Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rik108)
    Its a shame ruining such a great player. Hes 27. Midfielders have such a long playing time at a high level unlike strikers. But honestly i dont think he will go this is all just bull****. Wenger wouldn't allow it, u can argue against what ive said but wenger hasn't quoted himself we declined cesc. for all we know he could be back at the emirates.
    Having said all of that if he does go, i reiterate he can go to hell and so can the arsenal board.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol , according to Wayne Vesey (who works for Goal, huge pinch of salt required)

City & Chelsea offered a bid of £28.4m and we opted not to match it. Also he claims Arsene wants Cesc but isn't prepared to pay £28.4m for him as we as reluctant to buy two £30m+ players this summer.

Like I've been saying, it will be Wenger's fault if he ends up at CFC.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Tim Payton has done his AST duty of going over the books and claims we have in the region of £100m to £120m ON players AND £20m to £25m to cover extra wages for those players that would come in.

GET TO WORK ARSENE!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    Tim Payton has done his AST duty of going over the books and claims we have in the region of £100m to £120m ON players AND £20m to £25m to cover extra wages for those players that would come in.

GET TO WORK ARSENE!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If that's true the Arsene and/or the board have absolutely no reason not to buy cesc - even at £30m.

Cesc - £30m
    Striker - £40-45m
    DM - £25m
    Backup GK - £5m (Wengernomics)
    RB - £15m

Total = approx £120m

And bobs your uncle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rik108)
    Its a shame ruining such a great player. Hes 27. Midfielders have such a long playing time at a high level unlike strikers. But honestly i dont think he will go this is all just bull****. Wenger wouldn't allow it, u can argue against what ive said but wenger hasn't quoted himself we declined cesc. for all we know he could be back at the emirates.
    Having said all of that if he does go, i reiterate he can go to hell and so can the arsenal board.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I agree - look at Gerrard or pirlo as examples that you can still be great even at the end of your career

There's no reason why wenger shouldn't but fabregas, as long as he has the funds for it.
    The kind of price he is going for is an excellent buy

ReputationRep:
    All you do with a midfielder is train him in a new position? How hard is that to do?

All I'd say is that having Fabregas beats having Mikel on my team. Fabregas probably would beat having Mikel on your team. Although I like Arteta, he's spanish and I love my spanish guys.

ReputationRep:
    Why is it always us with the damn petitions :facepalm:

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petition...twitter_mobile

(Original post by jam278)
    All you do with a midfielder is train him in a new position? How hard is that to do?

All I'd say is that having Fabregas beats having Mikel on my team. Fabregas probably would beat having Mikel on your team. Although I like Arteta, he's spanish and I love my spanish guys.
    Your sig begs, allow it.

ReputationRep:
    Rumours starting up about us wanting to sign Insigne

ReputationRep:
    I don't get why you'd go for Insigne, would be a good buy but I just don't see it tbh.
    Your sig begs, allow it.
    Minor ini.

I ain't even anti-arsenal. I just like that photo and I like the post, they made me chuckle.

ReputationRep:
    We've got our first signing: elias chatzitheodoridis

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Backup GK ~ £5m
    Serge Aurier ~ £7m
    Javi Martinez ~ £30m
    Antoine Griezmann ~ £18m
    Mario Balotelli/Mandzukic ~ £25m

Total ~ £85m

Sell Vela's clause for approx. £12m

Total ~ £73m

Perfect window.

If the £12m for Vela's clause is bull****, however, just sign Vela. Obviously if these targets arent available, replace them with someone else in that position (Martinez for Bender/Khedira/Schneiderlin, Griezmann for Insigne/Vela/Sanchez/Pedro, etc.).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Will-2609)
    Backup GK ~ £5m
    Serge Aurier ~ £7m
    Javi Martinez ~ £30m
    Antoine Griezmann ~ £18m
    Mario Balotelli/Mandzukic ~ £25m

Total ~ £85m

Sell Vela's clause for approx. £12m

Total ~ £73m

Perfect window.

