'm not complaining though, I loved Donna.

Though I imagine the TV guide was just wrong.
elitepower
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Joseppea)
I'm thinking there's going to be some sort of reference to Silence in the Library concerning Donna etc. If not, it would be a bit random for her to just appear again :confused: I'm not complaining though, I loved Donna.

Though I imagine the TV guide was just wrong.
Well there has been rumors of truely unexpected guests so maybe it is a brief cameo/flashback footage? I think the Silence in the Library reference should meantion Rivers death, I never understood why the Doctor was happy with Rivers identity. His best friends daughter is dead but if Donna did appear, at least RIver has a reason for knowing about her.
jojospacemunky
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
not sure if this can be posted in here but from the christmas special

Spoiler:
Show

source - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-15072495 < from where the pic in the spoiler is taken from
sleekchic
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
Hello.
I'm replying here because I can't send any PMs but I don't know if I'll be able because I'm not sure I'll have the internet over the weekend.
Ape Gone Insane
Badges: 15
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Doctor Who Confidential axed by BBC
Sophie...
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
One of the few BBC Three programs I watched. It was interesting to find out how things were done, interviews and so on. Shame
Pandora.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm not bothered either way if I'm honest, but I think it should have been kept and reduced back down to 15 minutes (which I think it was originally?). I think 45 minutes was a bit too long.

EDIT: Oh no, I was wrong. It was originally 30 minutes. I think 15 would have been far better though.
Dinendal Leralonde
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
A spokeswoman for the BBC said: "Doctor Who Confidential has been a great show for BBC3 over the years but our priority now is to build on original British commissions, unique to the channel."
Funny that, because I thought DWC was an original British commision, and I sure as hell don't see it on any other channels...
SirMasterKey
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Sad news. Got to agree with some comments on the article. Perhaps a shorter version would have been better. I didn't want to see Arthur Darvill go swim with sharks or Karen drive. I want to see about the actual show.
Mr.Messy
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't watch confidential week in week out, but its got its interesting tidbits worth seeing. Contributes a lot towards Doctor Who GIFs aswell, shame to see it go.
Pandora.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Might be of interest to you all. Nothing new (definately not! ), but fun seeing as though it took me a while to realise who it was:
sleekchic
Report 7 years ago
"I'm sure some people will spin this to blame Steven Moffat for "ruining Doctor Who"
SirMasterKey
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by sleekchic)
"I'm sure some people will spin this to blame Steven Moffat for "ruining Doctor Who"
Bit unfair as it is hardly his fault. I hope people don't otherwise, what the fudge?
Ape Gone Insane
Badges: 15
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
If by people you mean Daily Mail, then I'm sure they are preparing the story as we speak. :pierre:
jojospacemunky
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i guess you wrote this as well on the guardian comments as i have seen exact quote on there when reading the article, i have submitted my dismay at the cuts to the beeb esp when they will keep ****e like young, dumb and living off mum on air a programme like many others they PAY people to appear on!
TheCrackInTime
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Who's bright idea was that?
Supermassive_muse_fan
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TheCrackInTime)
Who's bright idea was that?
Why can't the BBC axe something like 16 and pregnant or some other rubbish like that.
Joseppea
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Supermassive_muse_fan)
Why can't the BBC axe something like 16 and pregnant or some other rubbish like that.
What I posted on the other thread concerning DW Confidential:

"Doctor Who Confidential has been a great show for BBC3 over the years but our priority now is to build on original British commissions, unique to the channel."

WHAT?! Doctor Who isn't a British commission?! (Though not made on BBC3 I guess) :s

Last time I checked Wilfred wasn't either...

(Or Family Guy, but they can't take Family Guy away from me :zomg: )

IMHO maybe just axe World's Craziest Fools or Lee Nelson? Besides, Confidential surely cannot cost that much to create...
sleekchic
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by jojospacemunky)
i guess you wrote this as well on the guardian comments as i have seen exact quote on there when reading the article, i have submitted my dismay at the cuts to the beeb esp when they will keep ****e like young, dumb and living off mum on air a programme like many others they PAY people to appear on!
I didn't.

I just copied it off The Guardian site.
jojospacemunky
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I didn't.

I just compied it off The Guardian site.
oh lolz hehe
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.8%
No - but I will (102)
7.68%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.85%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (633)
47.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise