Turn on thread page Beta

Anime Soc Chat XIV: where bad memes come to die watch

ReputationRep:
    Being a teacher at a cram school in Japan would be interesting. The amount of mathematical gymnastics required for entrance examinations in Japan (especially during 1960s-1990s) is on another level from England. (Some questions are here.) Not to say their approach is particularly great but it's fun nevertheless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    the truth comes out when I say silly things :mmm:

:yep: but there arnt many of those pics floating around luckily :erm:

:lolwut:stalker
    :ninja:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
    I wouldn't want a language teacher who could barely speak English... surely Japanese people wouldn't want someone speaking barely any Japanese? I don't get the idea that you can only know one language but be able to teach it properly to people speaking another :wtf:
    Admittedly, the language schools I'm referring to are relatively small in size and are quite happy to employ an English native speaker, regardless of their proficiency of Japanese. It's an added bonus if they look typically western (i.e. white). The standard of the teaching is considered secondary and generally the learner will have an understanding of English beforehand (bearing in mind that learning English at high school level is commonplace for most in Japan). In the case of JET, you're only an assistant to the main teacher, who can speak Japanese fluently. Of course, if a Japanese person chose to learn English at an accredited institution, like a university, the teaching will expectantly be higher, with the teacher usually having undergone a Japanese undergraduate degree beforehand.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Matisse)
    Post about anything you like, that's what I normally do. Something anime and manga related is a bonus. :tongue:
    I'm sure I've mentioned my room flooding, and the rearranging of my shelves that inevitably followed... how much else do you think happens in my day? :confused:

I search for jobs, fail, then lurk on here/the Aberanime forums, go on My Brute once a day, check my emails occasionally, and the rest of the time is spent watching anime (which I post about in the ontopic thread if I feel a series/episode deserves a mention) and reading Dragon Half scanlations or playing through Fighting Fantasy books. Oh, and I watch Golden Balls, something else I've mentioned before.

I could copy and paste that every day until something more interesting happens, but that really would be boring. :p: Though tomorrow I have an interview at the job centre, an unwanted disturbance to my usual routine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    I'm sure I've mentioned my room flooding, and the rearranging of my shelves that inevitably followed... how much else do you think happens in my day? :confused:

I search for jobs, fail, then lurk on here/the Aberanime forums, go on My Brute once a day, check my emails occasionally, and the rest of the time is spent watching anime (which I post about in the ontopic thread if I feel a series/episode deserves a mention) and reading Dragon Half scanlations or playing through Fighting Fantasy books. Oh, and I watch Golden Balls, something else I've mentioned before.

I could copy and paste that every day until something more interesting happens, but that really would be boring. :p: Though tomorrow I have an interview at the job centre, an unwanted disturbance to my usual routine.
    start one piece, its not like you dont have time for it :lolwut:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by vin)
    the truth comes out when I say silly things :mmm:

:yep: but there arnt many of those pics floating around luckily :erm:

:lolwut:stalker
    :rofl:

In terms of stalkers I always imagine vin being quite slim...so if that's the case you're probably safe from Alex...if not he's probably in your room right now... :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    im on a sofa in a corridor:erm:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team

Tis exactly what I do :giggle: A2 math is great... AS math is boring, my job is like a treasure hunt, Diagnosis Murder and Murder she wrote are the best daytime tv shows repeat :yep: and good luck AJ! hope something comes up for you
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by vin)
    start one piece, its not like you dont have time for it :lolwut:
    I'm already watching Trinity Blood and 16 ongoing series, that's enough for me. :yes:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by vin)
    im on a sofa in a corridor:erm:
    Have you checked under the cushions and in the walls? :ninja:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by skipp)
    Tis exactly what I do :giggle: A2 math is great... AS math is boring, my job is like a treasure hunt, Diagnosis Murder and Murder she wrote are the best daytime tv shows repeat :yep: and good luck AJ! hope something comes up for you
    Thank you. It's getting to the point where if I don't get a job soon it'll be hard to fund my masters. :sadnod: Even a temporary job over the Christmas period would be a start, plus the experience would be useful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)
    Have you checked under the cushions and in the walls?
    no theres lots of people around here :afraid:

AJ should screw the rest :erm:

I found a macross f wallpaper to replace this geass one with c.c and lulu sitting on a bench when the sky is orange because the sun is setting ...but it has pizza hut in the corner:wtf:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Thank you. It's getting to the point where if I don't get a job soon it'll be hard to fund my masters. :sadnod: Even a temporary job over the Christmas period would be a start!
    I can't say I envy you...the job market at the moment is dire...and missing out on your masters because of it would be horrific...glad there was some use for me at my dad's company :sadnod: hopefully something'll come through to turn things around :top:
    (Original post by vin)
    no theres lots of people around here :afraid:
    :laugh:

ReputationRep:

Not the best incentive really, but an incentive nonetheless. :tongue:
    There is also another thing...at GCSE I got a D in French, basically my worst result...kind of a pride thing to show I can learn a new language...plus with Japanese I may not have to worry about my slightly loose "s" which I can get overly aware about :o:

Also I've never actively learned any Japanese, but purely from watching anime (and listening to anime themes/J-pop) I've started to recognize phrases and words etc whereas before it was a blur of strangeness.

However while watching 20th century boys last week I did realize I have no clue for the various Kanji/etc...they all mean nothing to me :o:

ReputationRep:
    Admittedly, the language schools I'm referring to are relatively small in size and are quite happy to employ an English native speaker, regardless of their proficiency of Japanese. It's an added bonus if they look typically western (i.e. white). The standard of the teaching is considered secondary and generally the learner will have an understanding of English beforehand (bearing in mind that learning English at high school level is commonplace for most in Japan). In the case of JET, you're only an assistant to the main teacher, who can speak Japanese fluently. Of course, if a Japanese person chose to learn English at an accredited institution, like a university, the teaching will expectantly be higher, with the teacher usually having undergone a Japanese undergraduate degree beforehand.
    I think the one teacher fluent in both method is best...

ReputationRep:
    arg gtg :sigh: CAD thing now, lets hope the guy can actually get the projector to work this time:s:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by vin)
    arg gtg :sigh: CAD thing now, lets hope the guy can actually get the projector to work this time:s:
    Alright, have fun vin-kin :hugs:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Well even in the worst case scenario where I fail to find anything and can't get on my course, I'll be better off financially as I'll still have all the money I've been saving towards it. And I can always apply at a later time, even if I'd much rather go back while there are still people I know studying there. So it's kind of a win-meh situation, certainly not the end of the world if things don't work out as I planned. :nah:

TBH the worst part of it all is the thought of trekking to the job centre for over a year. :afraid: :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Truered)
    There is also another thing...at GCSE I got a D in French, basically my worst result...kind of a pride thing to show I can learn a new language...plus with Japanese I may not have to worry about my slightly loose "s" which I can get overly aware about :o:

Also I've never actively learned any Japanese, but purely from watching anime (and listening to anime themes/J-pop) I've started to recognize phrases and words etc whereas before it was a blur of strangeness.

However while watching 20th century boys last week I did realize I have no clue for the various Kanji/etc...they all mean nothing to me :o:

I got a D in French aswell, so you aren't alone :yep:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Truered)
    That film is awesome. :yes: And ditto to understanding the basics of the spoken language but being clueless about the written. :p:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.