Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DuggieNumber20)
    Oh, by the way, dudes: those who are REALLY keen to get admission AT ANY COST: book you ticket to St. Lucia and book a room in the hotel where THEY are staying (and I can give you the hotel name later). Once you go there, get up early in the morning (I'd say at 8am) and head straight for the beach (which is just at the back of the hotel). Then find a group of about seven or eight midde-aged men in their trunks, sunbathing, and you can bet it's THEM! Then put your chair (inconspicuously) next to theirs, and bring them some Pina Coladas from the bar. Be extremely polite and corteous. And when they notice you, inevitably they'll start murmuring amongst themselves ('Oh, what a nice lad! Wonder where he's from...'). And then they'll start talking to you. And then you tell them you came over for a holiday from Britain (or you flew in from Beijing, if that' where you reside at the moment) because you couldn't stand that horrible weather any more PLUS you the stress in Britain (or Beijing) was killing you. And then they'll ask 'what stress!? You're so young! What possibly could one be stressed about'. And then you casually tell them 'Well, I applied to one of the schools in London, but it seems they are delaying with their decision and I can't stand this anymore; I needed a holiday'. And they'll ask in amazement: 'and where did you apply to?'. And then comes the moment of truth and you utter those three magical leters: ''L-'S'-E''.
    And when they're in complete shock that they've met a prospective student, they will deem it as a sign from the stars, and will certainly decide amongst themselves to admit you. Of course, they won't tell you they work for LSE. One of them will just tell you 'Well, I might be able to help. I have a few acquaintances in that school, who might be able to assist you'. And then they'll ask you for your application number (or your full name and surname, if you can't remember). And you give it to them, and you're sorted. The next day you can catch a flight back to London, with the words 'Mission Accomplished' constantly ringing in your mind.
    What so they are having a three weeks hol only 2months after xmas and easter + summer hol ? im not very convinced....

ReputationRep:
    Oh, by the way, dudes: those who are REALLY keen to get admission AT ANY COST: book you ticket to St. Lucia and book a room in the hotel where THEY are staying (and I can give you the hotel name later). Once you go there, get up early in the morning (I'd say at 8am) and head straight for the beach (which is just at the back of the hotel). Then find a group of about seven or eight midde-aged men in their trunks, sunbathing, and you can bet it's THEM! Then put your chair (inconspicuously) next to theirs, and bring them some Pina Coladas from the bar. Be extremely polite and corteous. And when they notice you, inevitably they'll start murmuring amongst themselves ('Oh, what a nice lad! Wonder where he's from...'). And then they'll start talking to you. And then you tell them you came over for a holiday from Britain (or you flew in from Beijing, if that' where you reside at the moment) because you couldn't stand that horrible weather any more PLUS you the stress in Britain (or Beijing) was killing you. And then they'll ask 'what stress!? You're so young! What possibly could one be stressed about'. And then you casually tell them 'Well, I applied to one of the schools in London, but it seems they are delaying with their decision and I can't stand this anymore; I needed a holiday'. And they'll ask in amazement: 'and where did you apply to?'. And then comes the moment of truth and you utter those three magical leters: ''L-'S'-E''.
    And when they're in complete shock that they've met a prospective student, they will deem it as a sign from the stars, and will certainly decide amongst themselves to admit you. Of course, they won't tell you they work for LSE. One of them will just tell you 'Well, I might be able to help. I have a few acquaintances in that school, who might be able to assist you'. And then they'll ask you for your application number (or your full name and surname, if you can't remember). And you give it to them, and you're sorted. The next day you can catch a flight back to London, with the words 'Mission Accomplished' constantly ringing in your mind.
    ROFL!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tl1015)
    What so they are having a three weeks hol only 2months after xmas and easter + summer hol ? im not very convinced....
    It's a load of bullocks...

ReputationRep:
    TL1015:
    Yes! Who could have predicted this horrible winter just 2 months ago!? Our government couldn't, and you want the LSE tutors to have known. Who do you think they are? Gods? They are just nice chaps. So my mom says.

ReputationRep:
    I'm very concerned about Amar09 and Economic Historian ("some of us are actually getting quite stressed about the whole process now and it's beginning to affect us adversely,without the need for your ****** up comments").
    I just showed this to my mom and she comemmented "it seems that people like them, who can't cope with stress, are unlikely to be admitted to the LSE. What LSE is looking for is not just good academic record, but also someone with a good personality as well. From my experience I can say that LSE tutors don't like whiners or people who are emotionally unstable". (end of quote).

