Doctor Who - Discussion Thread II Watch

This discussion is closed.
Dinendal Leralonde
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Pandora.)
Might be of interest to you all. Nothing new (definately not! ), but fun seeing as though it took me a while to realise who it was:
But his name isn't Tom :puppyeyes:
Supermassive_muse_fan
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Joseppea)
What I posted on the other thread concerning DW Confidential:

"Doctor Who Confidential has been a great show for BBC3 over the years but our priority now is to build on original British commissions, unique to the channel."

WHAT?! Doctor Who isn't a British commission?! (Though not made on BBC3 I guess) :s

Last time I checked Wilfred wasn't either...

(Or Family Guy, but they can't take Family Guy away from me :zomg: )

IMHO maybe just axe World's Craziest Fools or Lee Nelson? Besides, Confidential surely cannot cost that much to create...
I thought it was a British commission :/ I don't think it costs that much to create as its not like you're paying people to act or for props/property hire as for other shows - instead you're just filming after people have filmed the show or whilst filming (going all inception here), I could easily walk around with a camcorder on the set talking to the actors if need be...
Bobifier
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
This article contains some intriguing ideas.
SirMasterKey
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Supermassive_muse_fan)
I thought it was a British commission :/ I don't think it costs that much to create as its not like you're paying people to act or for props/property hire as for other shows - instead you're just filming after people have filmed the show or whilst filming (going all inception here), I could easily walk around with a camcorder on the set talking to the actors if need be...
I thought that but I think it was on the Guardian article (or on here), a comment stated how you do actually still need a production team, a script and all those others behind the scenes jobs. Just not as many as an episode of Dr Who would need, so I think it is actually a tiny bit more expensive than people give it credit for.
Supermassive_muse_fan
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by SirMasterKey)
I thought that but I think it was on the Guardian article (or on here), a comment stated how you do actually still need a production team, a script and all those others behind the scenes jobs. Just not as many as an episode of Dr Who would need, so I think it is actually a tiny bit more expensive than people give it credit for.
Oh very true, that had escaped my mind as well. Maybe they're axeing that because its not a seperate show but an extension of Doctor Who. I hope some of the money goes back into Doctor Who to make the episode storylines better
elitepower
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Bobifier)
This article contains some intriguing ideas.
Interesting idea, I never though of the scene like that. But the most asked question is not "Who will river marry?", that is not even in my top five and please DO NOT REWRITE TIME, that will not go down well with me/
sleekchic
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by elitepower)
Interesting idea, I never though of the scene like that. But the most asked question is not "Who will river marry?", that is not even in my top five and please DO NOT REWRITE TIME, that will not go down well with me/
Just to add to that, someone pointed out that in the scene at the end of Closing Time with River in the spacesuit under water, the bubbles and everything makes it look like she's kind of in a wedding dress.

I don't know if I can get a screengrab of it.
Joseppea
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by sleekchic)
Just to add to that, someone pointed out that in the scene at the end of Closing Time with River in the spacesuit under water, the bubbles and everything makes it look like she's kind of in a wedding dress.

I don't know if I can get a screengrab of it.

2:19 onwards.

I sort of see a resemblance... :holmes:
Supermassive_muse_fan
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Joseppea)

2:19 onwards.

I sort of see a resemblance... :holmes:
Can't wait til tomorrow! Especially with some of the starring guests that have been spoilered in prev pages!
The Anti-Hero
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
After the last four episodes and Torchwood, if tomorrow night's episode is a let down I might for the first time in my entire life question my loyalty to Doctor Who.

There, I said it and it feels like a weight off my soul.

It needs to be great.
Moff owes us that much...
SirMasterKey
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
'According to some accounts, it is the day the Doctor dies'

Not all accounts then. :holmes:
Muffinz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Oh my God, this week's confidential was hilarious... I really don't want them to cancel it The skits that Matt and James did are hilarious, especially the one with the crack in the wall xD
Colonel.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
There will be Two Doctors in the finale, I'm certain.

Whether they'll both be Matt Smith, however...
sleekchic
Report 7 years ago
I really hope my ethernet cable arrives by tomorrow or else I won't be able to watch it until next week. :sad:
HereBeDragons
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by sleekchic)
I really hope my ethernet cable arrives by tomorrow or else I won't be able to watch it until next week. :sad:
Thanks, nearly forgot an ethernet cable til you reminded me. There are always advantages to procrastinating on TSR
LastLordofTime
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Another Doctor Who-themed tee is available on Qwertee for the next 2 days.

http://www.qwertee.com/
Bobifier
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Speaking of which, I wonder if we get to find out what was writte on the side of his cot.
intoruins
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I need to know how many Doctors or time streams there are - his clothing (the tux! in Let's Kill Hitler and The Big Bang especially) and inconsistencies in his behaviour are driving me mad.

and hi - newish to the forum and I immediately searched for the DW thread I really have my priorities in place /o\
sheep_go_baa
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Oh my heck, I am so excited :gah:
Friar Chris
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by intoruins)
I need to know how many Doctors or time streams there are - his clothing (the tux! in Let's Kill Hitler and The Big Bang especially) and inconsistencies in his behaviour are driving me mad.

and hi - newish to the forum and I immediately searched for the DW thread I really have my priorities in place /o\
Sonic cane = so cool it begins to crystallise. Got to love the tux as well.

The great-coat is pretty cool, too.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (44)
37.93%
No - but I will (4)
3.45%
No - I don't want to (5)
4.31%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (63)
54.31%

Watched Threads