If the £12m for Vela's clause is bull****, however, just sign Vela. Obviously if these targets arent available, replace them with someone else in that position (Martinez for Bender/Khedira/Schneiderlin, Griezmann for Insigne/Vela/Sanchez/Pedro, etc.).
    javi martinez 30m uve gotta be ****in kidding me
    griezmann 18m uve gotta be ****in kidding me
    balotelli uve gotta be ****in kiddin me theres a reason all his ****ing clubs always sell him

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you just sign Vela for 2.5M.

In what world is paying 18M for Griezmann and losing your right to a 2.5M release clause of a 20M pound better(so essentially paying 30M for Griezmann) than paying 2.5M for a player who already played for your club and is only 2 years older than Griezmann and has had just as good a season as Griezmann...

If you were Wenger in charge of Arsenal, who would you buy? It's clear that it would be Vela, not Griezmann. Are you just saying griezmann because he's a young frenchman who plays on the wing? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baconbutty)
    javi martinez 30m uve gotta be ****in kidding me
    griezmann 18m uve gotta be ****in kidding me
    balotelli uve gotta be ****in kiddin me theres a reason all his ****ing clubs always sell him
    This.

He's saying that getting rid of Vela's release clause will cost 12M for Sociedad. So essentially it's 30M for Griezmann. Makes more sense but it's terrible business. The type Arsene Wenger would never do.

Javi Martinez well he's the second most expensive DM/CB in history, he's going to cost 40M or close to that. Even though he's not leaving anyway.

Balotelli, well I don't get why people are loving Balotelli, he is a good player but **** me he's an idiot. He's this generations Antonio Cassano.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    I don't get why you'd go for Insigne, would be a good buy but I just don't see it tbh.

Minor ini.

I ain't even anti-arsenal. I just like that photo and I like the post, they made me chuckle.
    He can play Left/Right Winger which would be very handy. But he's a Napoli Boy through and through so it'd be difficult to get him.

GET TO WORK ARSENE!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It is June......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    He can play Left/Right Winger which would be very handy. But he's a Napoli Boy through and through so it'd be difficult to get him.
    Yes I know, but I don't see why you'd get him.

He's going to cost at least 25M, he's playing for his boyhood club, they've won a cup like you have this season and have made champions league football, there is also not a major difference in quality between the two sides. Only thing you could offer him is more money and it's not like Napoli are in the **** financially.

I guess if you got Insigne/LW that's got world class potential, a striker and a DM + RB then you're set to go for the title and a good CL run but I can guarantee you that Wenger will fail to strengthen these positions. Quote me at the end of the window. Wenger will dither and play people out of position again this season.

ReputationRep:
    hearing we're not getting aurier, which angers/confuses me a little. seems like the perfect replacement for sagna, solid in defence and will add something different in attack. we could get him cheap and he clearly wants to come here. i don't see any better options than him, but maybe wenger has something in mind.

i'd also love to see vela back here, always rated him before and i think he's what were missing right now. could provide an option up front or could play on the left. although it seems he doesn't really want to come back as he was unhappy here before.

even if we don't get these two, i trust wenger to buy well this window.

ReputationRep:

GET TO WORK ARSENE!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tim Payton is an absolute tool. The guy is an embarrassment to himself and the AST

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesandwhat)
    hearing we're not getting aurier, which angers/confuses me a little. seems like the perfect replacement for sagna, solid in defence and will add something different in attack. we could get him cheap and he clearly wants to come here. i don't see any better options than him, but maybe wenger has something in mind.

i'd also love to see vela back here, always rated him before and i think he's what were missing right now. could provide an option up front or could play on the left. although it seems he doesn't really want to come back as he was unhappy here before.

even if we don't get these two, i trust wenger to buy well this window.
    I think Arsene wants someone older so they don't get in the way of Jenkinson's progress, if he signs Aurier, he kills The Corporal.

Would make sense as to why we were linked with Uchida a few weeks back.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Apparently we've had a 6m bid rejected for David Marshall.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Transfer windows:

Especially for Arsenal fans, it's like being a Jewish kid on Christmas day :mad:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.