view next
Mackay
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by jam277)
Isco will get dropped but I like him deep. Seems to offer a lot more to the play than Khedira. No need for Khedira there anymore with Kroos anyway. Ran most miles today which is essentially Khedira's main strength.
Khedira's been linked with a move away for so long. Surely can't be much longer 'til he's shipped out.

Madrid have a habit of under appreciating these types of players. They are crucial. Makelele, Cambiasso, Diarra, Xabi Alonso were all shipped out for more flamboyant players.
jam277
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Khedira isn't good enough though. It's not a comparable situation to Xabi Alonso or Diarra/Makalele. Diarra was frequently picked ahead of him for clasicos under Mourinho e.g.
jam277
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Good ball from Torres to Godin to help win the pen. Sissoko should have been sent off. Red Card challenge every day of the week.

Torres seems to be a good second striker doing the work on the wing but he cannot play as the main striker for Atlético. Doesn't have good enough hold up play or pace to get in behind. Got good link up though.
Zander01
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Uh oh wonder if Messi is going to start going through his chipping the keeper phase again
CB91
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Zander01)
Uh oh wonder if Messi is going to start going through his chipping the keeper phase again

Im not complaining if he is.

Two fantastic goals tonight, Suarez and Busquets have been a crap though.

Another 'pure' hattrick.
Mackay
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Lol @ that own goal.
Mackay
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
From Bleacher Report...

During the match, Suarez appeared to be caught on camera reportedly reeling off some comments about Gimenez's mother that were, let's just say, less than flattering about the woman who brought him into the world.

The Suarez-Gimenez exchange, as translated by 101 Great Goals, was reported to have gona as follows:

Suarez: Josema! Your mother’s c***/m**********r!

Gimenez: Hey you pushed me first.

Suarez: I pushed you, I didn’t hit you. I only pushed you, you son of a b****. Your mother’s a w****.
jam277
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

I just can't get enough of Luis Suárez.
Mackay
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

I just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
I'm guilty as well.
Mackay
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Lol, wtf: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ter-losing-bet
jam277
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/soccer-...5896--sow.html

Oh ****. Atlético are gonna become a force now then. La liga in general looks to overtake the prem now too. We now have Valencia and Atlético with cash injections from major investors. I highly doubt the guy is there to simply make money out of the club since it's in massive debt as it is(although the debts are clearing) so we now have a major competitor. Nice to see a potential big 3. Had a feeling Atlético weren't going to go away.
jit987
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Tonight will be another tasty game
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/soccer-...5896--sow.html

Oh ****. Atlético are gonna become a force now then. La liga in general looks to overtake the prem now too. We now have Valencia and Atlético with cash injections from major investors. I highly doubt the guy is there to simply make money out of the club since it's in massive debt as it is(although the debts are clearing) so we now have a major competitor. Nice to see a potential big 3. Had a feeling Atlético weren't going to go away.
It values Atletico at only £170mil (since the 20% stake was bought for a £34mil investment).

It's an investment by a company rather than an individual (although the rich individual owns the company) so I don't think it will be a sugar daddy type scenario?
jam277
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Zerforax)
It values Atletico at only £170mil (since the 20% stake was bought for a £34mil investment).

It's an investment by a company rather than an individual (although the rich individual owns the company) so I don't think it will be a sugar daddy type scenario?
Maybe so. You'd think with all the current success they're having on the pitch that they'll attract more investors though. Or maybe the lower investment is there so that the company that owns them are willing to spend money, so devaluing the stock of the company means more money for them to actually spend on the team or maybe a case of taking on some of the liabilities? Ken bate e.g. bought Chelsea's shares for a pound.

Also the team Value of Atlético Madrid is $328M which equates to €282M according to forbeshttp://www.forbes.com/teams/atletico-de-madrid/. So it's probably a case of him taking on liabilities and debts. If you look at the debt/value % Atlético are on 66% while PSG e.g. are on 5%, Chelsea and Bayern are on 0% too.
Zerforax
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Maybe so. You'd think with all the current success they're having on the pitch that they'll attract more investors though. Or maybe the lower investment is there so that the company that owns them are willing to spend money, so devaluing the stock of the company means more money for them to actually spend on the team or maybe a case of taking on some of the liabilities? Ken bate e.g. bought Chelsea's shares for a pound.

Also the team Value of Atlético Madrid is $328M which equates to €282M according to forbeshttp://www.forbes.com/teams/atletico-de-madrid/. So it's probably a case of him taking on liabilities and debts. If you look at the debt/value % Atlético are on 66% while PSG e.g. are on 5%, Chelsea and Bayern are on 0% too.
Well I think they should get more sponsors but not sure about more investors? Success isn't guaranteed for long. There's so much leakage from football clubs that it's not a viable business strategy or model.

Yep if he's taken a 20% stake then he's got exposure to their debt.
jam277
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Well I think they should get more sponsors but not sure about more investors? Success isn't guaranteed for long. There's so much leakage from football clubs that it's not a viable business strategy or model.

Yep if he's taken a 20% stake then he's got exposure to their debt.
It depends, if somebody like Abramovich wants a toy club, a team like Atlético would be a good choice, it's already a team that's guaranteed top 4 with the strength of it's squad, it's a potential CL challenger, all it needs is some investment in a few areas and it's as good as the likes of Bayern, Madrid and Barca.
Zerforax
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It depends, if somebody like Abramovich wants a toy club, a team like Atlético would be a good choice, it's already a team that's guaranteed top 4 with the strength of it's squad, it's a potential CL challenger, all it needs is some investment in a few areas and it's as good as the likes of Bayern, Madrid and Barca.
The TV rights in Spain are a huge issue (due to FFP) - Atletico make 1/3 of what Real Madrid and Barcelona do.

Think Atletico still have huge debts too. Some 100mil euros to the tax authorities and probably more to other creditors too.

The current squad is great but we've seen how quickly they can be picked apart.
jam277
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The current squad is great but we've seen how quickly they can be picked apart.
What do you mean here?
Zerforax
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What do you mean here?
A good squad like Atletico Madrid's can be picked apart quickly by clubs with more money - Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus, Bayern Munich, PSG - all can offer big transfer fees and bigger wages.
jam277
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Interesting game so far.

Smells like a 0-0 though.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (133)
18.42%
No (438)
60.66%
Not really bothered about them (151)
20.91%

Watched Threads