The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6920
Original post by Where'sPerry?
AQA BIOL5 - 67/100 for A*??? Is it always that low?

I wish my grade boundaries were that low :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6921
I really want to see the edexcel AS history grade boundaries!
Original post by ColourDog
what exam board? AQA for example have an UMS converter

OCR
Original post by alexSH
I did CIE GCSE and got
English Language B (77%)
English Literature B (76%)
80% is an A

Is there point of remarking?
Also when can I resit these exams can I resit in November?
Thanks

Wrong thread dude.
have any markschemes for OCR been released,for MEI C1,S1,C2,F321,F322 and F322 yet ? If so i'd be grateful if you could link me to them - thankyou! :smile:
Reply 6925
Hmmm I think aqa chem 2 grade boundaries were pretty high
Original post by Robbie242
does anyone know how to get exact ums to a mark? lets say if I predicted 54/60 for an exam how would I predict the ums given that 49 was an A and 60 was 100ums?

What is the B boundary? I can work it out for you
Original post by Llewellyn
What is the B boundary? I can work it out for you

B is 44/60 and just to recap 49/60 for an A and 60/60 for 100ums. Also a nice formula for calculating given these 3 variables would be helpful in the future! thanks Ll
Reply 6928
I did CIE and got
English Language B (77%)
English Literature B (76%)
80% is an A

Is there point of remarking?
Also when can I resit these exams can I resit in November?
Thanks
B is 44/60 and just to recap 49/60 for an A and 60/60 for 100ums. Also a nice formula for calculating given these 3 variables would be helpful in the future! thanks Ll

If you're looking at Chemistry then 60/60 is 90UMS...
Original post by Zaphod77
If you're looking at Chemistry then 60/60 is 90UMS...

economics...
Original post by krishkmistry
have any markschemes for OCR been released,for MEI C1,S1,C2,F321,F322 and F322 yet ? If so i'd be grateful if you could link me to them - thankyou! :smile:

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/142071-unit-level-raw-mark-grade-boundaries-june-2013.pdf
AS history maybe?

Yes, all AS. I don't think knowing the grade boundary will help me predict what I'm getting tomorrow for history, because for essay subjects you never can really tell.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

I've shown this on the grade boundary thread but you can say
70% is 44
80% is 49
90% is therefore 49 + (49-44) = 54
100% is 59.

Btw, the OCR 100% raw mark column isn't the 100% UMS boundaries, they are just showing the theoretical maximum mark in each unit.
Reply 6935
Just need wjec foreconomics now,they're so slow! My aqa subjects aren't too bad I guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by barnj052
I wish my grade boundaries were that low :frown:

Are your boundaries bad? :frown: I am seriously shocked about BIOL5 but pleased, I need it to get into uni. I wasn't happy with the Edexcel maths boundaries yesterday though :tongue:
Original post by Vinster
Just need wjec foreconomics now,they're so slow! My aqa subjects aren't too bad I guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile

WJEC grade boundaries aren't released today.

Edexcel grade boundaries look like they will be released at midnight.
Reply 6939
Please can somebody explain these grade boundaries that have been published today?.. I always get confused. My exam boards are OCR & AQA. Thanks!!

Latest