ReputationRep:
    TL1015:

Yes! Who could have predicted this horrible winter just 2 months ago!? Our government couldn't, and you want the LSE tutors to have known. Who do you think they are? Gods? They are just nice chaps. So my mom says.
    How nice of you to join today simply to impart your wealth of knowledge upon us.:rolleyes:
    Second account much?

ReputationRep:
    It's better to join later than never. Remember: you would have never got this precious info if it wasn't for me. Are you staying in Switzerland, amarie?

ReputationRep:
    "it seems that people like them, who can't cope with stress, are unlikely to be admitted to the LSE. What LSE is looking for is not just good academic record, but also someone with a good personality as well. From my experience I can say that LSE tutors don't like whiners or people who are emotionally unstable". (end of quote).
    Even if he made up the whole thing, i have to agree with "his mom" said there.

ReputationRep:
    I'm very concerned about Amar09 and Economic Historian ("some of us are actually getting quite stressed about the whole process now and it's beginning to affect us adversely,without the need for your ****** up comments").
    I just showed this to my mom and she comemmented "it seems that people like them, who can't cope with stress, are unlikely to be admitted to the LSE. What LSE is looking for is not just good academic record, but also someone with a good personality as well. From my experience I can say that LSE tutors don't like whiners or people who are emotionally unstable". (end of quote).
    I didn't say anything about being stressed, i just said that you're full of ****. Get your facts right.

ReputationRep:
    i dont mean to join the argue but cmon guys relax. no matter Duggie made it up or its true, we still have to wait for the nxt day. we r doing good and hope is in front of us

ReputationRep:
    wow, amar, I just noticed that we have the same uni choices. lol

I have to admit Duggie's bs was pretty funny and give him credit for his imagination. It kind of relieved my stress lol.

ReputationRep:
    hmm ... very interesting the xanta lucia thing. but - going to the beach there, we should just look out for 7/8 guys ... hmmmmm, as far as i know individual applicants are handeled by the departements they applied to, and considering the number of departements and applicants the numbers might be slightly higher ...
    but as long your having fun ...^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanielJH)
    wow, amar, I just noticed that we have the same uni choices. lol

I have to admit Duggie's bs was pretty funny and give him credit for his imagination. It kind of relieved my stress lol.
    really? thats cool. I hope you're fairing better than me so far! What offers you got?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amar09)
    I didn't say anything about being stressed, i just said that you're full of ****. Get your facts right.
    Amar, I've reviewed your messaging history, and you strike me as someone who's 1) very impatient 2) insecure and a 3) whiner. Yes, I'v got my facts straight. Remember, my dear friend: patience is a virtue, and regardless if you whine or not, the decisions won't come any sooner. So why whine, and waste the energy of your fingers by enetering something alongside the lines: "Oh, I'm so stressed", "Oh, I'm so worried I'm gonna be rejected" when nothing is in your hands anyway?:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    And THANKS, DanielJH. At least someone is in a good mood today!

ReputationRep:
    OMG this is hilarious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KirstyK)
    It is entirely possible that there were rejections either last week or this week but that no one on tsr received any considering the relatively small sample size of applicants.
    :ditto:

(Original post by kennethoty)
    it should be applicants applied around mid Nov receiving decisions i guess. i am wondering is there any mid Nov applicants here on TSR becoz it seems really weird not hearing from lse for 2 wks
    My application was processed on november 25th and I got an offer 10 days ago...

ReputationRep:
    Amar, I've reviewed your messaging history, and you strike me as someone who's 1) very impatient 2) insecure and a 3) whiner. Yes, I'v got my facts straight. Remember, my dear friend: patience is a virtue, and regardless if you whine or not, the decisions won't come any sooner. So why whine, and waste the energy of your fingers by enetering something alongside the lines: "Oh, I'm so stressed", "Oh, I'm so worried I'm gonna be rejected" when nothing is in your hands anyway?:rolleyes:
    lol I admit i've been a little anxious the last couple weeks, but i think thats somewhat justified considering I applied 4 months ago and don't have an offer, while many of my friends have their offers. I am quite honestly none of those three things you listed. Also, i think its quite sad that you have nothing better to do than look at my post history.:tongue:

What made you pick St Lucia out of all the different places?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amar09)
    really? thats cool. I hope you're fairing better than me so far! What offers you got?
    I got UCL, Warwick and St.Andrews
    Rejected by oxford (E+M)

I hope you hear good news from warwick, LSE , and St.Andrews soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanielJH)
    I got UCL, Warwick and St.Andrews
    Rejected by oxford (E+M)

I hope you hear good news from warwick, LSE , and St.Andrews soon
    If you don't get LSE, are you gonna pick Warwick or UCL?

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 24, 2009
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.