Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    everyone I'm talking to today (other than here) is very angry and distraught we left. there is a real sentiment that the young go stiched up and betrayed by the old.
    But that's a given since I would assume most people you know are in the massive group of our peers that only like democracy if it gives "the right" results, and never even consider that old people might actually believe it is the best course of action for us and aren't just trying to spite us.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    Why May? She irritates me to hell and back!!

My granny has a cat called Boris, so we call him BoJo... Probably why I want him to win :rofl:
    Remember who you're talking to...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    But that's a given since I would assume most people you know are in the massive group of our peers that only like democracy if it gives "the right" results, and never even consider that old people might actually believe it is the best course of action for us and aren't just trying to spite us.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wrong. All old people I've spoken to have said that they absolutely hate the younger generation with their tappy tap things, and they're hoping that by leaving, we're all going to be ****ed in the future.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I think that's about as spurious as any of Aph's comments about people he's spoken to...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    Shame Cameron has resigned , He won't until October and it seems likely a Leadership Contest will start shortly and the new leader and PM announced in October

I think Corbyn should and will resign after 55 Lab MPs support a VoNC , Also Scotland's First Minster should resign

I think

May
    Gove
    BoJo
    Osborne

Will Stand

My preference for Next PM is

- May
    - Gove
    - BoJo
    - Osborne

Rakas21 When do you think the leadership contest will start ?
    Nicola Sturgeons speech was very leader-like, she's been superb.

Arlene Foster on the other hand is ecstatic that we've left and is quite happy to ignore the NI electorate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    BREAKING MONC Issued in Corbyn
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    If its any comfort once referendums are out of the way an EU without the UK is one far more likely to go the whole hog for a federation and expand into the Med.
    I feel that we would be better spliting the country up... just under half of the electorate wont get what they wanted and most of them are young. This will and has resulted in a lot of discontent and anger at the older people. This will lead to massive political apathy in the young and just destroying our nation.
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    Absolutely. A lot of sentiment that it's one more **** you from the baby boomers generation

Posted from TSR Mobile
    completely agree.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Nicola Sturgeon is a vile women , The Scottish Parliament needs to be dissolved and Scotland should cease to exist

ReputationRep:
    The German MEP is fantastic on BBC News, inclined to agree that the EU needs to bear some responsibility.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Hhahahahaha A second Scottish Independence vote .... It won't pass
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    no, they see that we will have to live with the decision longest and that we wanted it. that we belive in cooperation and working together and we are forward thinking.
    The German MEP is fantastic on BBC News, inclined to agree that the EU needs to bear some responsibility.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    which german?
    do you think that NI will get a breaqk up referendum? I can't see how scotland wont and apparently Gibraltar have been offered co-sovereignty with spain to be able to stay in the EU.

ReputationRep:
    Shame Cameron has resigned , He won't until October and it seems likely a Leadership Contest will start shortly and the new leader and PM announced in October

I think Corbyn should and will resign after 55 Lab MPs support a VoNC , Also Scotland's First Minster should resign

I think

May
    Gove
    BoJo
    Osborne

Will Stand

My preference for Next PM is

- May
    - Gove
    - BoJo
    - Osborne

Rakas21 When do you think the leadership contest will start ?
    The leadership contest officially probably lasts two months so probably starts in two weeks, month for the MP's, month for the members and then a decleration mid September.

I'd prefer Gove (Leave but well respected by remain, on the moderate side of the party) but who knows and he may only go for Chancellor. Osbourne is dead, Javid looked a bit stupid over steel and Boris is too divisive for the parliamentary party to rally round him. I also don't think he has more than one good majority in him.

I think May has played a blinder and will probably win the ballot among MP's but that second spot could go to either Boris, Crabb (apparently has the backing of Ruth Davidson) or a spoiler back bench candidate.

ReputationRep:
    With Jezza and Cameron facing removal I'd like to call on Arlene Foster to resign for ignoring the will of her electorate.

Despite campaigning for Leave, NI voted to Remain, today she announced her pride that the UK voted Remain, totally ignoring the wishes of her people.

(Original post by DmcGovern)
    MSG
    (Original post by Adam9317)
    MSG
    (Original post by Airmed)
    MSG
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    The leadership contest officially probably lasts two months so probably starts in two weeks, month for the MP's, month for the members and then a decleration mid September.

I'd prefer Gove (Leave but well respected by remain, on the moderate side of the party) but who knows and he may only go for Chancellor. Osbourne is dead, Javid looked a bit stupid over steel and Boris is too divisive for the parliamentary party to rally round him. I also don't think he has more than one good majority in him.

I think May has played a blinder and will probably win the ballot among MP's but that second spot could go to either Boris, Crabb (apparently has the backing of Ruth Davidson) or a spoiler back bench candidate.
    I Would be Happy for Gove to Win , He is my second preference although i don't think he will stand
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    no, they see that we will have to live with the decision longest and that we wanted it. that we belive in cooperation and working together and we are forward thinking.
    Odd, you didn't vote leave.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I Would be Happy for Gove to Win , He is my second preference although i don't think he will stand
    I think Gove is the only sensible choice.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by EricAteYou)
    I think Gove is the only sensible choice.
    Teachers and young people alike hate him though,

ReputationRep:
    With Jezza and Cameron facing removal I'd like to call on Arlene Foster to resign for ignoring the will of her electorate.

Despite campaigning for Leave, NI voted to Remain, today she announced her pride that the UK voted Remain, totally ignoring the wishes of her people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't think she did.

The priority for whoever does take over, and I hope to God it's not Boris, is to prevent the fragmentation of the UK at this stage.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Suggestions Carney will be gone soon too

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    And people hate you to
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    And?

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.