Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Wenger losing it in his old age "look we have I find personnel. We work on it. City lost yesterday & they have strikers" THEY WON THE BLUDCLART LEAGUE LAST SEASON YOU DUMMY AND THEY ALSO HAVE NINE THOUSAND STRIKERS WE DON'T EVEN HAVE ONE!!

Jesus save us please!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)

PRAISE THE ****ING LORD!!!!
    yes!!!!
    I was watching the interview that quote is misleading he was going on about buying players isn't the answer like 10 seconds before he said that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baconbutty)
    I was watching the interview that quote is misleading he was going on about buying players isn't the answer like 10 seconds before he said that

Nah you're right some ******** writer from Bleacher report wrote " Wenger confirms pursuit of striker" and I got excited too fast

****ing hate journalists and writers for football they're all a bunch of ****ers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Ha! Lol.
    Don't copy his style lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    Do you really think 4th is possible for you? That would require beating Everton, Spurs and Liverpool to it?
    Not too worried about Spurs and Everton, Spurs haven't actually been that good this season. Wins against awful teams, then destroyed when they play a good team. Everton haven't been great either, they're level with us right now.

Liverpool yeah, they'll be tricky to get above. But you have to remember we haven't seen Rafael, Shaw, Carrick, Rojo or Blind yet. Di Maria has played one game, his first since the world cup quarter final, Herrera has played one game. We'll improve a lot.

(Original post by Lúcio)
    united have been unlucky so far tbh.
    arsenal have performed just as badly yet are 3 points clear.

i think arsenal will still get 3rd, united 5th with liverpool in 4th.
    but that's just my biased view of it i guess.
    Yeah I think Arsenal will get 3rd. You're favourites for 4th right now of course, but really we can't say when we've been playing 5 or 6 of our first 11 in our games so far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Don't have to imagine cause that's the situation

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wenger may deliver
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    Not too worried about Spurs and Everton, Spurs haven't actually been that good this season. Wins against awful teams, then destroyed when they play a good team. Everton haven't been great either, they're level with us right now.

Liverpool yeah, they'll be tricky to get above. But you have to remember we haven't seen Rafael, Shaw, Carrick, Rojo or Blind yet. Di Maria has played one game, his first since the world cup quarter final, Herrera has played one game. We'll improve a lot.
    I have to admit that even though you were ridiculous in your transfer fees, you did choose well. What I have seen from Di Maria and Herrera in Utd shirts makes me nervous, and I can't see you totally flopping. That said, you can have an unbelievable attacking line-up, yet still be undone by terrible, terrible defense (a bit like Arsenal a few years ago).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Don't copy his style lol
    sorry, lol!

Yeah I think Arsenal will get 3rd. You're favourites for 4th right now of course, but really we can't say when we've been playing 5 or 6 of our first 11 in our games so far.
    3 games in is always a little silly to start calling it.
    the transfer window hasn't even closed for christ sake.

every team has had more/less difficult games to begin with too
    looking at how difficult our start was, i'm very surprised we're level with city and above arsenal/everton/united
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Do you really think 4th is possible for you? That would require beating Everton, Spurs and Liverpool to it?
    I think Spurs and Everton will focus more on the EL, seeing how the EL winner gets a CL place.

Said at the start of the season it's two from United, Arsenal and Liverpool. Nothing i've seen so far has changed that view.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    united have been unlucky so far tbh.
    arsenal have performed just as badly yet are 3 points clear.

i think arsenal will still get 3rd, united 5th with liverpool in 4th.
    but that's just my biased view of it i guess.
    Yeah I reckon the same. I will probably be totally wrong, but I reckon it will be:

Chelsea
    City
    Arsenal
    Liverpool
    Everton
    Spurs
    Utd

ReputationRep:
    I have to admit that even though you were ridiculous in your transfer fees, you did choose well. What I have seen from Di Maria and Herrera in Utd shirts makes me nervous, and I can't see you totally flopping. That said, you can have an unbelievable attacking line-up, yet still be undone by terrible, terrible defense (a bit like Arsenal a few years ago).
    Our defence has been underrated (although it isn't great). A lot of the problem is they have no protection, so a DM will go a long way to fixing that, look at yesterday we had Fletcher pretty much on his own covering the back 3. Not sure Blind is the answer but he may be the best we get for that.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    I think Spurs and Everton will focus more on the EL, seeing how the EL winner gets a CL place.

Said at the start of the season it's two from United, Arsenal and Liverpool. Nothing i've seen so far has changed that view.
    Fair point, although I cannot see Utd being in contention for Champions League. They may have to go through Europa to get it.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I reckon the same. I will probably be totally wrong, but I reckon it will be:

Chelsea
    City
    Arsenal
    Liverpool
    Everton
    Spurs
    Utd
    Liverpool top 3. Arsenal 4th/5th, lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)

At the expense of 4th? Surely not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    Carvalho not in the Sporting squad for the game against Benfica. Make of that what you will.

Edit: was sold a dream!! He starts lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Brilliant :/
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Our defence has been underrated (although it isn't great). A lot of the problem is they have no protection, so a DM will go a long way to fixing that, look at yesterday we had Fletcher pretty much on his own covering the back 3. Not sure Blind is the answer but he may be the best we get for that.
    Blind will be good for you, but not as good as he needs to be, but I think Van Gaal's arrogance is blinding him to the monumental task. 3-5-2 does not work in the Premier League, and nothing in your defense suggests it is about to.

ReputationRep:
    Inb4 it is a CM or winger.
    Inb4 Zigic to score 30 goals for Arsenal this season

ReputationRep:
    Blind will be good for you, but not as good as he needs to be, but I think Van Gaal's arrogance is blinding him to the monumental task. 3-5-2 does not work in the Premier League, and nothing in your defense suggests it is about to.
    There's no reason it can't work in the Premier League, it's not working because our players don't suit it, at least not with our full backs out and no CMs.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    At the expense of 4th? Surely not
    Nope, in addition to it.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Inb4 Zigic to score 30 goals for Arsenal this season
    30? You having a laugh?

Spoiler:
    Show
    He is clearly going to score a hat-trick every game, winning us the PL, FA Cup and Champions League single handed

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.