Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Thread XXIV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Our record against red-and-white stripes this season: W3-0, L4-0, D0-0

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Football is full of "should've" moments. Teams get good and bad decisions all the time.

So you're saying that all cup finals aren't achievements because just this once there's a sub-par finalist?

Yeah true, we beat United and Dortmund but we're gonna get "stuffed" by Villarreal. Okay...

Your arguments make no sense so don't try to rationale things off as weakly as that.
    You are just a fanboy. There is a difference between a fan and a fanboy. Liverpool have been passed by Spurs and Leicester. Your team is in 7th place even Utd is above you. I don't know why you are coming to Arsenal thread trying to get some credibility from us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    I think the difference with Liverpool now is that we have Klopp.

He hasn't had a pre season. He hasn't spent money. He came in mid-season when we were in crisis, yet he's taken us to a cup final and a EL semi-final (al least).

I don't think you fully understand - this is the exact same team Rodgers had; Klopp is just working with what he was landed with, yet can get us beating the likes of Dortmund, United, City, Chelsea, etc...

The reason why we're so optimistic is because if that man can do this now, what do you think he can do once he spends money?
    Reality doesn't usually work out that way though. He may buy some very good players and end up building his own team but I don't think there will be too many changes. For the record, I rate him as an attacking manager and think he has the right idea about how the game should be played, but it's very difficult to implement his theory into context.

Also you can't praise him for what he's doing with his team but then say you can't criticise his failures. It doesn't work like that. He's still presided over some bottling performances of late which will take time to overcome.

ReputationRep:
    1-2 (Defoe, Sanchez, Ozil).

ReputationRep:
    Giroud is one of the worst strikers I've seen play in an Arsenal shirt. I don't even know why Wenger starts him

ReputationRep:
    Diaby just got injured again.

ReputationRep:
    Actually, this game has Sunderland 1-0 Arsenal written all over it.

ReputationRep:
    Can go into half-time 0-0 without a leader. Can't win without a leader.

ReputationRep:
    Giroud is literally the most temperamental striker ever.

ReputationRep:
    How are you not losing?

ReputationRep:
    If this is the performance from the players, I hope they share the same view as their fans regarding the manager

Jack Wilshere is on

ReputationRep:
    back from a near year long lay off

preps himself for a diving header in the box

gotta love scrappy doo :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Scenes when you bottle top 4 and United get CL.
    Scenes when Liverpool win EL and get CL.

I genuinely think some fans on here would have a breakdown...

ReputationRep:
    Can someone explain how we're a big team?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    We're a 2012-15 QPR with a stadium 3x their size. Signing players who only want the dosh...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    Because all of our past success in Europe

ReputationRep:
    players litterally did not give a **** today..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    2 fa cups in a row

ReputationRep:
    Titles still on lads....

(Original post by swirly)
    Because all of our past success in Europe
    Hope this isn't genuine.

ReputationRep:
    Laugh at us all you want, you'll miss us when we're relegated

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 7, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.