Turn on thread page Beta
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Ings fee to be confirmed within 48 hours.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by mr tim)
    Ings fee to be confirmed within 48 hours.
    Jesus Christ. Why hasn't this been sorted by now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    Crowds naturally will be pushy in tight spaces, its the responsibility of crowd control to stop people going through if it gets too much, TFL does it at Oxford Circus station to stop overcrowding at platforms, if they didn't, would you blame a "few" people for the deaths of people falling into the train tracks or getting crushed?

This is getting nowhere, lets just agree to disagree.
    Btw, it was BeForUr who made that chant post.
    At Wembley they have crowd control to stop people overcrowding Wembley Park station after a match, if they weren't there it'd be mayhem.

There does seem to be an assumption among certain people (on this forum as well) that 15,000 people would just have gone "hang on lads, it's a bit crowded in here" and all moved back out again as one.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Benteke in the squad to face Villarreal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr tim)
    Benteke in the squad to face Villarreal.
    Big opportunity for him to save his LFC career with Origi injured.

Leinad look away now, Villareal will be paying homage to the 96 Hillsborough victims just before kick off tommorow.

ReputationRep:
    Big opportunity for him to save his LFC career with Origi injured.

Leinad look away now, Villareal will be paying homage to the 96 Hillsborough victims just before kick off tommorow.
    He'll be on the bench but I doubt he'll get any game time unless Sturridge is injured (even then it might be Firmino on top).
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I'm looking forward to Ings returning, personally.

I think Klopp knows he needs a big squad. I think he knows he can't do this with 19/20 players, and a relatively small pool. Ings - who is known to be a top pro and a great trainer - is ideal for a fourth choice striker. He'll come in against the bottom five sides, and he'll work his arse off.

We've got Sturridge, Origi - hopefully a new signing - and Firmino who are probably better first choices for a starting berth up top, but Ings can probably play behind the front man across that three-pronged attacking midfield, and he offers utility/versatility.

ReputationRep:
    From what I've heard Villarreal are a very defensive team, Benteke may just redeem himself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Mysterious Lord)
    From what I've heard Villarreal are a very defensive team, Benteke may just redeem himself.
    Yh, they don't concede many goals but they don't score a lot either, we need Sturridge to take whatever chances we have as they won't come very often. Benteke will be our plan B, lets hope he can be our Caroll.

ReputationRep:
    Strange that it's only a personal ban, Legia Warsaw accidentally registered an incorrect player and forfeited the tie against Celtic. I'm a United fan, you did deserve to go through, it just seems strange to me that doping would result in only a personal ban. What if Sakho was man of the match and scored the winner?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    Strange that it's only a personal ban, Legia Warsaw accidentally registered an incorrect player and forfeited the tie against Celtic. I'm a United fan, you did deserve to go through, it just seems strange to me that doping would result in only a personal ban. What if Sakho was man of the match and scored the winner?
    That was the fault of the club rather than the individual for registering an ineligible player. Unless more than one player in a team is involved, doping will always remain the responsibility of the individual who takes it. It's not fair on the rest of the team that they get punished for one of their team mates ****ing up.

ReputationRep:
    That was the fault of the club rather than the individual for registering an ineligible player. Unless more than one player in a team is involved, doping will always remain the responsibility of the individual who takes it. It's not fair on the rest of the team that they get punished for one of their team mates ****ing up.
    It should be at a stage where doping is a negative for the team. My reaction was surprise that the club itself had no repercussions, probably because it sounds like stupidity rather than malice. Find it wrong that a club can benefit if one of their players is caught doping.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    It should be at a stage where doping is a negative for the team. My reaction was surprise that the club itself had no repercussions, probably because it sounds like stupidity rather than malice. Find it wrong that a club can benefit if one of their players is caught doping.
    Surely losing the player for minimum 6 months is punishment enough for the club?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    Surely losing the player for minimum 6 months is punishment enough for the club?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Fair point, would feel incredibly aggrieved if Sakho, say, scored the winner against us to knock us out though. As above while that's fair, somethings not right if the above happened and they were allowed to continue.

ReputationRep:
    The player will get minimum 2 years ban from UEFA, think that is enough punishment for the club don't you think considering that player is their first choice CB.

ReputationRep:
    The player will get minimum 2 years ban from UEFA, think that is enough punishment for the club don't you think considering that player is their first choice CB.
    Yeah, overall in this case the punishment seems adequate.

ReputationRep:
    Had to be on drugs to beat us lel

ReputationRep:
    I believe if 2 players are doping then the club gets punished too.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    But what can you do when the club had no knowledge of it and took action as soon as they did? I do see what you're saying but it's incredibly harsh to sanction the club

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You'll Never Dope Alone

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.