Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Any medical interviews yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pecora)
    Rejection from Catz, CompSci.
    I feel like I'm in the same boat as you! I did awful in the MAT and honestly it'd just be a relief to get that email so I can finally move on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Orangemonkey1)
    No I haven't got the dates yet. From the email I understand we don't do the survey until they tell us the day??
    I haven't got my timetable yet, but the email says we need to complete the survey by Wednesday. I am so confused now... How about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by canboys)
    I feel like I'm in the same boat as you! I did awful in the MAT and honestly it'd just be a relief to get that email so I can finally move on
    Haha, yes, it was SUCH a relief! I had no expectations as I can't afford Oxford anyway.
    I had my LAMDA exam today and it went great so the email really didn't affect me that much. My MAT was also terrible and I believe that's what got me the rejection.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pecora)
    Haha, yes, it was SUCH a relief! I had no expectations as I can't afford Oxford anyway.
    I had my LAMDA exam today and it went great so the email really didn't affect me that much. My MAT was also terrible and I believe that's what got me the rejection.
    Honestly though I think that it's amazing that you have enough self-confidence to take this in your stride and share it with everyone on here I always think that applying to unis like Oxbridge is a bit like a lottery... everyone is so great that there will be tons of awesome people that don't made it... and tons of not so awesome ones that do

Best of luck with everything else! And I'm so happy that your LAMDA exam went well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by se123888)
    Did you get an email also?
    No I didn't. Apparently Oxford haven't accepted email yet as a form of communication-typical.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard back from Balliol? I applied for Biomed and, funnily enough, the only other person at my school also applying for Biomed chose Balliol - she hasn't heard anything either...

ReputationRep:
    For the people with interview offers - how long are you staying in Oxford? What are you bringing?

ReputationRep:
    It's really not a myth - the admissions officer came into school and told me himself. He actually said that Ox look more at GCSEs and Cam look more at AS results. I've also heard that from admissions tutors at Wadham, Brasenose and outreach staff. Sometimes it's best to believe what you hear!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard anything for Theology yet?

Also what are you bringing to interview? Does anyone know what 'events' happen during the interview process or what I should expect?

Good luck to everyone!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard back from Worcester for Computer Science??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Il Faraone)
    Anyone heard back from Worcester for Computer Science??
    I know that some Comp Sci applicants at Oriel have heard, same with some for St Catz. But I haven't heard anything back from Univ and I don't think Worcester have started either.

It's driving me crazy

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard from Mansfield for PPE?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mazzaion)
    For the people with interview offers - how long are you staying in Oxford? What are you bringing?
    I'm staying for the 8th til the 11th...
    In the same boat as you in regards to what to bring - I'm not sure... All the usual stuff, clothes, money etc but do we have access to say, the gym or tennis courts?
    Feel underprepared 😂

ReputationRep:
    If you get pooled to a different college, does anyone know if that happens before of after interview? In other words will my interview definitely be at the college i applied for, and then change later, or will my invite come from another college?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drinky97)
    I'm staying for the 8th til the 11th...
    In the same boat as you in regards to what to bring - I'm not sure... All the usual stuff, clothes, money etc but do we have access to say, the gym or tennis courts?
    Feel underprepared 😂
    What college are you staying at? I'm coming on the exact same dates! I'm wondering about schoolwork too, I don't quite know how long exactly I'll have to study especially since I don't want to shut myself off but I do still have to catch up on some schoolwork...

And my college hasn't given me any other information than the interview dates

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123yaaaay)
    If you get pooled to a different college, does anyone know if that happens before of after interview? In other words will my interview definitely be at the college i applied for, and then change later, or will my invite come from another college?
    Once you've been reallocated to another college, your info should all be coming from them (as if you'd applied there in the first place) - you'll be told before interview if you've been reallocated to somewhere else. And even if you're staying at the college you originally applied to, it's normal to have an interview at another college too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mazzaion)
    What college are you staying at? I'm coming on the exact same dates! I'm wondering about schoolwork too, I don't quite know how long exactly I'll have to study especially since I don't want to shut myself off but I do still have to catch up on some schoolwork...

And my college hasn't given me any other information than the interview dates
    I'm the exact same dates too! At St. John's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonwithnoname)
    Brasenose, which (based on the admittedly small sample size of TSR) seems to be hopelessly oversubscribed this year as usual :'
    Same! Oh I totally agree. Arghh makes me nervous haha.

Have you received an interview?

ReputationRep:
    Will we have access to the library in college and such? I'd love to be nosey and snoop around the college. Are we restricted to our rooms, JCR and the hall or can we have a nose around? Bit of a strange question but I don't want to intrude on current students as some will probably stay to help out during interview process (I think?).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.